PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Hmm, all the packs seem to have REVII which I'm not that fussed about.

What's better out of The Persistence or Firewall?
    Persistance - Single player
    Firewall - Online multiplayer (almost exclusively)

RE is def worth a try

They're all great VR experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
      Persistance - Single player
      Firewall - Online multiplayer (almost exclusively)

RE is def worth a try

They're all great VR experiences.
      I think I'll go for The Persistence in that case.

Comment

Can someone clarify something?

Argos have it in for £200 with The Persistence, which is the same offer as GAME (less a NowTV voucher which I wouldn't use anyway).

Buy Product not found at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

I see it comes with VR Worlds, but I know there is a "full game" of VR Worlds and a demo version; which one is this? I assume the full one? As I actually really want that game.

Comment

Full version. That's the one I got.

Comment

Sure it's the full version. It's ace fun too and shows off what can be achieved with VR. Get Rush of Blood and Rez too

Comment

GAME made the decision for me; whenever I tried to add anything to my basket, it said they were out of stock, you can't check stock in stores, and they don't list store phone numbers on their site (only a central number). First time in over 5 years I've tried to give them my money.

So I went with Argos. The offer isn't quite as good (it doesn't come with RE7 - but I genuinely don't want that game) and I can walk into the store and pick it up later today. Going to snap up two Move controllers from the local CEX too as they're £20 each.

Comment

RE 7 is a must it really ace and makes such amazing use of the Tech. It's also so nice, to see an AAA game made with full use of VR and not tagged on latter.. Get Rush of Blood that game is amazing with the Move controllers in VR. If you can afford to also get Rez and Farpoint along with the VR aim gun, it ace fun..

Welcome to VR its the best and most incredible experience this gen mate

Comment

Picked up a PS4 the other day just to play VR really, hugely positive experience so far, although I think I might prefer the standard version of Biohazard. Rez Infinite is amazing, as is Batman VR and VR Worlds. Eagle Flight was nice, thought Red Hot VR was a bit hit and miss - no pun intended. Overall an amazingly fun bit of kit!

Also worth mentioning I had an Oculus before this and found the PS headset far more comfortable and the exclusives far better on PS. Can't really see why people moan about the fuzziness or jaggies.
                  Last edited by Escape-To-88; 01-09-2018, 10:46.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

So just to start, there's a bunch of free stuff on the PS Store. What's good and what's worth checking out?

Comment

I recommend downloading, if you haven’t already. The two Sony PS VR demos.

PS VR Demo.

DRIVECLUB™ VR
                      RIGS™ Mechanized Combat League
                      PlayStation® VR Worlds
                      Tumble VR
                      Until Dawn™: Rush of Blood
                      Here They Lie
                      Battlezone®
                      EVE: Valkyrie
                      Headmaster
                      Wayward Sky
                      Harmonix Music VR
                      Job Simulator
                      Rez Infinite
                      Thumper
                      Allumette

PS VR Demo Collection 2

Battlezone
                      EVE: Valkyrie
                      Moss
                      Star Child
                      The Persistence
                      Thumper
                      Tiny Trax
                      Dino Frontier *
                      Fantastic Contraption *
                      Job Simulator *
                      Raw Data *
                      Rez Infinite
                      *Move Required

Comment

Kitchen Demo

Comment

So after we got home last night, we decided to have a good clearout in the living room and a tidy-up before we unboxed the VR headset, meaning we only got it working quite late last night and we only used it for about ten minutes each before we put it away for today.

So, immediate reaction.

I've used the PSVR before, playing on someone else's, so I had a good idea of what to expect. Immediately, the newer headset feels better than the old one - and as someone who has used all of the headsets from all the manufacturers to some degree, it's the most comfortable (and overall the most "developed") I've used. It's not just that, but also the consistency of the interface; the PC VR stuff always feels a bit buggy, rough around the edges, but everything I've tried on the PSVR so far is pretty slick.

The main thing which impresses me about it is how responsive it is - even the Move wands, which some people have problems with? I've never had an issue with them as long as I'm not in a brightly lit room (and it's not like you need the lights on when wearing a headset anyway).

We immediately downloaded VR Worlds (came with the set), both the demo packs and the Stranger Things experience (as it was free).
                          [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] tried the shark encounter Ocean Descent, which she seemed to love. I then had a go at The London Heist, which I've played before, but it was great having it at home and really being able to take the time to play about with it. I think most of what can be said about these has been said; I mainly love the shooting galleries as I like how responsive and accurate the shooting feels.

I then had a go at RIGS, which was one of the games I was hotly anticipating, being a mecha fan. I'm... Unconvinced. It was good, but after seeing videos, I was surprised it didn't use the Move wands for two-handed aiming (in retrospect I'm not sure how that would've worked) but it certainly looked good, and I loved the feeling of jumping and bounding around the arena. I also tried the REZ demo, which was great, but I know REZ quite well so it wasn't so surprising as just a confirmation of my expectations. I'll probably get it in due course.

I think we're going to try and resist buying anything else until we've fully explored everything we've now got (there are probably a fair few evenings in those demos, and we have The Persistence too). As part of a promotion, I got a £20 PSN voucher from Argos, so I may use that to buy SuperHot (as that's one of the main titles I've been waiting to play). Going to save Wipeout for another month as I'm a huge fan, but that's something I want to dedicate some real time to.

Really happy with the purchase.

Comment

Wipeut... OMG. Best overall VR experience out there. Everything about it is awesome.

Horror movies stopped being scary years ago but, if you can handle it, RE VII is absolutely terrifying. Really shows what can be done in VR that simply cannot outside of VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Wipeut... OMG. Best overall VR experience out there. Everything about it is awesome.
                              I've no doubt. But it's like Skyrim VR in that it's a whole, big game. I want to just try a load of the smaller stuff for now.

Comment

StarBlood Arena is better than RIGS by far.
                                Gunjack is okay for a quick blast but don't pay full price.
                                RE7 we've all raved about.
                                REZ infinite I don't see the fuss about tbh,

Comment

Working...
                                X