Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokemon and Animal Crossing can both get into the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      It plays better out of its box and in the system.
      Lawl.

My main and glaringly obvious point about not caring for Animal Crossing at all aside, your pedantry is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        The only way Nintendo are bringing out a new F-Zero is if they can make one that's more fun than Mario Kart.
        Something they've easily achieved in the past, seeing as F-Zero X was clearly better than MK64 and that F-Zero AX/GX was clearly better than MKDD.

Comment

Even from a multi-player perspective? Arcade racers need tons of content and features to remain justifiable at full price.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Already wondering how to get my hands on the Famicom ones
            Pay for a month of Japanese membership and have them sent via Tenso or whatever that service is.

Comment

Agree with datadave. Pokémon and AC can **** right off.

Comment

Does anyone know how the online system works with multiple accounts on the same system? I have been working under the assumption that if I get it anyone on the system can access it but that could be wrong. Has that been addressed?

Comment

Reckon you'll need a family account.

Comment

Oh, yeah. You’re probably right. Willing to bet there will be some faffing around with that.

I just saw that free to play games don’t require the service. So they’re charging you to play games you also have to pay for but not games you don’t. That seems weird. It’s free or a double charge.

Comment

Even from a multi-player perspective?
                      Yes. Even from that perspective. You make it sound like F-Zero X was crap in multiplayer. It wasn't. There's absolutely no reason as to why Nintendo can't make an F-Zero that delivers a similar multiplayer experience at a minimum.

Arcade racers need tons of content and features to remain justifiable at full price.
                      Eh?

Sorry but that's absolute nonsense and I think you know it is. Some of the finest arcade racers ever made haven't needed tons of content and features at all. Ridge Racer, Daytona, Sega Rally, OutRun...the list goes on.

Quality of gameplay endures and F-Zero has pretty much always had that. There is a reason as to why demand for a new game in the franchise endures.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Eh?

Sorry but that's absolute nonsense and I think you know it is. Some of the finest arcade racers ever made haven't needed tons of content and features at all. Ridge Racer, Daytona, Sega Rally, OutRun...the list goes on.
                        You're really under the impression that any one of those titles could sell for between £40-£50 in today's climate? Daytona and OutRun are relegated to XBL/PSN/eShop tier, and Ridge and Sega Rally would be as well if they were to ever see the light of day again.

You're up against the likes of Forza Horizon, Mario Kart 8... even DriveClub.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          Yes. Even from that perspective. You make it sound like F-Zero X was crap in multiplayer. It wasn't. There's absolutely no reason as to why Nintendo can't make an F-Zero that delivers a similar multiplayer experience at a minimum.
                          I liked F-Zero in multiplayer as well - or at least I probably would have done if I could have found suitable competition, however for every one person that likes F-Zero in multi-player you'll find over one thousand that love Mario Kart. Imagine doing a survey asking everyone which 4-player mode they preferred across F-Zero X and MK64. It would be an absolute land-slide - It's not difficult to see why they're reluctant to please perhaps maybe 250,000 F-Zero fans (and that's at a push). If they had a mind-blowing idea for a new F-Zero to stretch any further than that we would have already seen it.

Comment

We already have MK, Dave. The great thing about games is that you can sell more than one. At this point, a decent F-Zero would shift significant units. Lots of things are aligned here: the success of the Switch, the SNES nostalgia and the rise in popular culture of retrofuturism that F-Zero would fit right in with. It is time for a good F-Zero.

Comment

LOL @ Nintendo’s online service... it’s really quite pathetic. NoA should be running the online side of things, not these silly old idiots in Japan who obviously have no clue what they’re doing. I mean, do they even look at their competition and what they’re offering, or do they still believe that Nintendo exists in its own little reality bubble.

Comment

Need a new Tingle RPG game on switch along with a proper Chibi Robo game.

Comment

Working...
                                X