Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Seems to be quite a market actually, looks to be plenty of more inexpensive wired options. I guess these are appealing to parents buying for kids, or a second controller for local multi.
    There is a market for pro controllers Microsoft have shown this with it excelent pro controller. Nacon, and Logetech have both brought out pro controllers for the PS4 both are pretty rubbish so im looking forward to see if Astro can make a controller as good as its headsets. The main selling point of these are the paddle setups in FPS's. they make it so you don't have to take your fingers off either stick at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      So my brand new PS4 that Sony sent me back, as a replacement for the jet fan disguised as a PS4, has already started kicking in with the fans while playing games, I only got it on the 24th dec.

This hardware is an absolute pile of s**t.
      Sounds like mine, presumably how it is meant to be. Just turn the volume up!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        Sounds like mine, presumably how it is meant to be. Just turn the volume up!
        My partner and I are currently in 1 room (as we have been for a year saving) while we wait to move into our new house, should be a month now. However it’s a big problem, I only get to play at night when we’ve done everything we need to after work and she’s asleep, the last pro I had was so bad the fans alone were waking her up, so that meant no game time at all.

So volume up isn’t the answer.

Comment

This is one aspect of retro gaming that I don’t take for granted, rock bottom power consumption too.

PS2 sounds ridiculously loud compared to my PC and other consoles. You’d think they’d test this kind of thing and engineer as such.
          Last edited by speedlolita; 22-01-2019, 12:53.

Comment

Sony must be mix n matching the components on these because mine is basically silent, nomatter what it's doing. Maybe I could sell mine as a rare quiet edition on eBay!

Comment

My partner and I are currently in 1 room (as we have been for a year saving) while we wait to move into our new house, should be a month now. However it’s a big problem, I only get to play at night when we’ve done everything we need to after work and she’s asleep, the last pro I had was so bad the fans alone were waking her up, so that meant no game time at all.

So volume up isn’t the answer.
              Just buy wife these

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Sony must be mix n matching the components on these because mine is basically silent, nomatter what it's doing. Maybe I could sell mine as a rare quiet edition on eBay!
                They are. Has something to do with 2 factories producing them, one uses a heat sink and fan that keeps quiet, the other uses ones that ramp up quickly.

Honestly it’s taking the piss now, Sony needs to sort this poxy design out.

Comment

Did you see this? https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...uh-7200-review

Comment

Possibly unhelpful with only a month to go but a Switch would work. They are genuinely silent. My One S is pretty quiet too. My launch PS4 has a jet engine noise levels with an unsettling death rattle thrown in. It ain’t great. I’d buy a new one but this gen doesn’t have long to run so I’m not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Nope and very interesting. Maybe I should send this one back and demand the new revised unit. I’m so sick of the noise these poxy pros make.

Apparently the slims are whisper quiet at all times I hear?

Comment

Nope and very interesting. Maybe I should send this one back and demand the new revised unit. I’m so sick of the noise these poxy pros make.

Apparently the slims are whisper quiet at all times I hear?
                        I have a slim and yes you can barely hear it's even on. Think the most noise it makes is if theres a disk in but even then it's not that loud at all.

Comment

I also have a PS4 slim and I've never heard the fan, even during the summer when the air conditioner is at 28'C.

Comment

I'm amazed every time I come to play my PS4 and it starts up and works.
                            It was second hand when I bought it, it sounds like the Saturn 5 rocket and it died and brought itself back from oblivion. When it does finally bite the dust I might just get a Slim. I would upgrade to a Pro but I don't think i can justify it this late into the generation with the PS5 knocking on the door.

Comment

The NDA has been lifted on the beta for Dreams!

Yay!

PS-I'm not buying the game. I'll break down more info tomorrow but basically if you loved the creator features of LBP you'll love this. If not, well... I've got bad news for you

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                The NDA has been lifted on the beta for Dreams!

Yay!

PS-I'm not buying the game. I'll break down more info tomorrow but basically if you loved the creator features of LBP you'll love this. If not, well... I've got bad news for you
                                My experience is

"fancy playing some mediocre games that you wouldn't give the time of day to normally, then dreams is for you"

highest rated 3D space shooter that somebody had made controls where awful actual game-play tedious, highest rated first person shooter someone had made controls where awful game-play tedious, Robot exploration game, controls where awful game-play tedious. hell even the games that MM had made where all floaty no weight borefests.

Comment

Working...
                                X