No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I had some time to try a bunch of demos and short experiences, and this is only going on the strength of the demos. From best so far to worst:

Best:

Alumette - I found this staggeringly beautiful, charming and even moving. Visually it was gorgeous, so much so you didn't question the 3D feel of it. There was honestly a moment to which [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] will attest that...

... the little girl drops something which is about to fall off the edge of the world, and I honestly thrust a hand out to catch it. I couldn't believe it; I was completely lost in that moment.

It's less a game and more a piece of interactive fiction, and I've only played the demo, but it was an absolute marvel and I'll definitely get the full thing.

EVE: Valkyrie - I played a fair bit of EVE years ago, so seeing that world from the VR perspective was really amazing. Plus it looks like it'll be a good game. Probably going to get this.

Raw Data - Loved this. I know it's basically Dungeon Defenders with murderous robots but I found it really fun. Highlights where waiting until getting to point blank range, then unleashing a hail of gunfire on the enemies. I hope the full game has more weapons, though.

Okay:

The Heist on VR Worlds - This was actually really fun, the only reason I've got it in the "okay" section is that I've been through it about 4 times now and I doubt I'd visit it again unless I was showing the kit to someone else. That probably means it's succeeded at what it was intended to do, but it makes me crave a full "The Getaway VR" (did this start life as that, I wonder?)

Battlezone - Was fun, but I'm not sure if it'd stand up as a full game. I'd pay a fiver for an "arcade mode" version of it, but does it have much going for it? Still, moved at a cracking pace and certainly looked nice.

REZ - Just goes in the medium because with the demo being the very opening of the game, I've played that many times before, and it's probably not the best level to show off REZ. So if I was to judge the demo, it was so-so, but I know that the full game will be very good.

Worst:

The ball game thing on VR Worlds - I mean, it's fine. It works. It was probably just a development demo that they dressed up until a full game. Even so it feels a bit pointless because the game doesn't really benefit from being in VR.

Rush of Blood - Before people eviscerate me, bear in mind I've only played the short demo. The plus points were that the controls were great and it feels very good in terms of the shooting; just the demo itself wasn't terribly exciting. However everyone seems to recommend it so I'll probably get it.

Spiderman Homecoming - I mean, it was fun for the 5 minutes it lasted, but you don't actually get to swing on a web. I mean, that's the one thing I wanted to do. It'd be like making a Superman experience where all you do is shoot things with his eye-lasers.

Comment

Yeah, Allumette is fab

This is what I use to show to noobs, along with Ocean Descent.
      Usually does the trick.

Comment

Also just tried the Playroom VR pack which was free with the camera/headset. Was actually very fun! We only had 1 pad charged, so we tried two of the games which only need 1 pad between two people.

This was actually maybe my favourite thing yet, because it was like Nintendoland taken to a logic extreme, with games that thrive on providing the users multiple perspectives that only really work in an asymmetric way. It was something genuinely different, which is the kind of thing I've been missing a lot in this console gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
          This is what I use to show to noobs, along with Ocean Descent.
          Usually does the trick.
          Yeah, Ocean Descent seems like it'd be pretty good for that.

Comment

KITCHEN

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              KITCHEN
              I looked for it but couldn't find it. Is it part of Job simulator?

Comment

Come face to face with the next evolution of survival horror in this terrifying prelude to Resident Evil 7 biohazard. Experience unprecedented immersion and fear on PlayStation® VR. ----------------------------- In addition, on PS5™ consoles PlayStation Camera adaptor for PS Camera is required no purchase necessary go to Playstation.comcamera-adaptor.

Comment

Just tried out the demo for Starblood Arena. I love the trappings of it, but the demo is literally just the tutorial. Is the whole game just a multiplayer shooter?

EDIT: I see a lot of negative reviews online, which state that it's an awesome game let down by the fact that no-one is playing it.
                  Last edited by Asura; 03-09-2018, 15:30.

Comment

I’m still very much considering a VR, what would you say are the top 5 or 10 games that actually give you your money’s worth?

Wipeout, Doom and Rez all seem like must-buys? Do you find there’s regularly people online to play with in Star Trek or Battlezone?

Comment

It depends what you classify as 'money's worth'. I've heard people complain that a couple of hours to complete Batman VR is too short. Personally I don't want to play VR for six hours until I fall over or vomit. I think shorter experiences lend themselves far better to VR, and I (like many of us) am from a generation where games where shorter than the overblown epics there are now. With that in mind pretty much all of my VR experiences have offered something money-worthy from the brilliance of Rez to the basically do-nothing of diving in VR Worlds.I would give it a whirl to see what suits you and flog it if you don't like it.
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Wipeout
                        Resident evil 7
                        Farpoint (only if you get the aim controller)
                        Skyrim if you've not played it yet
                        Dirt Rally, but only if you actually like the series. Vr won't make you like it.
                        Batman
                        Star wars battlefront VR mission (buy game cheap from cex). Actual game is crap but vr mission great.

Comment

Don't forget some of the digital-only stuff in the store. A lot of it is often on sale, and I've had a great deal of fun with:

I Expect You To Die
                          Headmaster
                          Statik
                          Keep Talking And Nobody Expodes

Comment

I'm surprised there is no love for Moss on here, the game is broken up into single screen levels, where you control a little mouse using standard analog controls, you also have to help by using the motion controls of the pad to help move or interact with items to help her progress. it had me and my wife spellbound the detail and care put into every scene is amazing and being in VR it elevates it to feeling like your actually exploring this mouses little world, leaning in to see inside a little cave or peer round corners bring scale and solidity to the world. If you have VR you need to play this

Comment

People should pick up Firewall Zero Hour... Its one of the most incredible, intense and terrifying VR experiences out there. Full respect to the likes of Navy Seals or the SAS, that do this sort of thing ... It's just so unreality terrifying and intimidating to have the bad guys coming at you in VR

Its a bit buggy, the controls are the best and the Online mode is a little broke at the mo, but the experience more than makes up for it. This game shows off such potential and its a shame that none of the big publishers will spend the money and take the time, to make an AAA FPS in VR.

Comment

Started Resi7 today , is it me or is there a strange transparent mesh thing going on around the peripheral vision ?

Comment

Working...
                                X