No announcement yet.

Why microtransactions, IAPs and LootBoxes are here to stay thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I had memories of this being a thing in some game a while back. That NBA game might have been it. It is horrendous.

Comment

It's obnoxious. Has no place in games that you pay for and are already layered up with numerous other business models.

Comment

Ha, love the fact Barlog called EA out on it, great stuff.

Comment

I'm shocked.

That's it's taken EA this long.

Comment

To play devils advocate, if only used on the pitch barriers *is there a name for these?* then it'll be more authentic, especially if they use the same ads as the real thing.

The F1 games have real ads for real sponsors.
            Last edited by cutmymilk; 29-07-2020, 13:45.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              if only used on the pitch barriers *is there a name for these?*.
              Pitchvertisements.
              Sidevertising.

That's all I've got.

Comment

My first thought is: Adverts on the billboards? This is an outrage!
                Second thought: How much for a week of "Prinny is a bellend" or something?

I remember in-game advertising before and apart from Dole bananas in Super Monkey Ball, they're usually pretty random.

Comment

As someone who doesn’t play the EA sports games I’m kinda surprised this isn’t already a thing.

Comment

Pitch or track-side billboards aren't going to interrupt a game though. Same with build-up intros and that sort of thing; 'tonight's game brought to you by Coca-Cola' etc. Indeed those are authentic and probably included for use with the sport's license. People don't mind those.

The image from the WSJ story really shows the 'reality' of the implementation.

Comment

Ah OK yeah that would be a complete piss take.

Comment

Why would they do that? UFC octagons have space for a dozen ads! Put it there!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          ha wow, even if you throw the premium points out like candy and i only imagine getting any value if you 24/7 pop sock every battle pass... hope this dies as bad as Anthem, but that license alone is enough to print money for alot of whales.

Comment

Oh man who can’t wait such a bargain $10 per character, remember when customising and other stuff was part of the game without paying anything or unlockable by playing free to play is always a gateway to them slapping in this crap. Morbidly curious just how far devs can keep pushing before there’s huge backlash to the whole industry.

Just glad that the stuff I play rarely has this garbage in them.

Comment

Every time I feel like it's near breaking point something bursts through the barrier. I think I'll just stick to Super Nintendo.

Comment

Working...
                              X