Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see why that would be a good Direct for many, however NSMBU was the only thing to remotely interest me out of all of that and even then I won't be buying it. There's nothing wrong with the WiiU version, and it's nice to keep that console within personal relevance despite me wanting a Wonderful 101 port so badly.

Comment

I prefer the Pokémon one...

Comment

Animal Crossing. Get in.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] just woke me up with the Animal Crossing video, I felt like a kid waking up at Christmas!!!

So glad I bought him Falco amiibo as a surprise (I told him this morning) and myself Summer Isabelle last night on a whim.

Aaaaaaaaagh I’m so excited! I want to watch the whole direct but unlike Christmas I need to get ready for work!!!!

Edit - Just saw the rest of direct... aaaahhh so many things to be excited about!
          Last edited by Blobcat; 14-09-2018, 07:24.

Comment

A few surprises.

Personally I'll probably get World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy IX (as I've never played that one), Daemon X Machina, and still getting Smash.

Though I am a bit disappointed with New Super Mario U Deluxe, or whatever they're calling it. I own the originals and considering these are easy to crank out (I mean Super Mario Maker is a thing) then it's a shame they didn't actually make a new one.

So Nintendo's online service appears to feature a Netflix-esque Virtual Console solution, which means they've finally unveiled something that could, eventually, be worth paying for. I'll wait and see what the initial set is and maybe how it grows.

A good one was the Capcom beat-em up collection thing, HOWEVER - how much is it? If should be £20 or so... If Capcom want £40 they can **** right off, and that'd be a problem for them as I'm probably their target market.

EDIT: Turns out that's 20$ in the US, so that's fine if the ports are decent.
            Last edited by Asura; 14-09-2018, 08:53.

Comment

From the Direct I’ll be getting Katamari Damacy Reroll, Daemon X Machina, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Yoshi’s Crafted World, NSMB U Deluxe (kinda annoying that they kept the U in the name) and Final Fantasy IX. Town looks interesting but we obviously need to see more. Might get the Kirby’s Epic Yarn 3DS port even though it’s only been a few months since I replayed the Wii version. I’m liking the look of Starlink but I think I’ll wait for reviews.

I’m split on a new Animal Crossing. I haven’t played any AC game before though I’m playing a bit of the GC one these days.
              It’s really hard for me to set aside time for games that are practically never-ending.

Also kinda funny that Directs aren’t the be-all and end-all for me anymore now that I have a One X and a PS4 Pro because my gaming future isn’t entirely dependant on Nintendo. To be fair the only other game from that Direct I’d get if I only had a Switch would probably FF XII: The Zodiac Age, but I’m not really planning on buying it for any platforms, it would just be something I’d get for Switch to have more games for it I guess.

In other news, Dragon Marked for Death is getting a physical release in Japan. If the past Inti Creates games are something to go buy it’ll have English language options. It’s actually a fully priced game as well.
              Last edited by Nico87; 14-09-2018, 09:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                It’s really hard for me to set aside time for games that are practically never-ending
                It's such a time-sink. I spent hundreds of hours on the 3DS version with several other people in my office and my village was still crap compared to most of the others I visited online. I swear myself away from it every time but then once a decade I jump back in. I find it truly hospital-bound levels of mundane.

That Smash Switch is proper John Major. Terrible effort.

Comment

I mean... hats off... there's a lot I'm interested in there so fair play. I've been interested in revisiting the FF's (bar naff Chronicles - and where's my FF8?!) and handheld will appeal more than PC. Animal Crossing was a real YES moment - I mean they're still not getting any money from me for the Great Nintendo Online Sub Con 2018 for the game, I'll be offline only happily for that, but it made too much sense not to make it so that's great news.

The Capcom collection is alright and Luigi's Mansion 3 is just... love it. Add in the already known quantities and 2019 already looks better than 2018 has been which is all we really asked for. Hopefully future directs will bring Yoshi back up and a few more requested games - also less clangers like NSMBU - but broadly this should have been at E3 and it offers something positive. Good stuff Ninty.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    I mean... hats off... there's a lot I'm interested in there so fair play. I've been interested in revisiting the FF's (bar naff Chronicles - and where's my FF8?!) and handheld will appeal more than PC.
                    If you're going to replay VII make sure to stick to the PC version for the fan translation (which is on par with the Japanese text). It makes the world of difference.

Comment

Haven't seen the direct itself so in case it was missed:

Assassin's Creed III: Remastered and Assassin's Creed: Liberation Remastered will be getting physical releases too. I'd revisit AC3, it gets too bad a rep

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        If you're going to replay VII make sure to stick to the PC version for the fan translation (which is on par with the Japanese text). It makes the world of difference.
                        Will do, I own it but haven't gone back to it yet. I've still never gone through XII either so this is decent news

Comment

I noticed thatthe trailer only mentioned online play for Crystal Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I noticed that the trailer only mentioned online play for Crystal Chronicles.
                            I bet it will be local as well, i wonder what they will do now we don't have the GBA screens, its been that long since i played it i can t remember if they where much use or just a novelty. What would be cool would be if they did HD versions of the multiplayer zelda's on the e-shop proper online play would bring them games to a lot bigger audience much like they are doing with ff crystal chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              I bet it will be local as well, i wonder what they will do now we don't have the GBA screens, its been that long since i played it i can t remember if they where much use or just a novelty. What would be cool would be if they did HD versions of the multiplayer zelda's on the e-shop proper online play would bring them games to a lot bigger audience much like they are doing with ff crystal chronicles.
                              Well I was joking earlier in thread that you would need five Switch consoles and five copies of the game.

Comment

Meanwhile, in Japan...

Comment

Working...
                                X