No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The store is so bad. Try something like psprices.com to filter and find.
    I think I might get Moss and some others. Moss has a demo which I liked but it is fairly old now and can't be as good as astro bot!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Any suggestions, because although I found the Indie sale, the shop is so **** now, you can't filter PSVR titles.
      You can't even sort by name or price.
      Hell, you can't even sort!
      Still quite miffed about the devolution of the PSN shop.

Comment

The DualSense works with PSVR as long as there is no light bar tracking. So resident evil 7 and wipeout work fine on it for example. That's a plus I guess.

Comment

Don't feel I am quite authoritive enough, but my picks from that sale are:
          Owned - Rez, tetris, Superhot VR, Bound (though not purely VR)
          Looking at - Trover, Moss, Sairento.

Comment

This is interesting, blood and truth is getting a PS5 patch to increase the framerate and graphics.

Developer Sony London says that its latest update to PSVR exclusive Blood & Truth will feature some key improvements when playing the game on PS5. According to a tweet from the studio, Blood & Truth will feature higher resolution, higher framerate (up to 90fps), the highest level of detail on assets and

Comment

Firewall is also getting a PS5 update.
              So I suspect that current psvr games will still need to work with the ps4 and ps4pro. However these 'ps5' updates are essentially pro updates that can push the Pro a bit harder (almost pro+) and take some advantage of the decomp and load speeds, like we have seen TLOU do.
              It might mean we don't see any PS5 VR games, but we will see more Pro+ versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                but we will see more Pro+ versions.
                This keeps me awake at night...

Comment

Got an email from Sony, my ps5 psvr adapter is on its way.
                  So that will sit in the back of a cupboard for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                    Got an email from Sony, my ps5 psvr adapter is on its way.
                    So that will sit in the back of a cupboard for a few years.
                    Yeah got that email too, better to have one than not plus they are free after all. Just need to put the damn thing somewhere in my p4 stuff where it won't get lost if it's small enough it might fit in the inside top pocket of my psvr headset hard storage case. Nice to hear that they are patching at least some PS4 VR games to make them better on PS5.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      This keeps me awake at night...
                      ... and will bring me perilously close to ****ting myself

Comment

Fuelled with jealousy of PS5 owners getting their toys, I went on a spending spree.

A friend has loaned me his Aim controller and after reading this list of compatible games, I bought both Crisis VRigade 1 & 2!
                        The PlayStation Aim controller is for the PlayStation VR and turns your shooting games into a more immersive experience! Here are all the games with Aim controller compatibility built in.

Crisis VRigade: £3.69 (with PS+)
                        Crisis VRigade 2: £7.99 (with PS+)

I started with the first game as it has a lovely chunky Virtua Cop aesthetic.
                        Headed to the shooting range to test the accuracy and it was really good.
                        Started the game and it's pretty tough!
                        The first mission is stopping a bank raid and you start in the street outside.
                        Pretty quickly you learn to use the scenery to duck behind. I was literally on my hands and knees ducking behind a virtual cop car, taking trick shots through the windows to take out the perps.

Once inside, you're ducking around pillars or popping up over bank teller desks and you get options of which way to go.
                        It's similar to Time Crisis with the time limit, but that game's pedal means you're either in or out, but with Crisis VRigade, you're inching out to get a sliver of space between scenery or even blind firing over desks!
                        I would say this is more like Police 24/7, which I've said before would be a perfect fit for PSVR.

Two issues. Like Time Crisis, you need to learn each section, where you start and how you hide as you normally start getting shot at from multiple angles.
                        The other is that it started to drift and in time-sensitive games like this, it has to be accurate, but my hand was drifting across the screen with a pistol magazine, or I couldn't cock it or my shots were going wide.

By that time, the sequel had downloaded and I tried that out. It's really funny because it's a similar layout, but a lot more realistic.
                        Back to the range and I put ear defenders on an it muffled the sound. When you put in a new magazine to your pistol, the slide remains open and you can see the first round in it. The gun is really detailed with light reflecting off the dull metal with an indented logo.

First level sees you in an alley way, ducking behind an armoured car for cover.
                        There are bonuses for hitting certain things like somebody running or far away and you can get bonuses like machine guns, dual wielding or extra time.

Same issues at the first game where working out where to stand and hide for each section and tracking needs to be perfect, but both games are great and I started getting a sweat on!

They're on sale, co-op, work with Aim or Move controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Yeah got that email too, better to have one than not plus they are free after all. Just need to put the damn thing somewhere in my p4 stuff where it won't get lost if it's small enough it might fit in the inside top pocket of my psvr headset hard storage case. Nice to hear that they are patching at least some PS4 VR games to make them better on PS5.
                          mine arrived today, smallish usb dongle, wondered what it was initially, as it just came in a jiffy bag. time for it to get lost somewhere in a drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                            mine arrived today, smallish usb dongle, wondered what it was initially, as it just came in a jiffy bag. time for it to get lost somewhere in a drawer.
                            I'm still waiting for mine. I got an email last week saying its coming.

Comment

Blood and truth runs at 4k/90 now. Obviously the headset can't do 4k but it means it's essentially maxing out the screens. No pop up and higher textures too. This is what we need from PS5. More please.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                Blood and truth runs at 4k/90 now. Obviously the headset can't do 4k but it means it's essentially maxing out the screens. No pop up and higher textures too. This is what we need from PS5. More please.
                                That'll be fantastic. It's already the best VR game I'd played, and I've played most things up until recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X