PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've probably not played enough stuff to comment, but -

1: Astrobot, by an absolute country mile. Like [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION] it's my game of the year, utterly fantastic.
    2: Farpoint with aim controller. Really is an experience, was the first PSVR game I played and totally sold the whole thing to me.
    3: Wipeout. And to be clear, up until experiencing this I'd never, ever liked the wipeout games. That's how much of a game changer the switch to PSVR is.

Comment

1. RE7
      2. Wipeout
      3. Rush of Blood (with Move wands)

Comment

"Move Wands". Just magical lol

Comment

My top 3 would be

1). REZ
          2). ASTROBOT
          3). RUSH OF BLOOD

Comment

Well that's physical copy of rez bought, was £38 for a sealed copy. Refused to buy it direct from iam8bit as their postage was obscene & if you didn't pay for the most expensive postage then if it went missing they basically say that they would do nothing. Screw that they lost my buisness.

Comment

Jeez, this weekend is clearly the time to jump in!

Comment

I played some Batman Arkham VR tonight. First time I've played a VR game stood up Great fun so far. And probably a great introduction to VR gaming. My favourite parts are up on the skyscrapers. The sense of being right there in Gotham City is amazing. Nice experience with many clever little touches and nice change of pace too.

On a side note: I used my Move controllers for the first time to play this. Move controllers no longer come with micro usb cables so you have to use your own to pair/charge. Now I'd already charged them but to pair with the PS4 I was having trouble. The answer is some micro usb's only carry power, whereas others carry power and info. Just in case anyone else has the same issue.

I've noticed Wipeout is only £12 in CEX so I might pick a copy up this week
                Last edited by Atticus; 22-11-2018, 09:28.

Comment

I just got back from my first proper go on Raw Data and I've got to say, I had a lot of fun.

I still think it's rough around the edges, which is a shame - but in spite of that, it's a fantastic experience.

The game's essentially just Dungeon Defenders or something of that nature, but that takes on a different dimension when you play it in VR. The thing is, I've played plenty of base-defence games that were exciting, but this one I would describe with a different word - frantic. You really feel like an action hero. When a bunch of enemies fill the sky, and you start blind-firing with a pistol in their general direction, then fumble the reload because you're trying to look four different ways to keep track of where all the enemies are in the room... It's just fantastic.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I played some Batman Arkham VR tonight. First time I've played a VR game stood up Great fun so far. And probably a great introduction to VR gaming. My favourite parts and up on the skyscrapers. The sense of being right there in Gotham City is amazing. Nice experience with many clever little touches and nice change of pace too.
                  Yeah; this. One of VR's unsung qualities is how you get a great 3D effect, without the cross-talk inherent in most other forms of 3D. It makes things like just standing on top of a tall building feel awesome.

Comment

I set up my PSVR today and played a few games that were quite impressive. Then I played Astro Bot.... It really is a groundbreaking VR experience that is full of brilliant, joyous design. Sony have struck gold with this masterpiece. I think it's a killer app that will really help sell PSVR.

The people behind such a magical game deserve a round of applause. Astro Bot

Comment

Anyone living a happy Move controller-less, PSVR life? The deals for the starter pack and Astro Bot is ridiculous at the minute, but doesn't come with Moves.

Comment

My three would be (not in order):
                        Astro Bot
                        Rez Infinite
                        Super hot

This does not include Tetris effect even though it is clearly going to be one of my favourite games ever once it has sunk in. I think PSVR is absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          I set up my PSVR today and played a few games that were quite impressive. Then I played Astro Bot.... It really is a groundbreaking VR experience that is full of brilliant, joyous design. Sony have struck gold with this masterpiece. I think it's a killer app that will really help sell PSVR.

The people behind such a magical game deserve a round of applause. Astro Bot
                          Told you lol. Astro Bot is GOTY and just a utterly magicaly and increabile experience that can't help but make you smile and happy

Comment

Yep Astrobot is my Game of the year too

Comment

Working...
                            X