No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not a fan of that at all....so much padding....many games already seen before (and coming out on other formats) and to be honest Crack down 3 is not really my type of thing.

With all these developers Microsoft have snapped up they really really need to start showing a stack load of exclusive games next year

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
      Inside Xbox is live. My first and final live blog commences.

Crackdown 3 out February 15, included in Game Pass from day one.

[snip]

Microsoft acquires InXile Entertainment and Obsidian Entertainment

The end
      Not a single new game exclusive or otherwise was announced at Microsoft's sole big Xbox event.

Doesn't sound like it was worth going all the way to New Mexico to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Not a single new game exclusive or otherwise was announced at Microsoft's sole big Xbox event.

Doesn't sound like it was worth going all the way to New Mexico to attend.
        I was sat at home, bored, watching the stream, just figured few others were! Also New Mexico is in the US, this was in Mexico City!

I'm pretty sure there'll be more announcements during Game Awards, just no exclusives. Can't see Nintendo announcing much on there and it won't be all Sony neither
        Last edited by Nico87; 11-11-2018, 09:20.

Comment

The biggest news was 35% off Forza Horizon 4 when I haven't picked it up yet.... I'll be having that!!

Comment

Seems a waste of a conference.
            I can't see how buying game developers can be a good idea either.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              The biggest news was 35% off Forza Horizon 4 when I haven't picked it up yet.... I'll be having that!!
              Showing as 20% for me, even as a Game Pass subscriber. Is this 35% scheduled to start this week or something?

Comment

Says it was part of the black Friday deals... I haven't checked the store yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  Says it was part of the black Friday deals... I haven't checked the store yet.
                  Ah OK. Might be me being too keen then. Watching the Bears vs. Lions and haven't paid attention to the Xbox conf.

Comment

The holidays are almost here, and Xbox is back this year with our biggest Black Friday sale ever. There will be loads of deals on Xbox consoles and accessories, Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold, and must-have games, including the lowest price ever for Xbox One X at $399.99.* We’ve got all of these […]

Comment

I suppose the whole XO18 thing was more to make a statement on their seriousness about games more than anything else given how redundant the show was. Nice to see the Obsidian buyout is confirmed, I do like them but they weren't going to last too much longer given how much they struggle to have commercial success.

Gears 5 next year means I'm currently looking at having to spend upwards of a whopping £14 on MS products next year now!

Comment

In addition to confirming they'll be at E3 2019, this rumour is out...

According to new reports, Microsoft is preparing to launch a disc-less version of its Xbox One console, and it may arri…

That two new Xbox One models will launch next year. A digital only model and an Xbox One Slim

Comment

One of the main reasons I upgraded from the standard Xbox One to the S when it launched was because it had a UHD-BR player in it. I suppose if you've no interest in that and prefer to pay more for your games and never trade them in, it's worth it. I guess this will be another test of whether people are interested in a digital download only console.

Comment

That was my thinking too, MS testing the water for a Digital only console.
                            I also can't help thinking its a way for MS to dodge paying the Bluray Disk Association every time a game is printed or a BD drive is installed in the Xbox. Although Sony is only a small part of that.

Comment

I very much doubt MS would go to the trouble and huge expense of making a console just to test the water. Putting in a BluRay UHD Drive in to each One S or X isn't cheap (just for the drive alone) and I would guess this is simply a way of MS being able to cut out to drive, so able to make the unit even smaller, fewer worries over cooling and being smaller would make it cheaper still.

Add in Gamepass where one can download out a choice of 100 games and it becomes an incredibly good value to families looking to take a punt or to the user who likes to upgrade to a newer model on the cheap. I just wonder what Hardware will be inside (if true) a variant on the S or X

Comment

All digital is the way ahead. I hate it but when the new Spyro game needs a 40Gb+ download why even bother fighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X