No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it seems the Farpoint and Aim bundle is discontinued, and Argos is the only place that still has it for £45.

I've ordered one, just about to press buy; reviews say it is good but the odd one says average. Are there any other games that use the peripheral?

Comment

Pick up the old PS3 killzone move holder instead? Not sure it does the same thing but it seems to be a move in a plastic shell

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
        So it seems the Farpoint and Aim bundle is discontinued, and Argos is the only place that still has it for £45.

I've ordered one, just about to press buy; reviews say it is good but the odd one says average. Are there any other games that use the peripheral?
        Doom VFR, Bravo Team and Arizona Sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          So, that's the science bit. If you find a way to convince me that the science is wrong then you'll also need to explain why, despite that, it works brilliantly anyway with surround speakers. I appreciate that with headphones the sound engineers could create sounds above and below me. Point is though that VR works just fine with speakers.
          The issue is that you have 3 speakers at the front of your room (left, right and centre) and only two at the back (left and right).

So if you face the back of the room, you get a different aural experience to facing the front, even if the game rotates the positional audio so that it's coming from vaguely the right direction.

If there was no difference, then you wouldn't need a centre speaker at the front of your room.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
            So it seems the Farpoint and Aim bundle is discontinued
            y'see, this is the kind of thing which is making me seriously consider buying a VR set even though I don't yet have a PS4 to use with it. I'm concerned I'm going to wake up one morning in July this year to an announcement that the PSVR has been discontinued, but suppliers actually stopped two weeks ago and now the headsets are £600 new on eBay and nowhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              y'see, this is the kind of thing which is making me seriously consider buying a VR set even though I don't yet have a PS4 to use with it. I'm concerned I'm going to wake up one morning in July this year to an announcement that the PSVR has been discontinued, but suppliers actually stopped two weeks ago and now the headsets are £600 new on eBay and nowhere else.
              Or that the Farpoint bundle was a limited edition and was always going to sell out at some stage. Don’t nerd out dude. No sensible person would buy PSVR with no way to use it. Why don’t you just buy a PS4?
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 02-04-2018, 10:09.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Or that the Farpoint bundle was a limited edition and was always going to sell out at some stage. Don’t nerd out dude. No sensible person would buy PSVR with no way to use it. Why don’t you just buy a PS4?
                Because PSVR is so far the only thing I want for it. It's starting to seem like that's enough, though.

Comment

It has Peggle 2 aswell, that is all you need.

Comment

Had a play yesterday, and pretty happy with this, but it shines when its computer generated.
                    not tried a 3D movie yet, just hope its better than the youtube stuff, as it's a bit meh,

Only issue so far (minor) is with the actual rubber around the face, i get a bit light leakage towards the bottom, as there is not much you can do with the placement on the face, only back and forth, i find a have to have it higher up the back of my head (less secure) in order to have it tighter on the face for less leakage.

Just downloaded the kitchen, going to try that when i get home tonight.

Comment

#DriveClub is ok I guess. It was free in the HK store so I can’t complain, but Wipeout is on a different level.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                        Had a play yesterday, and pretty happy with this, but it shines when its computer generated.
                        not tried a 3D movie yet, just hope its better than the youtube stuff, as it's a bit meh,

Only issue so far (minor) is with the actual rubber around the face, i get a bit light leakage towards the bottom, as there is not much you can do with the placement on the face, only back and forth, i find a have to have it higher up the back of my head (less secure) in order to have it tighter on the face for less leakage.

Just downloaded the kitchen, going to try that when i get home tonight.
                        You’re supposed to be able to see out of the bottom of it a little. That’s correct.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, lets you find your dual shock without taking the headset off! Just reserved resi 7. Asda in Swindon have an entire psvr section in addition to the normal PS4 area.

Comment

Also worth bearing in mind, when you're using the headset, you can turn the lights off. It'll even make the tracking work better.

Comment

My Argos receipt had 10 off voucher so got resi 7 for a fiver. Grabbed farpoint with the aim controller pack on a whim too. Yes, I am addicted to VR. Started watching the VR movie too about the girl with the airships and coloured match type things.

Comment

Just been playing Farpoint with the Aim controller, very good and gives a great sense of scale, legs went a little giddy while i was peering over a cliff. Love the gun too (on screen).

Actually got a little hot and sweaty playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X