This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Mines currently sat at my warehouse space in tokyo, looking forward to getting it here been wanting to play okami for a while but the initial batch of games sold out on amazon causing the price to go up as resellers cranked up the price so i held off till it returned to a sane price.
    That sucks, Amazon JP shipped my order a couple of days before release

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
      That sucks, Amazon JP shipped my order a couple of days before release
      To be fair it wasn't amazons fault, forgot to preorder from them. Came to release day and all of amazons stock vanished & the only ones available then were resellers trying it on with stupid 5000 yen prices which is why i held off until the price went back down. Still it will be worth the wait, have undertale coming as well so those 2 games will keep me going for a while i think.

Comment

Reports of a Switch revision coming in 2019: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...rrive-in-2019/

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Reports of a Switch revision coming in 2019: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...rrive-in-2019/
          Sounds like a manufacturing SKU upgrade rather than a "new" unit to me.

Comment

Get ready for a worse screen, slower prosessor and a smaller battery in typical Nintendo “upgrade” style.

But seriously it’s probably just a manufacturing revision for efficiency. Nintendo will want to get at least another 10 years out of that processor yet.

Comment

Probably won't be backwards compatible with Gamecube discs too.

Comment

I honestly don't get any discussion that expects a major revision of Switch either being soon or worthwhile. The system is so lean in design there's little they can do to it beyond making a mini version, putting a battery slaughtering better screen in there or boosting the power.

A cost cutting revision that closes all the hacking loopholes makes the most sense, opening the system up to long term price cuts to stay competitive as the new gen hits.

Sure they could make a Switch that's a bit more powerful but why? They're still bound to the existing base hardware and the DSi and New3DS etc were sooo worthwhile producing... anyone eagerly anticipating a Switch Pro at this point hasn't realty learnt their lesson when it comes to Nintendo.

Comment

Yep. Better battery and cheaper components is all I can imagine they could do. Or possibly some built in chat system but I don't get the specifics of why the system doesn't currently have that (is it lack of a mic input?). I don't think they'd change the main specs any time soon, if at all.

Comment

Hasn't a weakness in the casing been experienced by some/many? Maybe that could be a small revision they need to consider.

Comment

Actually yes. That needs to be addressed. But it wouldn't be a thing they'd advertise, I'm sure. It will be a stealth revision.

Comment

Most likely the revision is to try & close the hacking exploits.

Just tried the rock man 11 demo I was pleasantly surprised how fun it is but dear god that English voice acting is vile, will have to turn my system language to Japanese so it uses the Japanese voices or my ears are gonna bleed. Will be picking this one up for sure, definitely physical version. The double gear system is a nice addition it adds some proper table turning tactics regather than just relying on godlike dodging skills which I sadly lack nowadays lol. Can rinse the original 6 but this one will take some learning.

Comment

Yeah, I assume the revision is going to be a DS/DSLite style revision rather than a 3DS-New3DS-style one. I expect they'll fix a bunch of the common issues, like the joycon connectivity, the way the casing can warp, the hacks/exploits (as much as is possible).

I'm also willing to bet it will have an ethernet port on the dock, because I'm still stunned the system launched without one.

Hopefully they'll increase the battery life, and I'm sure they'll change the screen but I don't think it'll be a big improvement; just whatever Nintendo can secure for the same price, which will be slightly better as we're a few years on.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I'm also willing to bet it will have an ethernet port on the dock, because I'm still stunned the system launched without one.
                            I'd be very surprised if they did this because it would have to switch over connectivity when you take it from the dock, which could break the seamlessness of how it works now.

Comment

Id actually be surprised if it was as big an upgrade as the Lite was. That was a huge upgrade over the original DS in pretty much every way. I'd estimate more an equivalent to the upgrade from the first PS4 to the slight revision with matte HDD casing. Basically a silent upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                I'd be very surprised if they did this because it would have to switch over connectivity when you take it from the dock, which could break the seamlessness of how it works now.
                                Hmm, that's true.

I dunno, maybe it's just the cynical PC gamer in me talking, but I don't like the idea of playing a genuinely competitive multiplayer game over wifi.

Comment

Working...
                                X