This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    Turns out these work with the Switch, only problem being A, B and X, Y are reversed...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PG-9083-Wir.../dp/B07B8PJFPJ
    Yeah, but they're probably hopelessly ****, like ALL the tablet-based controller solutions. Every. Single. One.

It drives me crazy. It's no wonder people want to hack the Switch in retrospect.

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but HORI are bringing out a controller with a D-Pad on it.

Comment

Not only has it been posted, but someone's bought one, received it, didn't like it and they've returned it.

QC you're obviously not spending the mandatory 4+ hours per day on here required of all members. I'm hiding your mod hammer.

Comment

It's not wireless, which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Not only has it been posted, but someone's bought one, received it, didn't like it and they've returned it.

QC you're obviously not spending the mandatory 4+ hours per day on here required of all members. I'm hiding your mod hammer.

I just don't spend the majority of my time in the children's console section.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Oof!

(Hides wooden spoon)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Comment

I'm a little disappointed you didn't bite!

Comment

Iro Hero Review: 16-bit Ikaruga, anyone?

Comment

Looks like Bandai-Namco aren't expecting this edition of Taiko no Tatsujin to be successful outside of Japan after all - it will be digital-only in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Looks like Bandai-Namco aren't expecting this edition of Taiko no Tatsujin to be successful outside of Japan after all - it will be digital-only in the West.
                        Good old Bandai Namco, afraid of making money or at least attempting at that.
                        TnT might not be a bestseller outside Japan but I'm pretty sure a more forthcoming approach to distribution and advertisement will improve sales within the niche the game is aimed at and maybe get a more mainstream appeal.
                        But hey, Bandai Namco are willing to mistreat some of their biggest franchises like Gundam, I'm amazed that they are even considering releasing TnT in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Good old Bandai Namco, afraid of making money or at least attempting at that.
                          TnT might not be a bestseller outside Japan but I'm pretty sure a more forthcoming approach to distribution and advertisement will improve sales within the niche the game is aimed at and maybe get a more mainstream appeal.
                          But hey, Bandai Namco are willing to mistreat some of their biggest franchises like Gundam, I'm amazed that they are even considering releasing TnT in the west.
                          Couldn't agree more. A complete waste of time releasing Taiko outside of Asia if Bandai-Namco are going this route. Might as well just let it be a niche import game for fans outside of Japan.

Comment

Obviously not the prevailing opinion here but I think it's perfectly sensible for Bandai-Namco to make that title digital-only. It's probably impossible for them to predict, with any accuracy, how many copies it will sell. Like anything between a few hundred to being a sleeper hit and selling tons; both are possible.

Weird that I'd defend Bandai Namco as I'm frequently irritated by their handling of Gundam in the west ("Oh, the launch PS3 game which is also the worst Gundam game in years didn't sell? Well, these westerners really dislike Gundam."

Comment

Yeah, I can understand it too. The financial commitment releasing something physical has to be entirely different to releasing something digital. I’d rather they take a chance digitally than not at all.

Comment

I understand for BN to release TnT as digital only, it makes sense given the limited appeal of the game. It'd be like Xseed would release Gal Metal with all DLCs on a cart.

Oh wait.

To be honest, I really understand BN's thinking for going digital only with TnT, it's a risky title for western audiences and it could result in a loss. However Bandai Namco manages almost every single franchise they own as a quick cash-in. They seem to be putting a lot behind Code:Vein and the Namco-owned franchises are extempt of that, but the company as a whole don't really seem to care about producing a good product and caring about customers, just stripping as much money from their wallets as they can. And all companies are into videogames for that, but at least they try to put some effort behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X