Metal Slug in the SOTN style with Guilty Gear grfx quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Slug in the SOTN style with Guilty Gear grfx quality

While most sides of gaming seem intent on being the latest and greatest that 3D polygons can be, Ive been immersing myself in 2D spritey goodness of late (rememeber, 2D polygons are not the same as 2D sprites, hence I prefer Dodonpachi to Psyvariar).
    And then an idea that Ive had many times before popped into my head again.

Imagine a new Metal Slug game with the gameplay design mechanics of Super Metroid or C:SOTN with the high res and super animation quality of Guilty Gear X.

Itll probably never happen, but a nice idea.

Any thoughts?

that would be the crappiest game ever.

The only game that ever got the metroid formula right was super metroid, and metal slug is hardly a classic (not flaming). The only reason it gets any attention is because its got the market to its self.

Comment

I would have said GGX animation wasn't that good, definitely not on Sf3/Gmotw level, but on par with Kof.

2D game i wanna see,

Fire Pro Wrestling Xbox
      Naruto Vs fighter (or anime Vs fighter with tons of characters of different shows)
      Street Fighter themed Guardian Heroes style beat'um'up
      Soleil 2

Comment

I had a dream once that I had Assault Suit Leynos 3 for the Xbox. And it was in 2D. And it was the coolest thing evar.

And then I woke up.

Metal Slug as a Metroid game would be interesting. I mean, the Metal Slug world is so detailed, that sometimes when I play the games I wish I could take things at a slower pace and go exploring of my own accord. But they would definitely need to tone things down a little. A Metroid with constant bullet storms and one hit to kill wouldn't be much fun.

Later.

Comment

nice ideas tobal!

Anyway, SM wasnt the only one to get that style of gameplay right, SOTN also did. Hence why I mentioned SOTN in the title.

I think it would work with some modification. when inside "metal slug" you have an energy bar, it wouldnt be too difficult to implement multiple hits. Live would be obsolete, so hit points could take their place whilst maintaining balance.

Castlevania and Metal Slug share some similarities.
          Linear levels, item pick ups, big bosses.

Hey, it was just a dream, if attempted, it could quite easily end up as crap. But imagine revisitable levels, enemy soldiers that respawn.
          Each time you rescue a hostage, you could gain a new permanent item, like a new gun, which you then collect ammo for.

I think if done properly, MS meets SOTN with GGX quality Sprites and spruced up animation, could not only be aesthetically jaw dropping, but have solid gameplay.

Comment

New 2D Castlevania games for the PSP please Mr Konami.

Comment

Originally posted by TEZBEK

The only game that ever got the metroid formula right was super metroid, and metal slug is hardly a classic (not flaming). The only reason it gets any attention is because its got the market to its self.
              Metal Slug IS a classic. The reason it gets attention is because its so bloody good and anyone who knew a little about games of this genre know that its populated with more than just the Metal Slug games. There's also the Contra series, Demon Front and Dolpin Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrime
                Originally posted by TEZBEK

Metal Slug IS a classic. The reason it gets attention is because its so bloody good and anyone who knew a little about games of this genre know that its populated with more than just the Metal Slug games. There's also the Contra series, Demon Front and Dolpin Blue.
                and the daddy of them all Gunstar Heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
                  Imagine a new Metal Slug game with the gameplay design mechanics of Super Metroid or C:SOTN with the high res and super animation quality of Guilty Gear X.
                  And the musical score by Hitoshi (Vagrant Story) Sakimoto. I very much like the sound of that!

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusPrime
                    In my opinion, Metal Slug is only enjoyable in 2-player mode. It's pretty dull otherwise.

I wish Maximo had been a 2D platformer, the 3D game was a chore to play.

Comment

Working...
                    X