• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Bargain from smyths in the end. X forza 7, horizon 4 and rdr2 for 389
    That’s a fantastic price for a fantastic console. Welcome to the club

Comment

My gamer tag is TheBoletarian, add me peeps! Not set live gold up yet but will do later tonight
      Added. I'm the_Ch33se.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        The internals are very good - everything is modular and well built inside the unit. The heat sink is very high quality and solid copper (which is why the X is so heavy), but when there's no thermal paste to conduct the heat through it, it may as well be a lump of plastic.

The only tricky bit taking it apart was the X-clamp on the heat sink on the rear of the board. You need to take time and care removing it with some pliers else you're going to end up damaging surface mount components or ripping traces.

If anyone finds their X has started sound like a hoover though, it's probably gone the same way as mine.
        Ha ha I'm the most useless tech person around mate you'll never find me even attempting to open this bad boy!

Comment

Odd. My xbox does not believe anyone has added me yet...

EDIT: The phone app knew about it so all sorted, cheers.

Comment

Can't edit on work PC so soz for double post:

Can I play Bayonetta on a One? If so I can get rid of (well, put in the loft) my WiiU. Just realised I can catch up with the Halos too (got the itch after playing Destiny).
            Digital Foundry said it was the best machine to play the game on. Solid 30fps throughout, no drops. I picked it up myself.

Comment

As much as I can **** on Microsoft for the God awful UI, credit where credit is due, setting up my X was unbelievably awesome, "Mr Finsbury Girl would you like to copy all of your settings etc from your existing S console to the new console?". Yes please Mr Microsoft. I could even use my same pin code without prompting. What a pleasurable experience. Hats off Microsoft.

One spanner in the works, my Gold comes up next month, it's UK account, I assume I can still use my UK account in Aus? I know you can change region, but I don't want to unless I really have to. I suppose buying games online will be an issue? Anyone have any insights on this?

Comment

Hi... Your account will work anywhere in the world. I have an Australian account and just moved back to the UK, is still an Aussie account and I'm using it the same as I always did.

I believe the only issue you will have is if you renew gold membership and update your payment details once in Australia with a new address and payment method.

If you do that I think it would transfer to being an Australian account and no longer a UK one. In my case I haven't changed yet from my Australian details so it's like I'm using it overseas for now.

Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                  Digital Foundry said it was the best machine to play the game on. Solid 30fps throughout, no drops. I picked it up myself.
                  30fps!? Where did the other 30 go?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                    As much as I can **** on Microsoft for the God awful UI, credit where credit is due, setting up my X was unbelievably awesome, "Mr Finsbury Girl would you like to copy all of your settings etc from your existing S console to the new console?". Yes please Mr Microsoft. I could even use my same pin code without prompting. What a pleasurable experience. Hats off Microsoft.

One spanner in the works, my Gold comes up next month, it's UK account, I assume I can still use my UK account in Aus? I know you can change region, but I don't want to unless I really have to. I suppose buying games online will be an issue? Anyone have any insights on this?
                    You don't need to migrate regions anymore, just change the store region on your console and have a valid card for the new area and shazam. You can move back and forth at will

Comment

Beauty thanks Nonny, EB.:-)

Comment

Having a valid card is unlikely though. None of my New Zealand, China or Singapore cards work on the US store so I have to buy prepaid cards which in 2018 is a load of ****ery.

Comment

Got a 14 day game pass trial so installed master chief collection. Good lord , 3D games do not age well! Halo is one of the best games ever, the graphics redone for this version and runs at 60fps but I’m having a really hard time accepting what’s presented to me. I thought it was just the first 3D gen games that were the problem but I think it’s maybe all 3D games if they’re old enough. I guess halo is 15 years old at this point?

Comment

the graphics redone
                            I never liked the redone graphics in MCC Halo. I played it through switched to original ... much better looking game without that cheap and nasty lick of paint.

Comment

Didn’t know you could do that! Will look for the option. Cheers.

Comment

You can toggle it on the fly with the view button iirc

Comment

Working...
                                X