No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played a bit more Moss last night really relaxing to play. About an hour in now, still love looking around corners in it.

Saw Operation Warcade (Operation Wolf) is out now must buy for me looks amazing fun, and Wipeout VR is brilliant I hear from people on here and others.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      It will be better when it's wireless though. And when they eliminate the screen door effect.
      On subject of this was thinking last night would be good to just be able to plug into PS5 (no break out box). But camera for me takes longer to setup than anything, I wish the could find a way to use something else. But first re design Move controllers.

Comment

Had another extended sesh this afternoon. I'm going to need to try some Wipeout or Rez next because that demo disc has been exhausted. EVE: Valkyrie is probably my favourite demo besides Driveclub, surprisingly. I know it's low resolution but it plays nicely, and standing up in the car to look behind you never gets old. I'd trade resolution for performance any day of the week.

Went over to the X demo pod and had a bash on Forza 7. I was bored in under seven seconds so then went on to have a GP on MK8D instead.

Comment

Have you bought psvr Dave or are you just trying it on a demo pod somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Have you bought psvr Dave or are you just trying it on a demo pod somewhere?
            Only trying it out. I've resisted a VR demo of any kind for very good reason, but the place was empty the other day so I figured I'd have a quick go. If I already had a PS4 it'd be a no-brainer.

Another thing I really like is the response. I thought because of all of the fancy black magic processing going on that there'd be a bit of lag associated - but no. I held the virtual Dual Shock right up to my virtual eyes and did my usual SMW blink test (where I tap the button and blink at the same time to see if my eyes capture the response before they close) and the results were bang on. The virtual button press is instant.

The screen door effect... Is that the slight graininess/noise I see over everything? It's hardly noticeable once the action gets going, however during loading screens I find it hard not to focus on it. 99% a non-issue.

Comment

Ah, With no PS4 it's a trickier proposition. More expensive for starters anyway and then there's the do I get the PS4 pro question you end up asking yourself. Suddenly it's 600 quid.

If you really want to avoid that expense then do not play wipeout. I know you are a fan of f zero but this will convert you to the dark side. It's the greatest experience ever, albeit a vomit inducing one at first.

Comment

Yeah man, there's easily enough PSVR games to justify the headset, just not enough PS4 games for me to get the console. I can only really think of Resogun, Persona 5 and Dark Souls Remastered.

I love 2097 and Wip3out too, it's just that GX is top 20 material with the first GBA one being my most played portable game. When I think about the choice to go with PC VR Wipeout VR is the counter-argument.

Comment

MHW is almost worth it alone for a PS4. You know you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Yeah man, there's easily enough PSVR games to justify the headset, just not enough PS4 games for me to get the console. I can only really think of Resogun, Persona 5 and Dark Souls Remastered.
                    I really don't get why you hold off. There are more than enough good games on the PS4 to make it worth owning and RE 7 and REZ VR are worth the price of the VR alone, never mind fab games like Rush and Blood.

I only wished SEGA Japan grew a brain and ported the likes of Lets Go Jungle 3D and the Ghost Squad to the VR, Its perfect for SEGA Arcade light gun games , now more so than ever with the VR Aim controller

Comment

Yep, every light gun game is a contender for the vr treatment.
                      I think ps4 has enough games to justify a purchase but people have different tastes; totally see how ps4 might not have the number of games of interest to someone to justify a buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        I really don't get why you hold off.
                        I need to buy a house, then a new PC, then an electric car.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I need to buy a house, then a new PC, then an electric car.
                          That's a better reason than there are not enough games worth getting the system for

Comment

Well for me there isn't. If I was in my 20's with no other commitments I'd have bought one day-one, along with every other console, without prejudice.

Comment

Just found out that psvr plays 3d blu ray... In 3d! Well duh. Hadn't occurred to me. Time to watch Dress again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Just found out that psvr plays 3d blu ray... In 3d! Well duh. Hadn't occurred to me. Time to watch Dress again!
                                I had no idea!! Will clearly be watching Pacific Rim this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X