Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    I've sure the MP will be full of microtransactions as GTAV is which I've equally no interest in, with any luck the single player is free of it.
    I sense the true evolutions of Rockstar's games, will be making their single and multiplayer modes much more seamless. Which might mean added content is relevant for all although risk opening up the mtx to all.

Apart from hoping the monitisation isn't as bad as GTA Online (who am I kidding) I also hope Rockstar don't dump and run again on the single player. Literally after a few weeks of bug fixing they never touched the single player in GTA V again and of course we never saw any extra content.

The trailer is stunning though.

Comment

All footage running off PS4 pro at 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Yep, The XBox One X version going to look insane, can't wait the game and its world looks incredible
        Itle look exactly the same as the PS4 pro version, with probably zero frame rate bump either. I don’t know why people would think it would be otherwise.

Comment

For me, noise is the biggest factor in choosing the X over the Pro for mutli-platform stuff. I've always loved Sony hardware (and give me a Dual Shock 4 over an xbox pad any day of the week) but the Pro is such a noisy mo-fo it spoils the immersion.

Comment

Is the Pro running genuine 4K or checkerboard? That'd be the main thing between it and the XBX version, I fully expect Rockstar to target parity between them. It'll be down to the PC version to exceed both.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Itle look exactly the same as the PS4 pro version, with probably zero frame rate bump either. I don’t know why people would think it would be otherwise.
              Because Rockstar specifically patched RDR backward compatible to use the extra grunt to improve the performance on Xbox One X?

Comment

Framerate is a good point, no doubt the dips will be less severe on XBX. Thing is, the PS4 is the lead system usually for Rockstar and RDR2 is a cutting edge visuals title. With RDR it was an old game but with RDR2 they've no reason to put specific effort into making the XBX version sing, it means more work, benefits a small percentage of users, leads to moaning about other versions and most importantly for them means they can't make as much fuss when they release the double dip PC version and inevitable 'remasters'

Comment

I might have a rerun through the first game, and I definitely need to play Undead Nightmare.
                  Maybe then I'll be sick of cowboys and can take a break waiting for the price to drop!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    If that's PS4 Pro then how good is the Xbox One X and PC port going to look. I can't wait! Now I really need a 4K TV for my Xbox One X.
                    For the X I'm guessing it will look 1% better.

I'm looking forward to the PC version where I can play at an acceptable frame rate with it looking roughly 15% better than consoles. Perhaps a texture mod will come along to improve things further, just like what happened with GTA5:

Unfortunately 144FPS and the best graphics ever don't stop quests from being boring AF.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 10-08-2018, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Yep, The XBox One X version going to look insane, can't wait the game and its world looks incredible
                      But you hate open world games right? This was the core reason why you dropped both BotW and Odyssey five hours in. For you this should have 7/10 written all over it.

Comment

It’s going to be the PC version for 60fps and the best textures, obviously.

But honestly when the pro version (which we’ve seen running now) looks that good, who give a hoot, the game looks astonishing.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-08-2018, 11:14.

Comment

Ive never played the PS2 game which is available on PS4. Is it worth it or is it too janky now?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            Ive never played the PS2 game which is available on PS4. Is it worth it or is it too janky now?
                            Red Dead Revolver?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Bit of an odd one read dead revolver was. Certainly had its charm back in the day with an oddly playable split screen multiplayer duel mode.

Worth a shot if picked up on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                But you hate open world games right? This was the core reason why you dropped both BotW and Odyssey five hours in. For you this should have 7/10 written all over it.
                                I guess you must have missed me saying how amazing GTA 5 was after finishing the game and spending nearly 30 hrs with it, never mind my love of Division. Its all about the game world and how Interesting it is to play and explore.. And this game looks amazing with a brilliant game world to explore. Its could be a Ghost Reckon Wild lands or Zelda Botw borefest, but I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                                X