No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funnily enough I used the 15% discount on eBay to buy a physical copy of Tetris myself.

Comment

I actually prefer digital for my PSVR games. I think I'll wait for some Christmas/New Year PS Store SALE action.

Comment

I just can't bring myself to pay £35 for a download mate, my brain isn't wired to accept it.

Comment

A fishermans tale looks amazing, love the stuff like this.

Can't wait for this to be released.

Comment

I finally got round to putting Astro Bot on last night. I watched the opening sequence, which was amazing, then was presented with the level map/selector. I was just about to press x one of the boys came in and tapped me on the shoulder. He asked what I was playing and I sat him next to me and popped the headset and phones on him. He looked around, selected world 1, then straight away his mouth opened wide, gazing in all directions saying 'dad, this is amazing' ... 'wow, this is amazing' constantly. He finished world 1 and it blew his mind.

Then when the kids were in bed I dived back in myself to see what all the fuss is about. It's one of those moments that reminds you of all the things you love about playing games. It fills you with wonder and joy. PSVR has really hit its stride now. And the cost of entry, for the experiences on offer, is amazing value.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Anyone tried Rec Room?
              Hey I played this last night and had lots of fun on the paintballing. It also helped me get some VR legs practice in. Even though the graphics are fairly basic, the things you can do in this world is again, probably down to this being my first week in VR, is smile inducucing and slightly amazing. The watch you wear bring up your options and the amount of emotion your very low polygon count avatar is able to show. Is the camera tracking my mouth?

I played Battle Royale too. Jumping from the cable car and grabbing my handglider to steer it was awesome. Lots of "woah" moments for a game that if it wasn't in VR would probably mjust be a "meh" game.

We should get on together at some point.

Just watch out for annoying American teens in the lobby :P
              Last edited by hudson; 01-12-2018, 09:23.

Comment

Astrobot is astonishing. It is unlikely that any game will have the effect of Rez on me, but Astrobot is so much *fun*. The ideas through the game are exceptional.

Comment

The downside to VR is that you can never quite explain to someone just what it's like to be inside a videogame no matter how well you describe it or show it in videos as the social screen isn't a good representation as with the added stereoscopic 3D it makes it even more amazing. That's the biggest hurdle to it been adopted by more people but it does make me laugh when naysayers proclaim online that the current tech level can't do proper VR.

See that, that's the level of VR that was available in the 90's. That video isn't choppy because of the quality that's how it looked inside the arcade machines. Janky ass polygons running at a shockingly low framerate. Buggy ball was my first ever experience of VR, Alton towers had a arcade set up where they had 4 huge pods you sat down in like karts and you had to wear the heavy & uncomfortable headset with an extremely small fov display, sure it was cool at the time but a total world away from the current state of modern VR. People proclaiming that VR isn't good today should go try a virtuality machine & then try saying that lol. This current gen of VR is more than upto it, yes the resolution could do with been higher and roomscale technology been more refined but this is the first time where the tech level has been good enough to get it to actually work decently.

Everytime i check youtube i see yet more games coming out for psvr, it's nice it's getting decent support. Now if only capcom would release a psvr patch at some point for the resi 2 remake, that thing in VR would be intense.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    People proclaiming that VR isn't good today should go try a virtuality machine & then try saying that lol. This current gen of VR is more than upto it, yes the resolution could do with been higher and roomscale technology been more refined but this is the first time where the tech level has been good enough to get it to actually work decently.
                    Yeah, I tried three of the Virtuality setups back in the 90s in Chicago.

One of them was the one off Bad Influence, where it was like a deathmatch game, one was a fighter-plane-type thing, and one was an on-rails shooter, a bit like Virtua Cop - this latter one actually features in the movie Hackers; it was the one where you stood inside a "Halo" which did some movement tracking.

They were novel, but just so janky. They really did hamper my initial excitement about VR because they were such poor experiences.

PSVR has really transformed my expectations though. I would love for this to become the sort of thing I dedicate a whole room to in the future.

Comment

Ah man, the recent price drop has helped me tonnes. I was a little bit apprehensive before getting it. Worried that it would end up on eBay a week later, but after trying it this week, I've gone from "it'll be a phase" to "oh my god, this is actually making me question the future of video gaming on a TV. I came away mind blown.
                      [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] you are so right about trying to explain the experience to someone. It's impossible. I want people on this forum to borrow mine and experience it for a weekend*, I'm that passionate about this tech. And that's with all its technical shortcomings. The best thing is, I get so imersed and woah/smile/heart pumping that I don't even care.

I really hope Sony (and MS and Ninty and PC Engine) keep building on this for PS5.

*Like Orville would say "but I can't"
                      Last edited by hudson; 01-12-2018, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I actually prefer digital for my PSVR games. I think I'll wait for some Christmas/New Year PS Store SALE action.
                        Yes its so much easier to change games, when you have the headset on.

Comment

^^^ yes, exactly that ^^^

Put my driving gloves on for a sesh this afty and results were mixed ...

GT Sport - this feels wonderful in VR ... really involving and realistic ... but it's so limited with the racing content. I might have a look at the time trials next ... see if that adds a little competition/spice. Very well implemented VR but hobbled content-wise. Does enough right to be a keeper though.

Wipe-Out - this was my second time playing and I was fine for a couple of races until a particular corner/incident turned my stomach and made my head a bit dizzy for a moment. This game might be the VR leveller for me. It just creeps past what I'm comfortable with. This is on default setting (which I assume has all the stabilisers fitted). Might not be a keeper this one. No other game has had this effect.

Comment

The thing with VR is that you get better at dealing with it. Wipeout is fairly hardcore but it is still well designed. Give it a few months and I guess you will be fine in there.
                            Absolutely agree about wanting others to try it. As much as I loved Rez Infinite, it does make me a little sad to know that so many people won't get that experience.

Comment

Rez Infinite is still my number 1 game on the system ... with Area X being possibly the best gaming experience I've ever had. It's perfection.

Comment

Yus. Just picked up Firewall Zero Hour with Aim Controller for 45 quid in Smyth's. Can't wait to try it tonight when the kiddies are in bed!

Comment

Working...
                                X