No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Castlevania 2 game collection is up for preorder on PSN, £13 for PS+ members. 26th Oct.

Comment

Shame it is just the two games, maybe we’ll see more in the future if this sells well enough...

Comment

Tried pre ordering Castlevania but it won’t go through??

Comment

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Few more details for castlevania.
          Managed to pre order after,£12 bargain

Comment

Oh man, I'm really torn on Castlevania.
            I've wanted to play one for a while, but can't decide which version to get.

Castlevania Requiem
            Contents: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood
            Format: PS4
            Pros: Both versions in HD update.
            Cons: Still fairly expensive (£12.79); only playable on PS4; loads of dead space around the main screen

The Dracula X Chronicles
            Contents: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood
            Format: PSVita and PSP
            Pros: Fits the Vita format brilliantly
            Cons: I think I prefer the original pixelart graphics to the 2.5D remake; you can't play either game straight away, you have to unlock them

Symphony of the Night
            Contents: SotN only
            Format: PS Vita and PS3
            Pros: Original gorgeous graphics; great platform to play it on (Vita)
            Cons: Only one game for the same price as TDXC (£7.99)

Castlevania IV
            Contents: C4 only
            Format: SNES
            Pros: Supposed to be another great game; I already own it
            Cons: graphics not as sharp; I can't be arsed to set up the SNES

I might peruse the Castlevania book from HG101 and have a think!

Comment

Symphony of the Night is a bonafide masterpiece. I'd be inclined to get the best version available, and with a modern tv that's probably going to be the PS4 ver.

I'm just downloading Life Is Strange 2 Episode 1. Soooooo excited to play this (I really love the first game). Just installed the theme too to get in the mood

Comment

What's the idea behind Castlevania being a HD remake? The video just looked like pixel graphics. Do they mean they have just chucked a soften filter on it or did I watch the wrong video?

Comment

I took it they'd be authentic graphically but upscaled somehow (like the games on the SNES Mini)

Comment

I’m considering whether to get this on the Vita or PS4 now... I’m pretty sure it’ll look very crisp on the Vita, but I’m unsure about on a 55” 4K telly.

Comment

I usually go for no filters at all in these kind of situations. If the art isn't completely redone like in Wonderboy, just leave it alone.

[MENTION=6572]BIG EDD[/MENTION] what was the facebook news? I can't access it.

Comment

It was a post by Gamesrafer with some tech details on resolution.Here you go

Last edited by BIG EDD; 27-09-2018, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          I usually go for no filters at all in these kind of situations. If the art isn't completely redone like in Wonderboy, just leave it alone.
                          They're fully capable of applying some really slick CRT filters over the top. They just don't bother. It's absolutely criminal.

Comment

And now NG: Dev are showing some PS4 love...

Originally posted by NG: Dev
                            Hello everyone, I’m René from NGDEV, a small video game development team based in Germany. We’ve been making 2D arcade games for more than 10 years. Perhaps some of you know us from our games such as Gunlord or the upcoming Kraut Buster.
                            Today we’re very excited to announce our partnership with eastasiasoft to bring our retina-scorching vertical 2D arcade shoot ’em up Fast Striker to PS4 and PS Vita. Fast Striker will launch at PlayStation Store on October 16 for $6.99 and supports Cross-Buy. A physical limited edition will also be available at playasia.com.

Like many of our games, Fast Striker features nice CGI graphics and a strong emphasis on scoring. The console port is based on the latest 1.5 update, which contains four different game modes (Novice, Original, Maniac and Omake) and six stages, including more than 40 unique enemy types and huge boss battles.
                            Fast Striker is very accessible to both expert and beginner shoot ’em up fans. The novice game mode provides a good entry level to learn enemy and bullet patterns. The longer you play, the more credits you earn, which makes the game easier to complete. Once you feel more comfortable with the game, we recommend you try out the other game modes, which are not only more difficult but also feature different spaceships and scoring systems.
                            As soon as you feel like a pro, try to complete the game on a single credit (the ultimate test!) and defeat the hidden boss to see the true ending of the game. We’ve also added a large variety of Trophies to the game, including Platinum Trophy support.

Performance is hugely important in arcade games, especially shoot ’em ups, which is why we’ve put a lot of effort into the PS4 and PS Vita ports. As a result, both versions run at a silky smooth 60 frames per second. Furthermore, we’ve added a couple of new features, including fully customizable button controls and adjustable screen settings, such as scanline and screen-scaling support.
                            With six stages, over 40 unique enemy types, super smooth 3D-scrolling backgrounds and huge bosses, we hope you’re as excited about the Fast Striker PS4/PS Vita release as we are. Make sure to look for Fast Striker at PlayStation Store on October 16. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance here
                              Going through some financial strife so looking to sell my ps4 pro.

I'm halfway through NiNoKuni 2 so its a bit frustrating- is everything all saved to the cloud now so I can just resume when I'm back in a better place?

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                                Excuse my ignorance here
                                Going through some financial strife so looking to sell my ps4 pro.

I'm halfway through NiNoKuni 2 so its a bit frustrating- is everything all saved to the cloud now so I can just resume when I'm back in a better place?
                                If you are PS+ maybe, could always save to a USB for good measure?

Comment

Working...
                                X