Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I will. I really appreciate that.

Comment

Though they were day and date together, Breath of the Wild on Switch is akin to say the latest Assassin's Creed coming out on PS4 when the system first came out as well as PS3. The devs may have prepped it for the newer system in various ways but it was from conception through design made for the older hardware. If Nintendo wasn't as slow as it was or the WiiU not have bombed as hard as it did the game would only be on WiiU, one perk as it would have ended being overshadowed like Skyward Sword kind of has been.

Though in either case it still leaves a void of Switch development. Animal Crossing remains the biggest curiosity, that WiiU mini-software thing they did even had updated visuals so surely something was in the works at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Their pipeline is so slow now that I've stopped thinking they're taking time making the games and instead feel they just don't have many in development.
        I always thought the problem was stretching themselves between a home console and handheld... a problem that could be solved by concentrating on a single hybrid system.

Apparently not though, as it would appear. They’re not really making any new 3DS games as Cap’n Toad was a Wuu port. So what are Nintendo’s first party teams up to?

And there’s at least Mario Maker and New Super Mario Bros. U Switch yet to be added to the port list...
        Last edited by _SD_; 24-08-2018, 13:23.

Comment

Makes you wonder how they'll cope when they run out of WiiIU games to port...

Wii Music: HD Remix!

Comment

From the upcoming release I'm interested in metroid and bayonetta, that's it. My own fault really, I should know from previous Nintendo consoles that I only actually like Zelda and metroid!

Comment

Now Luigi's dead they can spin that into a Luigi's Mansion 3 and also license the series out again to Namco and FROM -

Mario Souls

Comment

Picked up Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival on WiiU for pretty much nothing and it looks gorgeous. It feels like these assets would have already given a Switch Animal Crossing a huge head start. Makes it even more baffling to do this work for a board game thing and not just keep going to give us a new Switch game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Picked up Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival on WiiU for pretty much nothing and it looks gorgeous. It feels like these assets would have already given a Switch Animal Crossing a huge head start. Makes it even more baffling to do this work for a board game thing and not just keep going to give us a new Switch game.
                  I bought this too for £5 in Poundland. It does look really nice on WiiU.

Maybe there was a proper AC game in development but it got pulled due to poor sales and they shoehorned it into a quick and easy Mario Party ripoff.

Comment

Shame about the game itself though; it does look wonderful but it's barely interactive. Would be good for young kids though.

Comment

I haven’t even tried it yet. My kids were playing it and seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

I haven’t even tried it yet. My kids were playing it and seemed to enjoy it.
                        It's awful!! The game tells you that if 4 players are competing it will take about 75 minutes to complete a game.

That's 75 minutes of tapping the amiibo on the NFC part of the gamepad to roll an imaginary dice to collect bells and happy points. Oh, and sell turnips.

I gave up after 10 minutes on my own with 3 CPU players.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          It's awful!! The game tells you that if 4 players are competing it will take about 75 minutes to complete a game.

That's 75 minutes of tapping the amiibo on the NFC part of the gamepad to roll an imaginary dice to collect bells and happy points. Oh, and sell turnips. .
                          I think it's perfectly fine, but again, only for kids, because it isn't really interactive. It'd be like having a videogame version of Snakes & Ladders; Snakes & Ladders has no decision making, you simply roll the dice and see who wins. The gameplay would boil down to just pressing a button to roll a dice and the game would do the rest. It's fatalistic.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival is similar. You have a bit of decision-making and activity, but nowhere near as much as Mario Party.

Weirdly this reminds me of the iOS version of the Games Workshop boardgame Talisman. I loved that game as a kid, but if you play a computerised version you find out very quickly just how little playing you actually do with that game.

Comment

I had quite a bit of fun with Amiibo Festival as a massive AC fan but een I can see it as a little dull. One game is enough.

Some of the mini games are really fun but take a while to unlock. One of my main urks is you cant have ALL your villagers in the area. As a card collector I was hoping to put all my villagers on but after a certain number others get replaced I believe (it's been a while since I played it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Now Luigi's dead they can spin that into a Luigi's Mansion 3 and also license the series out again to Namco and FROM -

Mario Souls
                              Luigi isn't dead though. The end of that Smash trailer clearly showed his spirit about to re-enter his body.

Just saying!

Comment

I know it’s kind of OT but, just to come back on Amiibo Festival, I played a couple of games with my kids and I enjoyed it. Yeah, there’s very little to it and the main game is mostly random but we still had fun playing it. And a couple of the mini games we can access are fun. I like the balloon one. It’s a bit like pachinko.

Comment

Working...
                                X