No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a very bad habit of selling something if it hasn't been used for a week. All I'll say is it's great to have VR again (got the GAME bundle with headset/camera + Astro Bot + Resi VII + Move controllers for £229). Just bought and played Tetris Effect. It starts rather sedately but by the time my game finished I was in another realm entirely, feeling euphoric Mizuguchi knows exactly the buttons to press. Wow.

The PS Gold headphones fit perfectly over the headset too

Comment

PSN is having a black Friday sale. Got a few VR games reduced. Worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Do the best games require the move controllers?
        I would say yes - however, I would also say that there are enough very good games which don't use the Move controllers that you shouldn't put off getting the headset due to them; you can always move onto them later. Plenty of games don't use them.

Comment

Sony kindly put two copies of the download code for PS VR worlds into my VR starter kit- that’s another £10 off the price from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            PSN is having a black Friday sale. Got a few VR games reduced. Worth a look.
            Thanks! Was able to grab Apollo 11, Batman, Battlezone and Raw Data all on the cheap. Those latter two are among the better demos I've played.

Comment

Batman worth £7.99? Heard it’s Uber short and more of a tech demo.
              Farpoint worth playing without the aim controller?
              Statik worth getting for £6ish?

I want Tetris and Rez, but not for £35 and £25. I’ll wait.

Thanks to PS Plus I already have Rush of Blood, RIGS, and Starblood Arena - a pleasant surprise! Going through my existing games, I have Wipeout, Resi 7 and ZOE2 - any other biggies I’m missing?

I’ve not opened it yet, think I might put it aside for Christmas, just getting stuff bought and downloaded in advance!

Comment

Oh shiz, I forgot about ZOE2 being VR!! Want!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  Do the best games require the move controllers?
                  Not necessarily. I think it depends what kind of games you like. My favourites are Rez and Tetris Effect ... and Astro Bot is a Dual Shock 4 controlled game and that's considered by many to be the best game on the system (not played it myself yet).

Saying that, playing Superhot with the Move controllers is a really special experience, it must be said.
                  Last edited by Atticus; 16-11-2018, 20:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Oh shiz, I forgot about ZOE2 being VR!! Want!
                    That's currently <£10 at SimplyGames - I ordered a copy earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      Thanks to PS Plus I already have Rush of Blood, RIGS, and Starblood Arena - a pleasant surprise! Going through my existing games, I have Wipeout, Resi 7 and ZOE2 - any other biggies I’m missing?
                      Obviously you already have them so it's skin off your nose, but for others, these two titles are ones to be wary of. Both of them are primarily multiplayer games, but RIGS is pretty old new and Starblood apparently never took off.

I played the demo of Starblood and afterwards, was totally ready to buy it full-whack, I enjoyed it that much. Just before going for it I decided to look up some reviews, and everyone said the same thing - it was great fun, but mainly multiplayer-oriented and sadly never had the critical mass of players needed to sustain it. I think IGN even said they kept booting up their pre-release copy after launch, excited to play it, but would struggle to even find a game full of players!

It's a real shame it wasn't a good single-player title, as I loved the feel of it.

Comment

After that mini spree earlier, I decided to check out Batman Arkham VR.

Wow. I know it gets some flak because it's apparently quite short - I suspect I've probably seen about three-quarters of it already - but I got it for not much more than the price of a cinema ticket and if it keeps me entertained for another hour with that level of quality, I'll be happy with the purchase.

I get the other perspective though, that it's so good that you honestly want a game the size and scope of a full Arkham game. Makes me think about getting Skyrim VR.

EDIT: Also, I need to stop playing VR games late at night. I end up really wired.
                        Last edited by Asura; 16-11-2018, 23:18.

Comment

Went for Batman too since it’s cheap, I’ll have a look at what the fuss is all about later.

Comment

Oh it’s a really awesome experience. I loved it.

Comment

Damn it, that's another game to add to the list now!

Comment

I’d like to try that apollo landing game, on offer at the mo too.

Comment

Working...
                                X