Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man that's so 360 era

Comment

If your going to use AA batteries I would highly recommend pre-charged/eneloop batteries and a separate battery charger.
      Normally you get 4 in a pack and the usual run time on those fresh is about 15-20+ hours of play depending on size you buy, they really do last quite long.
      Alternatively there’s a play and charge kit, which has a 1400 mAh battery capacity, which of course will charge whilst you play.
      Or if you have a long enough micro usb cable you can just play without batteries at all, wired connected to Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        quick dumb question. Can you charge the pad using USB instead of using batteries ...?
        You can't charge regular batteries, but you can use the pad with no batteries in with a USB cable, either plugged into the console or plugged into a power point.

Comment

Eneloop batteries all the way.

Comment

Have to say DOOM looks incredible in 4K and still runs like a dream and wow with Farcry 5 running at native 4K .
            Bring on The Division 4K patch!

Comment

I didn't actually think Doom looked any better than I remembered

Comment

It looks so much sharper now. The XBox One X is just a beast of a system

Comment

Microsoft need to make an Xbox one X only VR system. The power of that machine coupled with the positioning tech they have for hololens would make a killer VR system. I see all the 4k HDR awesomeness of this system but after playing VR I seriously don't give a toss. I'll take lower Res, fake 120fps VR over this every day. But, if MS made a VR system with higher resolution for Xbox I'd probably be in. As long as they have the games of course, but there's no reason they couldn't. This must be in the pipeline surely?

Comment

2016 when they announced Project Scorpio they did announce it would be a 4K and VR system, then they officially showed off Xbox One X the following year and there was no mention of VR whatsoever. Maybe MS felt that launching VR in the position they are in is not a good idea? Maybe they didn’t have enough support?
                    They may announce something at this years E3, so who knows.

Comment

As cool as VR is, I think that boat has sailed for this gen.
                      The consoles don't have enough CPU to deliver the framerate for VR outside of experiences and a handful of 60fps games.
                      I'd love them to bring one out and I'd be there day one.

I'd imagine they are more likely to just allow compatibility with any existing MR headsets.

Comment

I agree about the just supporting existing headsets. Consoles not having enough power simply isn't true though. A regular PS4 can deliver an amazing vr experience, a Xbox one X could power a Vive I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I agree about the just supporting existing headsets. Consoles not having enough power simply isn't true though. A regular PS4 can deliver an amazing vr experience, a Xbox one X could power a Vive I reckon.
                          Its depends on the game, current racing games suffer on VR because the power is not there, GT Sports is a joke in VR and Drive Club VR a blurry mess. There is not enough power to run current racers in VR on the consoles. I do agree that SONY VR is the most amazing experience this gen or for any gen, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            That would be cool. Thank you.
                            Mate sent you a PM.

Comment

Just can't get over how good Doom looks in 4K. Some of the best art and game engine this gen

Comment

Can we check how long we have played games? I am keen to see my Far Cry 5 playtime...

Comment

Working...
                                X