X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    You can still get the controller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Superking is after the console pack. I’m not fussed personally can’t be bothered with the hassle.

Comment

Just managed to order a pad from Shopto.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
        Do you believe you would use a limited edition Pro more than a non-limited edition Pro? The games play identical on both, man.
        No. I believe it's nicer looking on my shelf.

Comment

Amazon just emailed me to state that they are cancelling my pre-order due to an error.

Well there goes that then. Never thought I'd say this but should have ordered with GAME

Comment

Seen similar on Twitter. Also something about opening pre-ordered at 10 tomorrow at Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
              Amazon just emailed me to state that they are cancelling my pre-order due to an error.

Well there goes that then. Never thought I'd say this but should have ordered with GAME
              I’ve just received the same email. So I responded with a complaint and full on rant... we’ll see where that gets me.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                And pressure from publishers and developers. As said before this scenario is new* and I don't think it's the last time we see it (* using your account with purchases/progress across platforms - not the matchmaking part). If publishers believe that they can make more money, or want to pursue 'platforms', then Sony will come pressure from more than just their customers.
                Boom!

Bethesda says situation could be "fairly dire" if Sony disallows The Elder Scrolls Legends cross-play "It's absolutely critical."

Bethesda could be heading towards a standoff with Sony over cross-platform play. Not over Fallout 76, which does, as a multi-platform online multiplayer game, fall squarely into the 'wouldn't it be nice if PlayStation and Xbox and PC audiences could play together?' debate, but over The Elder Scrolls: Legends, a card game.
                "But for Legends it's absolutely critical," he said, "both cross-play, which is how Legends works right now on every device - you're playing against somebody who could be on any device - and, more importantly, cross-platform progression, which means no matter what you do on any platform, you load up the game and so long as you're logged in, here is all your progression, here is everything you had, everything you were doing.
                But what if Sony says no - would Bethesda go as far as not to launch The Elder Scrolls Legends on PS4?

"This is a really good question," Hines said. "I imagine the answer is fairly dire but I don't want to jump to conclusions yet because there's a lot of space between 'yes' and 'no'. What if they so 'no' to this but 'yes' to this?" It could present an unforeseen and workable solution.
                Would be interesting to see what the middle ground is, but once again Publishers and Developers love their cash and this Sony stance does potentially impact their revenue streams.

Comment

Amazon may be cancelling all orders placed before 10, some went up around 7-8am then quickly pulled.
                  So they may be just cancelling those or cancelling all and restarting tomorrow at 10, which to be honest would be annoying if you legit got one after 10.

Anyways it’s been a total **** show for a limited edition console.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Seen similar on Twitter. Also something about opening pre-ordered at 10 tomorrow at Amazon?
                    Yea - basically opening up pre-orders at 10am tomorrow because they mucked up. Problem is now everyone knows the time it'll just massively decrease the odds of getting one. Also having to contend with nervous North Americans getting orders in early too because they don't know pre-order plans for NA retailers. I'm on a train at 10am tomorrow so zero chances for me.

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                    I’ve just received the same email. So I responded with a complaint and full on rant... we’ll see where that gets me.
                    I'm guess they will offer a free month of Prime or £10 voucher.
                    Last edited by Digfox; 14-08-2018, 12:06.

Comment

For Elder Scrolls: Legends Sony will say no 100% and shrug it off. Neither will they care if the game doesn't reach PS4 either, Bethesda will be the one losing out, Sony has nothing to gain from bending having already denied it to bigger fish

Comment

Perhaps, but it quite likely more and more publishers will become 'noisy' about this. Sony will continue to feel the pressure and not from just their customers. We don't know if Epic did anything about this issue and were already on the platform/signed into legal agreements.

Early days.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Amazon may be cancelling all orders placed before 10, some went up around 7-8am then quickly pulled.
                          So they may be just cancelling those or cancelling all and restarting tomorrow at 10, which to be honest would be annoying if you legit got one after 10.
                          Did anyone get a legit one after 10am? I spent ten minutes refreshing from 10 and they didn't reappear on the site for me.

Comment

I haven't read anyone getting one after 10am (from Amazon) particularly as the page appeared to be down. Just sounds like Sony explicitly told retailers to open orders after 10am and Amazon didn't do that.

Comment

Sony should of sacked the retailers off for such a limited run and sold direct only.

Comment

Problem is, they did that with the 20th Anniversary PS4 and is was a disaster for most people because it wasn't a fair competition and people were abusing it. I think the retailers did OK this morning and sites like GAME, Very, PC World/Curry all withstood the strain. It's just Amazon clearly made a mistake and haven't put their hands up to it and suitably compensated their customers.

It's difficult getting these truely limited items and most will be disappointed. Only way to be sure and if you really want the item is to pre-order twice I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X