-Final Fantasy V
    -Final Fantasy Type-0
    -Final Fantasy III
    -Final Fantasy II
    -Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
    -Final Fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      Never really got in Heavy Gear, videogame, tabletop, or RPG. I like MW2mercs but it's a bit too buggy and unrefined in the way you accept contracts. I've only played the original DOS release, I did try the Win95 patch back in the day but the interface was absolutely horrendous. Maybe a lot of problems were solved in the Titanium Pack or other collections.
      Also, MW2 is still the only were you play as a Clanner from start to end.
      Admittedly I played the 3DFX version, which wasn't the original. It may have been improved from the first release.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      @Asura: I want an explaination for HD Remix. lol

Game is hideous.
      HD Remix is very important to me, in terms of my ability to play 2D fighters. Unlike probably most people here, I never really got into Street Fighter back in the day. I grew up playing the SNK fighters in the arcades (and crap like PitFighter) but I only had a superficial understanding of them, and wasn't very good.

I didn't actually "get into" fighting games until Virtua Fighter, which just clicked with me. I played it to death, that and VF2. However, fighting games only really shine when you have someone to play them with. I had friends from school who played VF,but people generally preferred Tekken as that's a much more fun game when played at low level.

Due to it having GGPO netcode and multiplayer lobbies with observers, SSF2THDR was the first 2D fighter where I got to play many people who were also extremely good at it. I got "under the skin" of the game and improved enormously. I mean, I didn't understand some pretty basic things in SF like cross-ups until I played HDR.

I bought an arcade stick for it (knowing SFIV was around the corner).

I think it remains the only game for which I have earned all the achievements.

I know it's far from perfect. Personally I don't mind the visuals as I like the Udon comics series, though I don't see it as replacing the original, rather just being its own thing. It has other issues people have identified which I'm well aware of, but even so, I think the game's positives outweighed those problems at the time.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Metal Gear Solid

-Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
      -Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
      -Metal Gear Solid

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
      -Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
      -Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
      WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Comment

I know TS is bemoaned by a circle of the originals fans but I find most of the issues levied against it are quite superficial things that depend more on personal preference than are fundamental changes made to the game. The re-recorded voice work never really stood out as much different and whilst the cutscenes more OTT nature annoyed many I found them an easy pill to swallow considering the insanity that MGS2-5 contain. I can appreciate those who prefer the PS1 version, but for me TS simply looks and plays better whilst delivering a very close experience to the original version.

Comment

I prefer TS, too, mainly because I never owned a PS1 and only played MGS on a laptop for a while before the laptop died.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

I know TS is bemoaned by a circle of the originals fans but I find most of the issues levied against it are quite superficial things that depend more on personal preference than are fundamental changes made to the game. The re-recorded voice work never really stood out as much different and whilst the cutscenes more OTT nature annoyed many I found them an easy pill to swallow considering the insanity that MGS2-5 contain. I can appreciate those who prefer the PS1 version, but for me TS simply looks and plays better whilst delivering a very close experience to the original version.
            I think this is pretty key. It's probably something that'll make fans roll their eyes, but I have this weird thing where I think of the first Metal Gear Solid as a stand-alone game first and part of the series second, because I prefer the slightly restrained feel of the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Comment

I honestly thought this thread was 2-3 months ago, how the hell has it been 27 months?!

It came to mind because I've started playing through the Call of Duty Campaigns largely from PS3/360 Era onward, early on but it's interesting to go back and re-experience the changes the series went through. So far for me:

01 - Modern Warfare 3
                02 - Modern Warfare
                03 - Modern Warfare 2

Comment

I'm trying to do Forza, but having real trouble lol. Do I include Horizon? brain implodes.

Comment

Uncharted 2
                    Uncharted 4
                    Uncharted Lost Legacy
                    Uncharted 3
                    Uncharted Golden Abyss
                    Uncharted 1

Comment

Working...
                    X