This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    I second Steamworld Dig 2. It's a fun little game with addictive gameplay featuring a decent risk/reward hook and ideally suited for short sessions. I enjoyed my time with it.

Why do you hate flying? Have fun in NY. Nice city.
    Flying in itself is not bad, but getting to airports, going through security, and sitting in economy class for 12 hours in the middle seat with annoying persons on both sides is.

Comment

Yep, all those things plus feeling very confined in airplane seats makes me very uncomfortable, especially if flying at night or I’m just tired. I can’t sleep on planes due to the crippling fear of death.

Comment

Crippling fear of death? Yeah, I guess that would ruin flying. But I don't mean to laugh. Sorry. I would tell you how statistically safe planes are but fear's a funny beast, innit, has no regard for reason or logic.

I love flying myself. I get quite excited about going someplace different and love bagging a window seat and gazing out at the clouds and earth below for hours on end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Recommendations? What I'm definitely not looking for are shooters and games that will take 60+ hours to complete.
          Bayonetta.

Comment

Oof, is anyone getting SNK Heroines? I was actually curious until I saw that it's full price.

I know it's not quite right, but I can't help but feel it's like when Capcom were selling Street Fighter X Tekken, and you could clearly see the Street Fighter characters used the same animations and models from SFIV (with a few cursory changes). This, to me, feels like a cut-down, reworked KoFXIV, and I wasn't expecting it to be £40.

Comment

Has this been talked about?
              Bring the arcade experience to your Nintendo Switch™ with PixelQuest Arcade Kit from Nyko. PixelQuest Arcade Kit is a buildable model of a traditional arcade cabinet. It houses the Nintendo Switch and both Joy-Con™ controllers providing 2-player gameplay with games that utilize a single Joy-Con.

Comment

There should be a 1 player version, with slanted controllers it looks mighty uncomfortable.
                Speaking about cardboard, Deemo added support for the Nintendo Labo cardboard piano with a free update.

Comment

SNK Heroines is a dress-up your loli waifu game, disguised as a fighting game, for weeaboo paedos. It really isn’t a jolly happy non-serious sequel to Gals’ Fighters at all...

Comment

^ Yep, this appears to be the case, which is pretty disappointing. There doesn’t seem to be too much to the fighting and those elements above just got worse with each reveal. I loved the NGPC one and was hoping this would be one I would like.

Comment

Mega Man 11 demo now available on UK/EU and US eShops.

Comment

You’re on the Switch, Harry....

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          ^ Yep, this appears to be the case, which is pretty disappointing. There doesn’t seem to be too much to the fighting and those elements above just got worse with each reveal. I loved the NGPC one and was hoping this would be one I would like.
                          And it's full price.I had thought it would either be humourous on the surface and quite deep (like Gal's Fighters) or basic, but a daft novelty and maybe £20.

Comment

I've had a go of it and... coming off Blade Strangers, it's pretty fun but it's definitely a simplified fighter from more of the Tatsunoko vs Capcom mindset. The pervy aspects are there but at the same time not that extensive compared to your DOA's etc either. Going off the character menu I'm assuming there will ultimately be around 28 fighters in it, it's a reasonable package content wise but it's not KoFXIV level stuff for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Oof, is anyone getting SNK Heroines? I was actually curious until I saw that it's full price.
                              I was going to, but a reading a review yesterday and the price have put me off.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I've had a go of it and... coming off Blade Strangers
                              On which note, is Blade Strangers any good then? Read a review of that too and it sounds like it's dumbed down as well, but maybe not as much as SNK Heroines. I thought it looked good in the initial screenshots, just not sure I want to pay 36 quid or whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                                On which note, is Blade Strangers any good then? Read a review of that too and it sounds like it's dumbed down as well, but maybe not as much as SNK Heroines.
                                To be fair, a fighting game doesn't need to be overtly complex to not be "dumbed down". I mean DiveKick, Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg are great fun fighters, despite only having a few controls.

I haven't played Blade Strangers either and I'm interested in checking it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X