No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen Saints and Sinners, looks like fun. Pinball fx2 looks interesting too. Hoping I get on with this, could get me actually playing games again!

Comment

PSVR feels more next gen than next gen!

I would save it all up for Christmas so you really feel like a kid getting their first console again!

Comment

Great photo. Im so forgetful these days I I might forget that iive got it coming and I t’ll be like those old camcorder clips you see on the recent bout of documentaries :-)

Must remember to check past ps+ Games to see if there is anything I’ve already got actually. And I accidentally purchased psnow instead of ps+ last month, so maybe some games on there

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I would save it all up for Christmas so you really feel like a kid getting their first console again!
          Honestly, first year I had my PSVR, I took it home for Christmas. My dad, who has barely sat down to play a videogame since Daytona USA, played through the entire Apollo 11 Experience, and absolutely loved it. He was utterly spellbound for the entire thing, and was talking about it for days afterwards.

I currently don't have a headset after getting rid of my Quest once I suspected the Quest 2 announcement was imminent, and honestly, I'm finding it hard to go back to normal console gaming. FPS games in particular just seem really flat after the likes of Alyx and Farpoint, and forget about racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
            Great photo. Im so forgetful these days I I might forget that iive got it coming and I t’ll be like those old camcorder clips you see on the recent bout of documentaries :-)

Must remember to check past ps+ Games to see if there is anything I’ve already got actually. And I accidentally purchased psnow instead of ps+ last month, so maybe some games on there
            Same for me, I checked past PS+ games and discovered "Here They Lie", which was a really immersive experience.
            It's really well done too, with a dull, almost monochrome city with clothesracks swaying in the breeze, then there's a splash of colour as the girl in the yellow dress runs away in the distance and you're left alone in the empty city...

...or at least you think you're alone...

Don't forget there are 3 demo collections to try, plus the VR Room and a few others.

Sony really have royally messed up the shop, but there's a free story called "Allumette", which is a retelling of The Little Matchgirl, but with mice and it's amazing as these mice are like right in front of you. Not top-tier or a massive thrill-fest, but quite charming.

We should probably stop giving you suggestions as I think too many choices leads to not choosing anything!
            [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]. I loved that story. My Facebook memories showed a family visit last year and another branch of the family were asking if I'd shown them VR yet, and all of them loved it.
            I even played it for my Mom and mother-in-law, and they loved it too.

Deffo have some simple experiences on-hand for non-gamers. Shark Encounter is my go-to, as I said in an earlier post.

Comment

Deffo have some simple experiences on-hand for non-gamers. Shark Encounter is my go-to, as I said in an earlier post.
              If you have a Quest (though it's probably on PSVR too) I strongly recommend Richie's Plank Experience for this.

Comment

I keep seeing that and thinking I'm a bit beyond that, but you're right, it'd probably be a great demo experience for visitors (remember them?).

Comment

I keep seeing that and thinking I'm a bit beyond that, but you're right, it'd probably be a great demo experience for visitors (remember them?).
                  Honestly it's really fun regardless, but you're right, it's a 5-minutes-and-done sort of thing.

The good aspect of it for the Quest is that, with the idea being you're walking the plank off a tall building, when you load it up, it lets you configure the plank - so you stand where you want it to start, and you use the controllers to set up where you want it to end. This is useful because it means the game adapts to whatever room you're in; if you're in a small room, short plank, but if you take it to your office and have a bit more space to show people, you can set it up to 15 feet long and it makes it a great spectator activity.

People knock it because it's such a daft simple thing. It's the VR equivalent of how people in the 20s used to go watch a cinematograph of a moving train, just because. But I'd argue it's a really well made version of what they were trying to do, and well worth a fiver.

Comment

There is a lot on amazon for psvr that’s heavily discounted a lot of physical psvr games around £13-£25 although some are still £30 but it’s a good time to start hoovering up releases.

Comment

Nice, will have a browse at that.

Just had my first go with PSVR, ran out of disk space though installing the demo discs (might have to add some external storage, a hub built into the tv processing unit would have been good).

Wow, it’s blown my socks off, never thought I’d like it as much as I did. And that was just trying Job Simulator demo out, then Moss, and tried the Aim controller out with Farpoint, had a few jumps in that and swearing shooting at the creatures.

Might invest in a move dock, and a case to store it all in.

Thank you for the encouragement to get one, it’s really as good as you all said!

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                        Nice, will have a browse at that.

Just had my first go with PSVR, ran out of disk space though installing the demo discs (might have to add some external storage, a hub built into the tv processing unit would have been good).

Wow, it’s blown my socks off, never thought I’d like it as much as I did. And that was just trying Job Simulator demo out, then Moss, and tried the Aim controller out with Farpoint, had a few jumps in that and swearing shooting at the creatures.

Might invest in a move dock, and a case to store it all in.

Thank you for the encouragement to get one, it’s really as good as you all said!
                        Honestly, invest in one of these - you won'd regret it:

Comment

The current UK PSN Indies sale has rather a lot of VR stuff in it. I'd suggest Rez and Tetris for anyone that doesn't have them already.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                            The current UK PSN Indies sale has rather a lot of VR stuff in it. I'd suggest Rez and Tetris for anyone that doesn't have them already.
                            Any suggestions, because although I found the Indie sale, the shop is so **** now, you can't filter PSVR titles.
                            You can't even sort by name or price.
                            Hell, you can't even sort!

Comment

Asura- that looks great! Unfortunately with the limited space I have I think it’s just too bulky and tall to fit behind my relatively small TV.

I’m toying with the idea of this one for DS4 and Moves https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07THYTZ..._9EsPFbHFQXME7

Mixed reviews. But I guess people who are pleased with something don’t tend to leave a review unless they are ecstatic about a product. But unhappy people will quickly leave a review.

Nice that a few games have been reduced. I might go physical on the ones that have a physical release, just so I can sell them if they don’t click with me. Unless there’s a demo to try.

Comment

How PSVR works on the PS5.
                                Basically there are some framerate boosts. If the game wasn't a steady 60fps (120fps) then it is now.

Comment

Working...
                                X