PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Well my punishment for been so late into this thing, found job simulator & it looks like a blast. Then went looking for a disk verion. Oh... scalped to hell 3 figure price tags all over the place. Wonder how many other games have been hijacked like that, looks like i'll have to go digital booo.
    That is probably the hardest to find on physical.
    If its any consolation, PSVR titles seem to be the only ones I really doubt mind buying digital.
    They are often considerably cheaper, many titles are digital only, and taking the headset off to switch titles seems a bit of a chore.

Comment

Think i'm gonna have to reprogram my brain to accept digital more as i'm finding that some of these games have never had physical versions so if i'm as stubborn against them then i'm gonna end up missing out on a lot. Seeing as this rig is not cheap to get started in VR i need to get the most out of it. With digital though i'm unsure what size HD i need will a 500gig model suffice to start with? No idea how big these games are, will be a pain having to download & wait but i guess that's the way i'm going to have to adapt. With any games i will see if theres a physical version first but if it's not available or it's been scalped to hell then i shall be going digital.

The more i delve into youtube watching psvr gaming vids the more i realise just what i have been missing out on, they don't need to be 60 hour fully fleshed out games to entice me i'm kind of ok with them been shorter indi experiences. The appeal for me is just been isolated inside a totally fantasy enviroment. I seem to see people on the web rag on the graphics saying the tech isn't ready for vr, yet to me the graphics look awesome. I remember playing the virtuality arcade machines that had terrible starfox levels of jank polygons & running at 20 frames a second. The point we are now at is the first time VR hasn't looked like total crap. The thing that put me off is it's quite an outlay to get a ps4 & the headset especially as i'm not really into ps4 stuff to start with but the price of it has come down quite a bit since it launched now i can catch up on all the vr stuff i never knew existed.

just seen the trailer for vacation simulator, i love the cozyness of that tropical island. It looks super inviting, pleased to see that there is a nice stream of games still been made for vr.
      Last edited by importaku; 04-11-2018, 20:26.

Comment

If you don’t love Astrobot I’ll eat my hat, @importaku.

Oh, and I’m surprised Moss hasn’t made your list?

Comment

I have only started looking at games today, which is why i asked for recommendations on where to start looking. I'll look up moss to see exactly what it is.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] I strongly recommend getting the VRWorlds game - it’s a collection of smaller experiences that are a great way to get a feel for the tech.

Comment

I've been on the fence for a long time. Mainly due to price, but it's creeping down isn't it?

So, PSVR... a must buy?

Talk to me

Comment

Black friday will probably see the V2 headset slashed back down to the £200 mark with a load of games camera ect, i got one form Game at this price recently and it really is worth it at that price.

I gave Astro bot a really good go on Saturday and didn't ever realize three hours had passed i was that engrossed. its a joy to play and is a surprisingly good platformer full of depth and charm. the variety in its game-play, and design of levels on offer is brilliant too an absolute bargain of a game and well worth the small entry fee.

I also Put a bit of time into Final fantasy monsters of the deep which is an arcade fishing game set in the final fantasy universe, you play the roll of a hunter sent to track down and capture demon fish, you do this by visiting different areas catching a set amount of standard fish to lure out the demon. At this point it goes a bit 90s lightgun arcade, you pull out a crossbow and shoot this giant boss monsters to weaken it enough before you can reel it in.

its pretty bonkers but the fishing areas look amazing and its full of final fantasy fan service (Chocobos everywhere). It helps also that its a pretty decent fishing game in its own right.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 05-11-2018, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  I was never a huge wipeout fan. Played more hd than any of the earlier ones. In vr though omg. It’s ridiculously good.
                  I actually sat and played it on VR on Saturday and loved it, and I couldn't stand previous games.

Comment

The forums influence must be waning, all this PSVR positivity and no one has broke and bought one on a whim as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      The forums influence must be waning, all this PSVR positivity and no one has broke and bought one on a whim as per usual.
                      I already did that weeks ago

Comment

I’ve finally ordered Moss. Two modern games bought in one month? Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I broke and bought one. Just can't use it till Christmas now!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Well mum dropped the bombshell on me that she is giving me cash for xmas, £400 to be precise so it looks like i'm coming to club VR. Been trying to see what's out there but it's not easy as im waaaay out the loop of whats been released. Also more annoyingly some are digital only and some only got physical releases in certain regions. So far from watching youtube videos i have a small list of purchases lined up.

Tetris effect
                            Rez
                            Astrobot
                            Rick & morty virtual rick-ality
                            subnautica
                            robinsons the journey
                            torn
                            here they lie
                            don't knock twice
                            The american dream
                            Skyrim VR

So what else have i missed?, prefer to keep it physical edition if possible. Not a fan of sports or army man war fps games, puzzle & adventure games are more my thing but the appeal of vr may make me try games that i normally wouldn't touch. I left resi 7 off the list as i don't want a heart attack lol. Would like to get as many titles as i can to get a decent vr library going, at some point i'll dip into normal ps4 games but that's not my main focus of getting this setup.
                            I’ll always recommend Superhot VR, just make sure you have a bit of space for it but that’s one that benefits from the immersion, also does require both move controllers but works really well with them.

I enjoyed experiencing Bound in VR, Moss is a lovely little platformer there’s SO much more I haven’t played which is kinda intentional because I didn’t want to binge completely on PSVR so much that I was left with nothing so soon after buying.

Oh if you’ve popped Rick & Morty on there you really need to grab Accounting+, just go in knowing Justin Roland is involved and it’s crazy. It’s also from the guy who did The Stanley Parable, which I SO wish would hit PSVR but totally worth visiting on PC for a crazy experience.

Last edited by Family Fry; 06-11-2018, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              I’ll always recommend Superhot VR, just make sure you have a bit of space for it but that’s one that benefits from the immersion, also does require both move controllers but works really well with them.

I enjoyed experiencing Bound in VR, Moss is a lovely little platformer there’s SO much more I haven’t played which is kinda intentional because I didn’t want to binge completely on PSVR so much that I was left with nothing so soon after buying.

Oh if you’ve popped Rick & Morty on there you really need to grab Accounting+, just go in knowing Justin Roland is involved and it’s crazy. It’s also from the guy who did The Stanley Parable, which I SO wish would hit PSVR but totally worth visiting on PC for a crazy experience.

Nice recommendation just looked up accounting + & it's very much the type of game i'd enjoy. One problem i may run into is my room is very small & with the stuff i have in here it's going to be a challenge to get the camera set up properly but i think i can sort it to get it to work ok. Hoping to do sit down gaming more than walking around my room.

I have been pleasantly suprised by how many titles are available for psvr almost too many to choose from. Just seen i expect you to die & statik, i like these types of games where you are in a location & have to use your surroundings they are like expansions of stuff like suzuki bakuhatsu's bomb defusing game & the room on ios. This is going to be an expensive xmas with the amount of games bought.

Comment

One thing i have been meaning to ask, whats the best headphones for using with psvr?, my budget is about £100 seems stupid not to do this properly so i want some decent sound to go with it.
                                Last edited by importaku; 06-11-2018, 15:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X