Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Brilliant Segue from Jeff on Giant bomb. They were talking about Mickey Rourke and how he was the villain in the "bad" Iron Man movie (Iron Man 2)... So, talking of bad iron man (as they move to discuss Anthem) lol
    Surely the bad iron man is actually the Iron Man game?

Comment

Not even aware there was one

Comment

Look at you all forgetting about Dark Void, smh

Comment

I'm 96 hours deep into this and still want to go back for more. It is getting loot fixes today/tomorrow hopefully will move things into a more positive direction.

I'm pretty happy with my Stormbreaker build now, will look at gearing up 1 of the other 3 javelins next.

Loading is still horrible though.

Comment

Getting stuck in a loading loop is horrible, i loaded into a mission last night to be greeted with the dreaded join your team mates 20 second count down, i didn't get there in time so got hit with a second loading screen, when it loaded there fighting an ash titan and its spawnd me right next to him i get blown up before id even got my bearings, i sat there for a bit not getting revived and had to hit square to respawn which gives you yet another loading screen, 4 minutes of loading to 22 seconds of playing

Comment

so the hard crash bug that can brick your ps4 has seen Sony starting to dish out refunds, in typical Sony fashion its a luck of the draw system and it depends on who you talk too whether you get a refund. my top tip for talking to call center staff is don't be a dick and there more likely to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                so the hard crash bug that can brick your ps4 has seen Sony starting to dish out refunds...
                I saw that on ResetEra, and my reaction was 'bet this is NA, not EU'. I remember during the disastrous launches of No Man's Sky and Driveclub some US customers successfully getting refunds. Fair play if EU customers are getting them as well and I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                  I saw that on ResetEra, and my reaction was 'bet this is NA, not EU'. I remember during the disastrous launches of No Man's Sky and Driveclub some US customers successfully getting refunds. Fair play if EU customers are getting them as well and I'm wrong.
                  I got a refund for no mans sky, I bought it digitally on the us store as it was cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    so the hard crash bug that can brick your ps4 has seen Sony starting to dish out refunds, in typical Sony fashion its a luck of the draw system and it depends on who you talk too whether you get a refund. my top tip for talking to call center staff is don't be a dick and there more likely to help you.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...rashing_issues
                    This game can crash so hard it bricks your PS4?? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      It completely locks up your ps4 requiring you to turn it off at the wall or pull the power-lead. its one of the most unstable retail games I've ever played on top of the ps4 locking crash bug. it blue screens pretty regularly which just requires you to restart the game, it has a number of game breaking bugs too like locking you outside of boss rooms, a loading bar that fails to get past 95% and random boots from missions at any point including the rewards screen.

someone on reddit recently described it like eating a really nice meal at a restaurant except every so often the waiters come and smack the cutlery out of your hand or force you to move tables and restart your meal"

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Reddit - PSA to Playstation Anthem Players

My playstation has been completely bricked to the point of not even turning on because of Anthem. I'm not looking for any sympathy or anything. This post is mainly being made to warn people that this could potentially damage your console to the dreaded point of no return. I've been talking on the phone with Playstation support for a little over 2 hours now,but unfortunately theres nothing they can do (or nothing they're willing to do).
                        https://www.resetera.com/threads/son...#post-18507671

I have been enjoying my time with Anthem so wouldn't go as far as to ask for a refund however I have had a few scary crashes where I thought it had killed my PS4 Pro and it became completely unresponsive. The first time I thought it had shut my PS4 off but it would not restart with the controller or the buttons on the PS4. I left it "off" for 15 mins and then tried again but still nothing, in the end I had to kill the power at the plug and then turned it back on 5 mins later and it restarted but had to go through the whole process for inappropriate shutdown and rebuild the drive which was annoying as have a nearly full 2TB drive that took a good while to complete.

That has happened to me afew times now, probably 5 and I have no idea how to safely restart my PS4 from it or shut it down so worried one of these times it might actually brick it.

Had countless normal crashes where I can send the report to Sony with attached clip which I always do but these hard shutdown/lock up crashes are worrying.
                        Obviously there may be noise in some of this, but I've little reason to doubt that Anthem is doing this to consoles (or PCs) which to me just reinforces the general view that we as consumers don't get enough protection. All platform holders should have a process to claim a refund irrespective of hrs played if the consumer is that unhappy. Unfortunately all anyone can do now is make as much noise as possible.
                        Last edited by Digfox; 04-03-2019, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                          Reddit - PSA to Playstation Anthem Players

https://www.resetera.com/threads/son...#post-18507671

Obviously there may be noise in some of this, but I've little reason to doubt that Anthem is doing this to consoles (or PCs) which to me just reinforces the general view that we as consumers don't get enough protection. All platform holders should have a process to claim a refund irrespective of hrs played if the consumer is that unhappy. Unfortunately all anyone can do now is make as much noise as possible.
                          Errr no. If there’s a genuine fault and the product is not fit for purpose then yes. Otherwise it would lead to anything and everything being used as a rental service for people to just get their money back on anything they want.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Errr no. If there’s a genuine fault and the product is not fit for purpose then yes. Otherwise it would lead to anything and everything being used as a rental service for people to just get their money back on anything they want.
                            steams policy of 14 days and no more than 2 hours play is pretty fair, they have refunded outside of this too in circumstances where the game isn't fit for purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              But who's to say there's a genuine fault here? Do you think Sony or EA will take responsibility here? Of course not. The fact is that situations like WB taking Batman Arkham Knight off sale are the exception and only because the refund policy cost them money. Whilst the current 14-days or 2 hrs played are a great starting point, or helpful for a lot of situations there needs to be a better middle ground than there is now. Of course Sony refuse to offer refunds at all which is a disgrace.

Why should we have stronger consumers rules when it comes to physical goods versus electronic media, or other types of services. People can abuse systems but that's a pathetic excuse to not off better consumer protection. Systems to counter abuse can be designed and built easily by platform holders/storefronts.

Ideally this situations should never occur but having a fail safe where consumers can get their money back when other support has failed is a good thing.

Just to be clear of course you need to monitor returns, in the same way Amazon might, but there has to be better refund policy for situations where the 2 hrs has obviously been used up (Steam and Microsoft's policy). Also unhappy customers in extreme situations like this isn't good for anyone.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 04-03-2019, 16:21.

Comment

Bioware off to the woodchipper then...

I look forward to the anthem edition (there is a fan-made tribute to anthem using the music though, and i'm pretty sure it's not ironic either.)

Comment

Working...
                                X