No announcement yet.

Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA will be sharpening the scythe. Bioware still have the saving throw of Dragon Age but after this EA could just pull the plug.

Comment

Sony made a console that can be hard bricked by a game?

Comment

Most modern consoles can be bricked, usually from software/firmware updates.

Comment

I don't think it's fair shame Sony in any this. Its not their consoles fault. Countless games run on the ps4 without the threat of bricking it. They are also refunding a game they neither designed nor published.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            Look at you all forgetting about Dark Void, smh
            Not me!
            This is exactly what I think of every time I see this game!

(Thanks for my copy, [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]!)

Comment

Did I send you that? I can't even remember owning it at this point tbh.

Comment

This just drove me crazy .....very rarely i get annoyed but I cannot see what the harm was as not using third party apps, just a quicker way to farm gear and as the games IS PVE....its not broken/Hacked loot, Whats next people getting banned for speed running games ?????.

Years ago publishers paid people to test the games....then people are paying publishers to test the games, and now people are paying for testing games which are buggy games at launch and to be worried they could get banned for finding and using bugs....the industry has gone mad

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I don't think it's fair shame Sony in any this. Its not their consoles fault. Countless games run on the ps4 without the threat of bricking it. They are also refunding a game they neither designed nor published.
                  Sony are they retailer though. They have a duty to fulfill the contract with the customer. That said reading ResetEra and reddit it sounds like Sony are denying refunds in a lot of cases. EA has at least acknowledged the peoblem now.

Comment

Most of the mainstream sites are picking up on the PS4 news now:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ul-ps4-crashes

Anthem's publisher finally acknowledged the game was hard crashing PS4s last night, and asked fans for help diagnosing the issue via its EA Answers HQ message board.

These crashes are not just closing the game client - they're suddenly switching off the entire PS4, as if you had yanked out the console's plug.
                    When reports of this began popping up online yesterday, a handful of users claimed their PS4 had been "bricked" by the issue - something I've seen a few websites repeat.

"Bricked" implies a console has been irrevocably broken, turned into a literal brick of plastic with no way of turning back it on. I've yet to see proof of this - and EA does not recognise it yet either.

What does seem to be happening - fairly widely - are the after-effects of a PS4 suddenly losing power. Many fans using EA's Answers HQ report having to wait a short while (a few minutes in some cases) before their PS4 is able to be switched back on, and only then by pressing the button on the console itself rather using a controller. Some report being thrown into the PS4's hidden Safe Mode, which is a scary-looking set of menus designed to fix serious system bugs.
                    A couple of people on reddit have reportedly gained refunds out of Sony for their copies of the game, although these seem to be outliers if true, and not indicative of any blanket refund policy.
                    And for the homourous take: https://twitter.com/Fauxtaku/status/1102650822113050626:

No longer content with killing Mass Effect and Star Wars, EA has turned their murderous eye towards your PS4

Comment

It's just ridiculous that we have game after game being released in a completely unfit state. Oh but it's OK, it will be patched and made better as time goes on, stick with it.
                      I should add that in no other media or area of life is this approach OK. Albums and movies aren't left unfinished but released. That work you do for your boss... Do you just give them an unfinished version but tell them it's going be to fixed later? Dentists just do half the filling at full cost then later you get the rest?
                      Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 05-03-2019, 10:17.

Comment

For me this is flat out refund or remove the game temporarily from sale. Certainly if it was 'bricking' PS4's then I think they would have to consider that. Although EA say the have no evidence, how much have they done to contact those that have claimed to have experienced it?

And you now have Sony Customer Services suggesting users wait for a fix from EA, after they have exhausted the few options they have to run through.

Certainly these hard crashes aren't right, but also make me wonder how robust was the Sony QA on the certification of the game. And judging by the numbers of responses it certainly doesn't appear to be a particularly stable game on Xbox or PC either (albeit without the suggestion of 'bricking').

All a bit of a mess.

Comment

I think at this point it's only fair that everyone take a very cautious approach to new EA releases. The amount of bad practice for major release after major release now is just embarrassing and frankly, there needs to be some serious reviews within its walls because its unjustifiable.

Comment

Out of our group of players we've had mixed results, two people have had no hard crashes, i've had one, and three other friends have had two or more. its a bigger problem then their making it out as from just our small sample it would seem you more likely to get a hard crash than not. this doesn't always result in a broken ps4 too their have only been two reports of this happening as the ps4's crash system is quite robust.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 05-03-2019, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              I think at this point it's only fair that everyone take a very cautious approach to new EA releases. The amount of bad practice for major release after major release now is just embarrassing and frankly, there needs to be some serious reviews within its walls because its unjustifiable.
                              Financially they making records levels of revenue (even if they are slightly down this year). These critical and public missteps don't appear to align with their revenue atm.

There's now a EA CS rep on Reddit re-affirming that no PS4's are being bricked.

No console has been bricked. None. Zip. Zero.

People are just don’t understand how to turn the PS4 back on and rebuild a database.

There is a real issue and it NEEDS to be fixed. But making false claims doesn’t help anything or anyone. Anthem isn’t going to brick your console. But it shouldn’t be crashing it either and this is 100% preventable and something they can fix. Should not have been launched yet. Bad form on EA and BioWare.

I’ve taken calls all day about this issue. Most people wanting refunds, which we aren’t giving out. A few people got them this morning but then the order came down not to issue them as the issue can be patched. Those that did get them never had one before and the one I dealt with was because they had spent quite a bit in the PSN store over the years and it was seen as “worth it” to keep that person a repeat customer. This is very rare!

Comment

Question is, will EA see repeat customers for Anthem... not feeling they will

Comment

Working...
                                X