PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this Area X thing about in Rez?

Spoil it for me if necessary, if you feel you have to say "you just have to play it".

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Spoil it for me if necessary, if you feel you have to say "you just have to play it".
      It's an entirely new area that unlocks after an hour of play. The original game in VR is brilliant but Area X takes it to another level. Like the matrix you can't really be told what it is

Comment

I’ve never really ‘got’ Rez. It looks lovely, but maybe I’ve never really understood how to play it properly as I usually just get bored and switch it off. I’ve tried watching videos of it but they don’t seem to be doing anything different to what I do. It’s a puzzler.

Comment

Same here. I love it's art style and music, but the gameplay is similar to plugging your controller into Windows and dragging your mouse pointer over files in sync to what's being played on the radio.

I did finish it on DC back in the day. I didnt feel like replaying. I did listen to the music again though.

Comment

Like anything, it's not for everyone. I can never understand what people see in Smash Bros.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Like anything, it's not for everyone. I can never understand what people see in Smash Bros.
              With you there, I can fathom it at all couldnt be bothered to unseal my wii u copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                It's an entirely new area that unlocks after an hour of play. The original game in VR is brilliant but Area X takes it to another level. Like the matrix you can't really be told what it is
                It's a drug and one that's better than alcohol... Which I didn't think possible.

Comment

I think Child of Eden needs a psvr remake

Comment

Do you reckon the depth and weight of headsets will reduce over time or is the depth of the eye goggles a requirement for some reason (you never know)?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

While the original Rez levels are on rails. Area x you can control where you fly to an extent, the graphical effects remind me a lot of Tetris effect they are totally awesome. I have a feeling vr will not become a novelty for me.

The more I discover games for it the more regular games start to look less exciting. While the graphics are getting more high def it’s pretty much the same games just nicer graphics very little can be classed as a unique experience. Been gaming since I was 6 I’m now 42 and have played an completed an obscene amount of games because my interests are not exactly mainstream I have played a lot of quirky games but nowadays not a lot comes out to wow me. while I do enjoy the output from Nintendo and the quirky 3rd party stuff I haven’t been this excited over gaming in a while, vr has reinvigorated my gaming urge. Playing experiences that are new in the realm of vr is totally unlike anything I have played up to now and now I’m getting my brain legs I’m craving more. While psvr is fantastic I will be getting a pc one at some point with a total beast of a pc to power it, sadly not all games/experiences come to PS4 & vice versa so it will be worthwhile getting a pc one.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Do you reckon the depth and weight of headsets will reduce over time or is the depth of the eye goggles a requirement for some reason (you never know)?
                        Not a restriction. My eyes cannot focus (unaided) at a distance of less than about a metre, yet I wear a PSVR without glasses and can focus on the images presented to me. Magic!

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                          I think Child of Eden needs a psvr remake
                          Absolutely. I think Child of Eden would be a natural fit for VR. Although it might be viewed as a bit too similar to Rez.

Comment

Finally i now have a decent stand for my camera, i can now perfectly adjust the play area as in my current setup the camera was too far away from where im sitting now i can adjust the distance & height. Still waiting for a swivel ball head to add on as well so i can rotate & angle but in it's current form it's perfectly useable and it doesn't look ghetto anymore.

Mental note, need to ditch all the boxes lol.

Comment

I got wipeout in prep for VR, and I've been playing it (without VR) to get myself back in the groove. Two things I've come to realise...
                              1. How much I enjoy wipeout.
                              2. How infuriatingly impossible it is. You need ultra feather touch to guide the craft round the track. Its like trying to thread a needle on a roller-coaster... While people throw grenades at you.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Finally i now have a decent stand for my camera, i can now perfectly adjust the play area as in my current setup the camera was too far away from where im sitting now i can adjust the distance & height. Still waiting for a swivel ball head to add on as well so i can rotate & angle but in it's current form it's perfectly useable and it doesn't look ghetto anymore.

Mental note, need to ditch all the boxes lol.
                                Might have know you would have a gambler!

Comment

Working...
                                X