PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    VR isn't worth £100 in my opinion. Donning the headset for the first time, loading up a game and looking around feels incredible, definitely, but, for me, the novelty wore off after a couple of days. And without that... I don't wanna say gimmick because it's not a gimmick, but without that feeling, that sense of wonder, without the appreciation that you're in a VR world then all you're left with is a very low resolution experience. It hasn't exactly led to any innovations in gameplay yet either. I find it too solitary a form of gaming too. And I feel like a nob with the headset on.
    I can't really agree with this.
    The level of immersion I feel with titles like Wipeout, RE or even simpler stuff like Headmaster is unparalleled, and takes me back to the joyous 8-bit days of my childhood.
    The wow factor still hasn't really diminished, nearly a year on.

Yes, it's very solitary (apart from Keep Talking), but if mates are round, I fire up Mario Kart or Rock Band...

Comment

IF that £200 price point includes all the required kit for the proper PSVR experience and is the HDR compatible model I'm in.

Comment

Gotta disagree with Zen Monkey:

Moving in and out of cover without a dedicated button to do so.
        Able to wield two weapons at once and fire at two different targets at the same time. Not saying this wasn't possible before but VR led to it actually happening
        Able to shoot something based on the sound of where it's coming from... and hit it because the 3d sound is so accurate
        Ability to blind fire properly.
        Ability to look around objects without moving your character (left stick) OR rotating your character (right stick)
        Ability to look around you 360 degrees instantly and accurately

The lower resolution is more than made up for by the 3D, overall immersion and 120fps
        Last edited by Brad; 30-05-2018, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          IF that £200 price point includes all the required kit for the proper PSVR experience and is the HDR compatible model I'm in.
          Everything bar Move controllers. What does that mean? Well, full Resi 7 experience, Full wipeout experience, and many more but some games that rely on Move controllers you simply can't play.

Comment

^ That includes Superhot and Catlateral Damage.

Comment

I read somewhere that the HDR compatible PSVR is only available in Japan. Otherwise an HDMI coupler like the one below provides an easy and inexpensive workaround. It ain't a perfect solution, you need to manually switch cables when switching between VR and non VR games but it does prevent wear and tear on those delicate HDMI sockets. Just make sure it's HDMI 2.0 compatible.

Comment

Has anyone tried using a bow in Skyrim with the Move controllers? It's ridiculous; think Legolas in LOTR but about 10 times faster. Like an automatic machine gun that fires arrows lol. Basically as fast as you can pull the trigger in and make the draw bowstring action is the speed at which you can let arrows loose! Sounds game breaking but they remove your targeting reticule when you do this so it's still tough to hit a moving target.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                  I read somewhere that the HDR compatible model is only available in Japan. Otherwise an HDMI coupler like the one below provides an easy and inexpensive workaround. It ain't a perfect fix but does prevent wear and tear on those delicate HDMI sockets. Just make sure it's HDMI 2.0 compatible.

The ones on sale now - and for the last several months - are HDR compatible

Comment

EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone is half price again on the NA store.

Comment

Is it any good? The demo seemed shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        The ones on sale now - and for the last several months - are HDR compatible
                        Ahh, nice.

Comment

Is it any good? The demo seemed shallow.
                          I've been holding off for it to go even cheaper. I didn't know there was a demo.
                          There's a demo for ZoE The second runner MaRS...I'm going to give that a go instead.
                          Last edited by kryss; 30-05-2018, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            I've been holding off for it to go even cheaper. I didn't know there was a demo.
                            There's a demo for ZoE The second runner MaRS...I'm going to give that a go instead.
                            It's crap IMO.

Comment

Has anyone tried using a bow in Skyrim with the Move controllers? It's ridiculous; think Legolas in LOTR but about 10 times faster. Like an automatic machine gun that fires arrows lol. Basically as fast as you can pull the trigger in and make the draw bowstring action is the speed at which you can let arrows loose! Sounds game breaking but they remove your targeting reticule when you do this so it's still tough to hit a moving target.
                              There's also a perk you can pick up to draw arrows faster lol. Not sure how that works, but they left it in for the VR version.

Comment

Wipeout VR starter pack is £199

This is an essential purchase fellow gamers. You will be blown away.

Comment

Working...
                                X