Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collected my transparent blue pad.

I like the copper notes and the way the face buttons are all the same colour.

I don't like the smooth plastic it is made from as it feels it will get nasty to hold during long sessions when you hands get a bit clammy.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      You mean you’re actually going to take it out of the box and use it! Sacrilege...

Seriously though, you’re probably one of the few
      If you're not going to use it what's the point? There are better ways to invest money.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        If you're not going to use it what's the point? There are better ways to invest money.
        Tell that to all the scalping mofos on eBay...

Comment

I think speedy is comparing playing on it to keeping it sealed for selling later.

Comment

PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition Competition

Edit: Out of curiousity, what were your answers to the tiebreaker question (i.e., how many platinum trophies were unlocked on the PS4 during 2017)? I couldn't find any data on it so went with 3250000.
            Last edited by Deuteros; 25-08-2018, 08:19.

Comment

I went with 18000. Mainly because 99% of the player-base are casual retards.

Comment

Also, just one console to give away? How generous!

Comment

That's all they could get their hands on, eBay scammers got the rest!

Comment

They're giving away three consoles per eligible country, sixty in total.

Yeah, my number seems a bit too much, in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                      They're giving away three consoles per eligible country, sixty in total.

Yeah, my number seems a bit too much, in hindsight.
                      Awesome. I registered under the UK which was probably a mistake. Should be interesting if I win...

Comment

I said 113000 odd trophies.

If 70,000,000 have been sold that's only 0.16% of owners earned a platinum.

Comment

PS4's been somewhat quiet of late given the slow run of releases over the summer so only today did I remember that Spider-Man is next out. Having a look round, everywhere is pitching £50 and after watching several gameplay vids I think I've decided to skip it and hold until it drops in price. The gameplay just started to get... really boring. It's a huge open world and I'm sure other areas appear but it was all so generic and repetitive. As per the PS2 benchmark game, swinging off tall buildings remained the highlight but I think, having viewed all that footage, I'm happy to do Tomb Raider and RDR2 first.

Comment

I played it yesterday. It is pretty boring and navigation around the city is more annoying than fun.

Comment

After a while it seemed to start feeling more like a remaster of the PS2 one than a modern entry. I think I need to see more variety and some positive feedback before I'm sold on it to warrant full price.

Comment

Yeah, I played it at Insomnia for about 15 minutes. I tried walking around to see what was at ground level and the NPCs were just looking up as if Spider-Man was above them. Don't know how finished it was, though,

The actual fighting mechanics were pretty much what I expected, though there is a skill wheel that I barely used so that might open up combat with more moves and powers later in the game. It is very similar to Infamous.

The web slinging was very disappointing to me. You use the shoulder buttons for webbing. The first time I travelled around the city felt superb. By the fifth, it had worn off and got a little annoying, having to navigate around the buildings which I realised lack variety.

I think I would prefer to just drive the Spider car around the streets of Manhattan.

Saying all of this, I will probably buy it at some point, still, and I'm hoping it was a bad demo!

Comment

Working...
                                X