This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    You could always look at renting games from Boomerang Rentals. I have a friend that does this for Switch due to the high game prices and he really rates the service.
    Game rentals, now that's taking me back some. I may just give this a try with the Switch

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] how is Football Manager on Switch?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        @Soundwave how is Football Manager on Switch?
        Not sure yet...getting it for Christmas
        Will let you know as soon as it's installed

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] how is Football Manager on Switch?
          I'm willing to wager that it is as crap as every other console and/or smart device version of Championship Manager/Football Manager has been.

Comment

I know what you mean, but this review looks like the game has evolved a bit on console... Maybe? Maybe not? Huh? Huuuuuuh? Hnngh

Comment

It kinda hit me how the release calendar has been filled with so much stuff yesterday - but none of it has really jumped out at me. Going on a long Christmas trip, I opened the store intending to drop maybe £20-25 on a decent title for the break. I wanted something single-player, good for handhelds... Basically I wanted another RPG or something after finishing Xenoblade.

There's just nothing that interested me despite a packed store-front, and I've played the big-hitters. I was particularly galled to see that Battle Chasers game was £34.99 despite being a re-release of an indie game, which is much cheaper on other platforms. Plus they still have the cheek to "reduce" titles to £35 and call that a "sale".

Was kinda hoping to get something like Hyrule Warriors for £25, in some kind of Christmas offer. Boy was I off-base!

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              I'm willing to wager that it is as crap as every other console and/or smart device version of Championship Manager/Football Manager has been.
              I hate to object but the PSP Championship Manager games were actually pretty good, in my opinion. They were essentially ports/reworks of the PC Championship Manager 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                There's just nothing that interested me despite a packed store-front, and I've played the big-hitters. I was particularly galled to see that Battle Chasers game was £34.99 despite being a re-release of an indie game, which is much cheaper on other platforms. Plus they still have the cheek to "reduce" titles to £35 and call that a "sale".
                I was hoping someone here would pick it up and offer some impressions I've read good things, although a lot of people bash loading times, at least on the Switch. IIRC the developers had to heavily optimize the code for release on this console, this might be one contributing factor for the higher price. That, and it's because it's on Switch.

Comment

I hate to object but the PSP Championship Manager games were actually pretty good, in my opinion. They were essentially ports/reworks of the PC Championship Manager 2.
                  Your objection doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I couldn't disagree more. ChampMan on the PSP was garbage - I know that because I too played it.

Leaving aside the fact that it was CM5 (the point where Championship Manager became rubbish by default because Sports Interactive no longer allowed Eidos to use their extensive player database for the game, which was the key component of CM and the one they now let Sega use for Football Manager), CM on the PSP definitely wasn't essentially a port of the PC game. It didn't even come close - for one thing, Eidos didn't develop the port!

I stand by what I've said. Championship Manager (pre-5) and Football Manager are only ever at their best on PC. The console and smart device versions are hot trash, with handheld versions like the PSP version a definite no.

Comment

It kinda hit me how the release calendar has been filled with so much stuff yesterday - but none of it has really jumped out at me. Going on a long Christmas trip, I opened the store intending to drop maybe £20-25 on a decent title for the break. I wanted something single-player, good for handhelds... Basically I wanted another RPG or something after finishing Xenoblade.

Was kinda hoping to get something like Hyrule Warriors for £25, in some kind of Christmas offer. Boy was I off-base!

On the subject of eShop pricing, Smash is up there at £59.99. I paid £75 for the limited package with a GC pad and GameCube adapter at retail. lol

I mean someone has to be paying these prices or they wouldn't be there but it just seems ridiculous to me.

Comment

I paid £85 for the full fat D/L version.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        Keeping the switch u then joe?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          Keeping the switch u then joe?
                          I still quite like it. I've got a Pro Controller and most of the first-party games, as well as a few cheapies. I've learnt not to buy any more of the cheap stuff, as they just seem like iPad games tailored for the controller and I end up not playing them for more than five minutes and then deleting them. Things like Horizon Chase Turbo, R-Type Dimensions EX and OutRun is what I mean. They seem all very well at time, but I could have spent that £30 on a more premium title.

I did also buy Dark Souls Remastered for it for some strange reason, but the online seems non-existent at times, so I only play it now and again; mainly at night where you can get some assistance easier. I did really enjoy BOTW wild though. I ploughed hours upon hours into it to keep my mind off of my Mrs. and drinking myself into oblivion. Mario Tennis Aces is enjoyable too, I really like the online tournaments for it. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I am going through slowly. I do a cup here and there. Odyssey I enjoy, but I'm not really Mario guy, so I play it until I get frustrated and then off it. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I find a little tedious, the same with Mario + Rabbids, but I do put some hours in here and there. Smash Bros. I play quite often. The World of Light is quite addictive, and I will transfer my skills online once I'm done with it.

I'm currently going through the Octopath Traveler Prologue Demo, and I might upgrade to the full version if I like it enough.

I've got more than enough games for it to last me for ages already, but I quite like the simplicity of it. The OS is mighty basic compared to a PS4 and everything happens instantly. It's just like every other Nintendo console I guess. It's good for the first-party stuff if little else. There's been nothing for PS4 that I've wanted to play since the summer with Spider-Man really. I bought RDR2 on a whim, and hated it or didn't really get it, so I'm messing about with this until January when some PS4 big hitters that I want release. I'm not exactly in the best state of mind at the moment, so anything that keeps me away from bad thoughts or doing stupid things is welcomed.
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 21-12-2018, 10:52.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Seiken Densetsu collection is half price digitally on the Japanese eShop right now.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Same. Well, CA$106ish.

Comment

Octopath got 40% knocked off about five minutes after I paid full price. I’ll see if they won’t give me a refund.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hope Nintendo look after you @J0e-Musashi ... same happened with me with a PSN game and Sony did nothing but quote terms and conditions at me

I actually picked up Octopath myself. Looking forward to playing (probably in the NY sometime).

Comment

Working...
                                X