Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played The Nonary Games (999/Virtues Last Reward/Zero Time Dilemma)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone played The Nonary Games (999/Virtues Last Reward/Zero Time Dilemma)?

As per title, this collection of visual novel style games just caught my interest, specifically on the Vita as Danganropa was so ace and they seem to have a similar vibe. Anyone partaken? If so what did you think?

The Vita/PS4 ports are apparently far better than the 3DS originals according to Kotaku because:

"The remaster makes two simple changes that make the game easier to play. It adds a flowchart to the game that shows you where the plot branches off. This way, if you’re trying to get the true ending, you’ll know how many endings you’ve already gotten, as well as what branch you’re currently on. If you don’t get the true ending, the sequels to this game really won’t make any sense, so it’s great that players now have a better guide to get them there.

999 is also fully voice acted now, in English and Japanese, and it sounds fantastic. Junpei’s English voice actor, Evan Smith, is a stand out. Playing a character who is thrust into a Saw-esque trap is not easy—in such a melodramatic situation, you don’t want to get too maudlin. But Smith’s performance is so natural that it’s very easy to get drawn into his headspace and be fully engaged with the sometimes over-the-top plot. Also, it’s great just to not have to read all the text. I cannot overstate how much text there is in the game. There’s a lot of text."

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, a remaster of the first two games in the Zero Escape trilogy, were released today on PC, Playstation 4 and the Vita. If you haven’t played 999 or Virtue’s Last Reward before, this is the release to pick up. And if you have, the remaster of 999 is still worth it.

Seems pretty dope and worth a punt and this type of title is perfectly at home on the Vita.

I played 999 on the DS, and it's one my favourite games on the platform - in fact, it might be my favourite overall. I think it was a real marvel.

That being said, I couldn't get into Virtue's Last Reward. I think I had it for 3DS and IIRC, there's a massive bug in it where you can find yourself unable to progress, which is quite easy to fall into.

Comment

Yes, it was various usability tweaks and bugfixes that made me want to check out the updated Vita port as the 3DS one apparently had some game breakers.

Comment

Working...
      X