Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Nintendo’s strategy for the switch - hammer the first year with loads of stuff, create a real buzz and get loads of units sold, then revert back to long periods of drought, Wii u style, with very little coming out, other than than indie games to fill the void. Total genius.

Comment

Limited version of Smash up on the Nintendo web store for pre order

Comment

At the risk of sounding overly negative, I feel bundling a new game with a controller three generations old isn’t a good look. It doesn’t give a positive sense of how they are feeling about their current controllers. To somewhat mitigate the negativity, I happen to think the joycons are pretty great, d-pad aside. That’s a pretty big aside but only for some games...

Comment

It's long, long past when they should have stopped rereleasing the Gamecube controller for Smash. Just let a third party do an adapter for those who care as they no doubt still have a Cube pad from the last three games. They should package it with a nice looking LE Pro Controller instead.

I do feel better about Smash Ultimate at this point. Whilst it's clearly Smash WiiU ported and held back to pad it out so they don't get ripped on for having no major game this Xmas they've certainly added more than enough to have shown due effort to justify it, much better than the last few ports they've knocked out for £50. In terms of Mario Odyssey, I think that was the last Switch game I properly cared about and looking forward... probably next will be Pokemon RPG at the current rate and that's not something I'm fully stoked on but even then that's potentially a 2 year gap.

Pikmin 4 was supposed to be near complete years back, Animal Crossings absence at this point is past scandalous and is erring on stupid, Retro Studios... who knows at this point...

The PC indie ports are okay, means I can catch up on some PC backlog in a way but they're very far from why I bought the system. It's not really like the 3DS is reaping the focus, it's hard to work out where their time is being spent games wise as even third parties like Koei and Namco are doing much of the heavy lifting on some releases.

Pure guess but I'm assuming next year will revolve mostly around Pokemon RPG, Yoshi Switch, yet another Fire Emblem... maybe a HD Remastered Skyward Sword.

Comment

Octopath Traveler is meant to be nice, but I'll be damned if I'm paying more than a tenner for a FFVI port.

Comment

Ummm... you’re all hyped for a Smash Bros that looks more the same than ever and you’re dismissing an original game like Octopath Traveller for, what, maybe being pixel art?

Comment

I was being sarcastic. I'd sooner dismiss its lack of existence, with this being a drought an all.

Comment

Ah, okay. Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. I have heard nothing but great things about it. But yeah, talk of a drought but in reality I have already missed a bunch of Switch games because I don't have time to play them all so I guess, for me, there really isn't a drought. Yet.

Comment

I’m quite pleased with my Switch.

- Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
                    - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
                    - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
                    - Kirby: Star Allies
                    - Octopath Traveler
                    - Okami HD (JP version)
                    - Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
                    - Super Mario Odyssey
                    - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

That’s seven Nintendo-published games in 17 months. I also bought Arms, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but sold them on as I had spent (literally) 968 hours on Arms, can’t get into racing games and I’m unable to invest 80 hours in a RPG (even though I managed to invest 968 hours in Arms but it’s incomparable to me).

Quite looking forward to Let’s Go, Pikachu as I haven’t played Yellow in about two decades. Smash isn’t for me so the next Nintendo game will probably be Yoshi or Bayonetta 3, whichever comes out first. Will also get Mega Man 11, Yomawari: The Long Night, and The World Ends with You: Final Remix. Also got my eye on Daemon x Machina.

All in all Nintendo have published around 15 games for the Switch so far. Doesn’t sound very «droughty» to me but of course there have been some quiet months. Smash and Pokemon will sell so many million copies that they don’t need anything else before 2019. Don’t forget that we’re getting (in no order) games like:

Mega Man 11
                    The World Ends with You: Final Remix
                    Hyper Light Drifter
                    Super Mario Party
                    FIFA 19
                    Firewatch
                    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
                    Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
                    Valkyria Chronicles 4
                    Dragon Ball FighterZ
                    Dark Souls Remastered

There will surely be something for everyone from here on out until the new year.

I’m not really expecting another Nintendo-published game before around March 2019.
                    Last edited by Nico87; 11-08-2018, 09:08.

Comment

Nope that is more than enough for most. I am sick of having to miss classic games all the time on ps4 simply because of lack of time. Wish that was droughtier if anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Ah, okay. Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. I have heard nothing but great things about it. But yeah, talk of a drought but in reality I have already missed a bunch of Switch games because I don't have time to play them all so I guess, for me, there really isn't a drought. Yet.
                        My Nintendo first-party backlog stretches back to the SNES...

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                          I also bought Arms, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but sold them on as I had spent (literally) 968 hours on Arms.
                          Eh? Why didn't you say? We could have had some games!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Eh? Why didn't you say? We could have had some games!
                            Still have my digital copy What’s your friend code? I won’t be on this weekend and I’ll have to download it again first. What’s your in-game name and rank? Maybe we’ve met before
                            Last edited by Nico87; 11-08-2018, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                              Still have my digital copy What’s your friend code? I won’t be on this weekend and I’ll have to download it again first. What’s your in-game name and rank? Maybe we’ve met before
                              Fallows - 5601-5888-8299

I'm only rank 16 as I've only been playing casually as of late.

I command everyone here to buy Smash and play with me online. I'll show you all the way. It'd be an absolute riot over Discord, especially.

4 vs. 4 crazy fighting based around charge attacks rather than intricate combo executions (although that does come later, in spades) featuring all of gaming's greatest characters, what is there not to love?

Comment

Well.i do have a brand new smash cube controller and an.adaper that I've never used... Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X