PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen demo was amazing.

I went into vr thinking that unless I could have full games I wasn't really interested but I actually love all these little experiences.

Comment

Nice wipeout VR review

It seems a little tame, but anyone whos played something like redout in VR at fullspeed knows what a vomit fest that can be.
      Last edited by huxley; 31-03-2018, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
        People have said the game crashes if you have a non-4k TV and your PS4 (pro?) is set to «supersampling», could that be it?
        Dude, thanks so much. It was that. I deleted and redownloaded the game six times yesterday because of that.

It’s easily the best PSVR game. I’m not sure what the Small and Large settings are for though. I can’t work out what they change.
        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-03-2018, 14:02.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Very envious of you guys playing Wipeout with this.

Comment

Been playing that this morning, and think this alone is worth the entrance fee. Also I think the lower res doesn’t affect this game at all as it’s all about the gameplay.
            I do find if I lean into the bends I feel less nauseous too, motorbike style. Once the wife goes out I’m going to put my one piece leathers on for the full race experience.

Comment

Leaning into corners is where it’s at. I use the dangerous camera locked to pilot mode, which is aces once you get used to it. I find that you have to sit with a good posture too, otherwise you can’t see all of tthe cockpit and your virtual self.

Great game though. Truly excellent to play. It surpasses Biohazard 7 for me.
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-03-2018, 13:32.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Very envious of you guys playing Wipeout with this.
                They say modern gaming is rubbish. Uh uh. This is the future. Mind blowingly good.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

OK, I'm £29.99 worse off but Wipeout is downloading... Getting a bucket ready just in case as I don't really even have my VR legs yet

Comment

I've been using my regular surround sound system so far. Any value in using the official Sony 2.0 surround phones? I already have a pair but not tried them in VR yet. Been pleased with the 3D audio through the hifi so far.

To think I almost splashed a wad of cash on an XBox One to have slightly better graphics instead of getting VR. I don't even want to play games on a TV anymore; that's retro gaming to me now.
                    Last edited by Brad; 31-03-2018, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      OK, I'm £29.99 worse off but Wipeout is downloading... Getting a bucket ready just in case as I don't really even have my VR legs yet
                      Dude. It's £14 at Tesco:

Comment

I've been using my regular surround sound system so far. Any value in using the official Sony 2.0 surround phones? I already have a pair but not tried them in VR yet. Been pleased with the 3D audio through the hifi so far.

To think I almost splashed a wad of cash on an XBox One to have slightly better graphics instead of getting VR. I don't even want to play games on a TV anymore; that's retro gaming to me now.
                        It's worth trying a pair of headphones.
                        It's more immersive, and the directionality(?) is good.
                        I don't use them all the time though.

Comment

Picked mine up today, got allllll day tomorrow set aside for "testing"

Comment

How are you getting 3D audio from your hifi? You only get it from the headphone jack on the headset. Giant cable?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              How are you getting 3D audio from your hifi? You only get it from the headphone jack on the headset. Giant cable?
                              I meant surround sound. Is that different from 3d audio then?

Just played about an hour of WIPEOUT and I'm actually ready to hurl. That was a bad idea. Should have eased myself in.

Comment

You're missing out on a lot of the experience if you are using external surround sound speakers. Plug the best set of head/ear phones you have into the dedicated Jack and you'll get far more accurate positional audio.
                                In the kitchen demo for example you can hear exactly where certain things are happening around you ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X