Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Is Beat Saber a must buy?
    Kinda divided over that. On the Oculus Quest, absolutely, but PSVR, I was never totally sold on the standing experiences.

Comment

PlayStation to close Manchester VR studio
      "VR outfit to close its doors after five years

The firm confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that it intends 'to close it as part of our efforts to improve efficiency and operational effectiveness'. We understand the entire studio has been made redundant.

Sony's Manchester team was formed to create VR games back in 2015. The firm had been working on an unannounced VR project.

It is the third UK studio PlayStation has closed over the course of this generation, with Guerrilla Cambridge closing in 2017 and Evolution in 2016. Both studios had also worked on PlayStation VR projects before being closed.

The platform holder still operates two first-party development studios in the UK, namely Dreams developer Media Molecule and Blood & Truth creators London Studio."
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 05-02-2020, 13:51. Reason: added link

Comment

Which PSVR games did they make in Manchester?

Comment

Which PSVR games did they make in Manchester?
          They were bought by Sony in 2015 as North West Studio then renamed to Manchester Studio.
          They had been working on a title since then, which never got released and they've closed it down now.

In 2015, Sony opened Manchester Studio to focus on games for PlayStation VR. Today, Sony confirmed that Manchester Studio is being closed.

Comment

SONY seem to dislike the UK and Europe. Must be looking to top EA for studio closers.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              SONY seem to dislike the UK and Europe. Must be looking to top EA for studio closers.
              To be fair... Okay, I mean, you never know what's "behind the curtain" as such. Sometimes studios get paralysed by internal company politics or executive meddling, and despite the best staff, lots of effort and all the will in the world, they end up producing nothing.

However... They formed in 2015 to make a VR game, and in 2020, that game has been canned. Unless their development has literally been sabotaged by those aformentioned company politics (always possible for a big company like Sony), something has clearly gone wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                To be fair... Okay, I mean, you never know what's "behind the curtain" as such. Sometimes studios get paralysed by internal company politics or executive meddling, and despite the best staff, lots of effort and all the will in the world, they end up producing nothing.

However... They formed in 2015 to make a VR game, and in 2020, that game has been canned. Unless their development has literally been sabotaged by those aformentioned company politics (always possible for a big company like Sony), something has clearly gone wrong there.
                If this was just an isolated incident it might be fair enough, but it's not. Really does seem like the American's are calling all the shots for the PS5

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I'm hearing that they canned half the staff 2 years ago, but were definitely still working on something and even advertised a job role recently. Seems like Sony didn't know what they want!

Comment

I know you shouldn't judge books by their covers but I go on the store and the artwork and screenshots of quite a few of these PSVR games look boring.

I want an Eye of the Beholder dungeon crawler RPG in VR. It would still be teleporty as I take a step, but it will feel claustrophobic and intimidating standing face to face with the enemy. Someone needs to make this.

Comment

I want an Eye of the Beholder dungeon crawler RPG in VR. It would still be teleporty as I take a step, but it will feel claustrophobic and intimidating standing face to face with the enemy. Someone needs to make this.

Comment

Hahahaha oh. Thanks I will check these out. Thee better be true swords n shield fantasy themed.

Comment

As I suspected, those games were turd. What's Skyrim like in VR?

Comment

Pretty amazing IMO.

Comment

It's really good... But in truth? It's tiring. If you want to burn calories that's great, but long-form games like that are cool in theory but can be a bit of a drag in practice.

Comment

Burn calories? Wait. Do you have to stomp your feet to move?

Comment

Working...
                                X