Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
    You can tell by the controller the dimensions aren't correct.
    Unless Sony made their very own Duke controller!?

Comment

I just can't get on with that design but then I like hardware to just blend in with my other equipment... And yes the Series X is a big boring tower of blackness but I just know I can sit it under my TV like a centre speaker and my 3 kids won't rip it apart like moths to a flame...

This wouldn't ever be left alone by my spawn. It's too flashy!

I also don't get the GTAV update. The amount of money that game has bagged rockstar and they can't even make it free, or make it look as good as the best graphics mods doing the rounds on PC. They can get lost and I'll play it backwards compatible on XSX

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        "Entirely rebuilt from the ground up and masterfully enhanced, this remake invites you to experience the unsettling story and ruthless combat of Demon’s Souls in unparalleled visual quality and incredible performance."

Still doesn't say if the levels, shortcuts, puzzles, boss mechanics etc etc are different. Of course they remodelled and reanimated everything, but that's only a new dress.

Comment

True. What if the 6th archstone wasn’t broken?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Still doesn't say if the levels, shortcuts, puzzles, boss mechanics etc etc are different. Of course they remodelled and reanimated everything, but that's only a new dress.
            Have faith. BluePoint's Shadow of the Colossus was phenomenal.

Comment

I’ll be holding off on both until the midway boosted hardware revision, then I’ll pick from one.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Have faith. BluePoint's Shadow of the Colossus was phenomenal.
                But it was still the Shadow Of The Colossus. I am not complaining about the new graphics, they are wonderful and in no way I will belittle them, but remaking Demon's Souls with no changes in how you do stuff is a big letdown. As Brad said, 6th archstone? Different mechanics for the Dragon God? A new way that the Thief's or Graverobber's work? Rebalanced HP regen items?
                As said before, I will still buy it, but if it's the same game and depending which other games are available around its launch I might leave it unplayed, which is the worst thing that can happen to any game.

Comment

Yous lot have lost the plot if you think the 5 is uglier than the xcube lol

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    I’ll be holding off on both until the midway boosted hardware revision, then I’ll pick from one.
                    Pretty much same here, and likely there will be shell update as well, and it will look hopefully better, the disk based one looks like an afterthought with that drive placement, and vertical only, im out on that alone i like my consoles on a shelf in a rack.

Comment

Out of those exclusive games, not one makes this console a day 1 buy for me.
                      It all hinges on the VR situation and price for me now. If VR is under used then I'm likely to jump to XsX depending on price.

Comment

Stick some fake plastic flowers on top of the PS5 and it could blend in as a stylish vase. I’m surprised at the the size of it. And they seem to be hiding the depth of the system in the official photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

The PS5 design makes the Series X look extremely elegant by comparison.
                          'My Body was ready' for a bloody good laugh ..It's looks more like child toy, than a state of the art console.

Comment

Spidey would be the biggest draw for me at launch ... but it dawned on me I can't ditch the PS4 if the 5 isn't VR compatible ... I can't give that up.

Comment

It looks like something from the Jetsons. I guess they wanted to distance themselves from the blandness of the upcoming Xbox.
                              Job done!

Comment

I'd hide both of the new consoles behind the TV or something. Both are pig ugly. I kind of appreciate Sony tried something different. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X