Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Game had a brilliant deal the other day £199 with 2 games
    Had a look but in truth I'll have to come back at the end of the month; there's a good chance any deals will have expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Game had a brilliant deal the other day £199 with 2 games
      Wow, that's really good!

Comment

I've been keeping tabs on CEX's prices for a while as hardware and software for PSVR have been falling fast for a while and I figured the sale would have a hit, still not 100% sure it won't nudge down again yet but it's in the right ballpark. I'm not keen on 2nd hand either but once I trade my next item I'll be knocking £170 in CEX credit so if I get one for a while even with Move's its by far the cash cheapest option.

Is it worth having Move controllers or just get the games instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Had a look but in truth I'll have to come back at the end of the month; there's a good chance any deals will have expired.
          It was with Wipeout and that Eagle VR game.. Think it was for last week only.. Sorry. Hopefully you get lucky at the end of the month mate

Comment

At present. it's the VR worlds pack with Gran Turismo Sport and Resident evil 7 (plus 2 months Now TV).

Comment

It’s the headset plus PS Worlds, with Resi 7 and either Wipeout or GT sport and 3 month Now TV pass. You can pay an extra £50 and get a set of PS move controllers - so total for £249.99.

You can also swap Resi for Eagle Flight or Star Trek Bridge Crew.

Comment

Also, there's plenty of other tutorial vids on this but maximise the number of games available by:

Comment

One more question lads before I head into town to purchase a PSVR. Do many games require two Move controllers?

Comment

I don't use move controllers for any of my games currently. They are definitely the weakest link in the system.

Comment

That was always the more strange consideration for each of the VR options out there. I imagine that, say, reaching to open a drawer in game with the motion adds so much to the immersive feeling but you then can't really grab the drawer handle like you'd instinctively want to do as you're already holding the controller. Instead you'd press the corresponding button which doesn't mirror the real world action so you're making the motion but not the action thereby both receiving an experience that is immersive yet immersion breaking.

If you just focused on games where the Move were something like guns which would avoid that issue then I can imagine it's quite successful (if its responsive enough) but then there may not be enough titles to warrant the expense. If I skipped picking up Move's I'd be tempted to try and use the remaining dosh to nab Farpoint, Wipeout and Rez

Comment

Cheers lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I don't use move controllers for any of my games currently. They are definitely the weakest link in the system.
                          [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], can I ask something - do you play with the lights off?

Because I've played an extensive amount on the PSVR, only the VRWorlds game, but in the target shooting minigame as part of the Heist demo, I found the tracking excellent and couldn't understand why people have so many problems.

For instance, the bit at the end where you have to repeatedly shoot a can into the air so it doesn't touch the ground? I found it more than accurate enough to do that, and that's pretty taxing.

However, I always found it much more accurate with the lights turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            One more question lads before I head into town to purchase a PSVR. Do many games require two Move controllers?
                            2 are a must to play Rush of Blood at its best. That game is amazing with them.

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], can I ask something - do you play with the lights off?

Because I've played an extensive amount on the PSVR, only the VRWorlds game, but in the target shooting minigame as part of the Heist demo, I found the tracking excellent and couldn't understand why people have so many problems.

For instance, the bit at the end where you have to repeatedly shoot a can into the air so it doesn't touch the ground? I found it more than accurate enough to do that, and that's pretty taxing.

Lights off and naked

I think I've tried it lights on and off mate but I'll have another stab. Heist was the worst. By the end of it my gun was at right angles to where I was pointing lol.

I'll try calibrating them and stuff. Iirc they were ok for Skyrim oddly enough.

Comment

shooting isn't an issue, but games like Job simulator that ask you to interact with your environment in more detail are horrible with move, i was really excited to play job simulator on the vr after playing it on a friends vive. I'm so glad their was a demo as it was an exercise in frustration, you shouldn't have to try 3-4 times to pick up one object.

I kind if wished they had taken the WMR approach and brought out a new middle ground controller as not many people have room for a tracking tower set up.

the led lights ring on the wmr are a hell of a lot more accurate at transferring your wrist movement. its not perfect though as it still suffers from controller out of view camera issues like psvr dose.
                                Last edited by Lebowski; 15-06-2018, 15:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X