No announcement yet.

GCD2: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need better marketing it's been nothing but cuts, negativity and mergers drowning out all the xbox news. I was watching a few commentators this lunch and there are loads of rumours flying around about how this gen could be cut short for Microsoft as they have put themselves into a bit of a corner with the double power strat, it would add to the confusion if they do a series x pro to rival the PS5 pro as they would have to drop and discontinue the S, (they can't expect devs to support 3 versions of a game).

Last edited by Lebowski; 12-02-2024, 12:51.

Comment

On one hand, it never worked out for Sega. On the other hand it would probably help them if they stopped releasing consoles side by side with Sony

Comment

Comment

Xbox Won't Stop Making Consoles - Dark Horizons

01 - Nintendo Switch - 139.00m
          02 - PlayStation 5 - 51.00m
          03 - Xbox Series S/X - 26.00m​

Comment

Good results in the latest quarter for Sony. PS5 is now at 54.8m units sold, falling slightly behind the sales curve of the PS4. It will be a tight squeeze to hit the yearly projected sales of 25m units though as the system ends Q3 at 16m

01 - Nintendo Switch - 139.00m
            02 - PlayStation 5 - 54.80m
            03 - Xbox Series S/X - 26.00m​​

Comment

8m units sold of Nier Automata. 7 years since launch too which highlights how much feet are dragging on this one

Comment

PlayStation Podcast returns with Pacific Drive and Helldivers 2 talk. And the gang says goodbye to an old friend…

An update on PS2 lifetime sales from Jim Ryan puts the console on 160m, continuing its fight against Switch

Comment

I can honestly see Nintendo dragging Switch2 out until it beats the ps2.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-03-2024, 21:01.

Comment

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that worldwide sales of Dragon’s Dogma 2 surpassed 2.5 million units.

Dragons Dogma II has launched to 2.5m units sold compared to the launch month of the original game that managed 1m

Comment

Stop sleeping on Dragon Dog'ead 2 guysh. I'm 102 hours in and love it. I love it as it's not too hard, like it hasnt felt it needs to be souls like in difficulty. To me it feels like a lovely warm bath of an Action RPG. Yes, there are times where you scratch your head wondering where to go next, but with a sprinkling of Wiki, you can get back up on that horse (there are no mounts) and carry on the good fight.

Comment

Koei Tecno revises sales down by 11% and profits down by 28%

There are a couple of games that might be the culprit given underperforming software is cited as the cause but speculation seems to be leaning more heavily to Rise of the Ronin which has seen itself be overshadowed by Rebirth and Stellar Blade

Comment

Nintendo have revealed that in January through March they sold 1.96m Switch consoles. Hardware sales for the entire financial year were 1.1m down on the prior year meaning that if Switch 2 doesn't launch this year the original should overtake the Nintendo DS and get close enough to eventually coast past the lifetime sales of the PS2.

01 - Nintendo Switch - 141.32m
                          02 - PlayStation 5 - 54.80m
                          03 - Xbox Series S/X - 26.00m​​

Mario vs Donkey Kong sold 1.2m units, Princess Peach Showtime! has so far sold 1.22m units, Super Mario Bros. Wonder sold 1.42m units in the three month window alone with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe racking up another 1.38m in the same window.

Nintendo is projecting to sell 13.5m units of Switch in the April 2024-March​ 2025 window.

I feel that projection confirms when Switch 2 will land.

Comment

Working...
                          X