No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

120fps. Interpolated much of the time but 120fps all the same. 60 would not be enough for vr. That's why you can get faster lap times in wipeout in vr Vs TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      120fps. Interpolated much of the time but 120fps all the same. 60 would not be enough for vr. That's why you can get faster lap times in wipeout in vr Vs TV.
      Ah OK; I thought it was 120, but 60 per-eye. Cool to know it's a full 120 though! In retrospect that makes sense, it isn't like shutter-3D television, it's one single screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I think whether a person likes VR is tied, in part, to how much of a deal-breaker this is for them.

VR is blurrier than normal TV gaming, even if you use the Vive on a high-spec PC - you always get aberration at the edges of your vision due to how the lenses work. Still, the effect is stronger on PSVR, even on the Pro. Like I always feel the thing which can cause eyestrain (for me at least) is if I look into the far distance; I feel my eyes trying to focus, as that's natural, but obviously it's just blurry so that's impossible.

The of course the headset can move, the lenses can fog up...

Personally I think it's worth it, but part of that is how the games are all 60fps; that makes up for a lot in my eyes.
        Not worth it in my view. It’s all got potential but absolutely not anywhere near the mark yet. Give it 10 years and it will be spot on.

Comment

Great video from SuperBunnyHop about PSVR and his experience of plugging into PC with the various software hacks to make it happen. Really interesting watch. Taken from a thread over at Resetera.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
            Great video from SuperBunnyHop about PSVR and his experience of plugging into PC with the various software hacks to make it happen. Really interesting watch. Taken from a thread over at Resetera.

Wow. All that work to get psvr working and it still didn’t work properly. Should of just bought the vive and saved a year of wasted time.

Comment

That's it, never going to work properly unless you use the camera to track so I haven't bothered. Also psvr has the quality titles Vs quantity.

Comment

That's it, never going to work properly unless you use the camera to track so I haven't bothered. Also psvr has the quality titles Vs quantity.
                I mean he literally wasted a year AND bought a whole new pc faffing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Wow. All that work to get psvr working and it still didn’t work properly. Should of just bought the vive and saved a year of wasted time.
                  He got to play all those PSVR games and then got to experience a load of PC games. Some of them working well. Neat software, even if a lot of faffing around is involved. Interesting to see someone share their experiences in such detail I thought.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  I mean he literally wasted a year AND bought a whole new pc faffing with it.
                  I think he uses the PC for other stuff.

Comment

Also psvr has the quality titles Vs quantity.
                    i have a PSVR and a windows mixed reality, the WMR has never given me motion sickness and i think this is due to it being roomscale, having higher refresh, higher resolution, and higher FPS. There are some very cool games on PC VR games like, Super hot, Job simulator and Arizona sunshine are far superior on pc and there is nothing that looks or feels as polished as Robo Recall on psvr.

Comment

PCVR doesn't have Resident Evil VII or Wipeout so it can never win this war basically :-)

Also Windows Mixed Reality doesn't have a higher framerate, it's actually lower at either 60 or 90fps vs 120fps on PSVR.
                      Resident Evil 7 is a super polished, full VR title. No doubt if and when it comes to PC, if you have the hardware for it then it'll be higher res, but it'll still be lower FPS and have the screen door effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        **** ME WIPEOUT VR IS AMAZING
                        Yeah, Wipeout VR is quite something. My thoughts on VR are well known and don't need repeating but even I thought Wipeout VR an incredible experience. Polybius is even better though.

Comment

PCVR doesn't have Resident Evil VII or Wipeout so it can never win this war basically :-)

Also Windows Mixed Reality doesn't have a higher framerate, it's actually lower at either 60 or 90fps vs 120fps on PSVR.
                          Resident Evil 7 is a super polished, full VR title. No doubt if and when it comes to PC, if you have the hardware for it then it'll be higher res, but it'll still be lower FPS and have the screen door effect.
                          Wipeout is ok in small bursts but made me feel quite sick after about half an hour, and resident evil is cool but they haven't nailed the movement in it so its not a perfect game for vr. Also you must be thinking of the Vive as the higher resolution on WMR means screen door is pretty much non existent everything is nice and sharp thanks to the increased resolution. As for the 120fps this is done via re-projection its not native 120, id rather have a solid 90 than a fake double 60 with ghosting artifacts and such.

Finally your arguing with someone who is quite happy with both systems and has played both extensively games that use the transitional controller are great on psvr, but for games that use motion controls the led light ring on the mixed reality wands translate your moments far more accurately than the PS move, take job simulator or super hot they are far superior experiences on WMR thanks to improved controls and room scale movement.

Comment

Certainly won't argue with you re: Move controllers which are barely functional for VR (although I have had a bit more success recently).
                            Where Move fails though, Aim Controller is an absolute joy for shooters! I don't think PC has an equivalent?

Yes, was thinking oculus and Vive re: Screen door.

I really would love a whole room for VR!

Re: Wipeout, initially it made me very VERY sick for > 5 hours after I put it down. Now though I can do 3 hours on it with all assists off and be absolutely fine. On paper you'd expect Wipeout to be not even worth attempting in VR but it's actually awesome.

Comment

Resi doesn't support motion controls, Its a waste.
                              PSVR is 60hz it just does some fancy doubling. TBH as long as you have a solid framerate and don't dip below 50fps its all good.

Comment

PCVR has that Wipeout rip-off that looks more authentic than the real thing (BallisticNG).

Isn't Resi 7 coming soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X