Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Both this and the next Xbox designs are ****e.
    I didn't like the Series X design when I first saw it, but when I learnt more about how the console was designed, I began to appreciate the overall concept. Now that I've seen the PS5 design, I'm really appreciating how minimalist the Series X looks.

I really wish Sony had delivered a cool, chic design. I'm firmly in the camp that thinks the PS5 design is beyond terrible.

Comment

Batman.

Space is limited. It doesn't fit in IKEA cabinets. It'll be on the floor to the side, hoping the toddler doesn't destroy it. Or cooking in a cupboard.
      Last edited by cutmymilk; 12-06-2020, 09:33.

Comment

just realised how tall the Ps5 is upright with the pad next to it, its only 4 inches off my PC tower.

Comment

It looks worse than I could have imagined...

BUT

If it's quiet running stuff like R&C or Horizon 2 it doesn't matter what it looks like to me.

It'll be in a unit under the TV.

There'll be a design reason it looks like it does.

The white sides will be weird cooling fins or something.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            It doesn't fit in IKEA cabinets.
            Crucial.

Comment

I've never liked the PS2 design, but the PS5 has also managed to make that console look quite chic in comparison.

PS1 & PS4 for the win when it comes to Sony console designs.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-06-2020, 09:57.

Comment

Stood up, it looks like a sagging pouch of microwaveable rice.

Comment

I for one think it looks cool.

Comment

Does this thing spin UHD discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Does this thing spin UHD discs?
                      It does yeah.

Comment

After a night's sleep and waking up and seeing it again I'm going to say... sorry, but it's still better looking than half the consoles from the last decade or more. I'm going to confidently predict that it'll be the preferred design of the two consoles for the majority of the buying public too because like it or hate it the thing actually has some character and design to it. In the line up pictures, other than its size the XSX is about the blandest design anyone could ever have come up with and once the PR media battling begins the PS5 is in either cas eye catching and easier to get into the public consciousness unlike the Series X. It's like how the original Xbox was large and ugly as sin but no-one failed to notice it.

It could have looked less like a router, but it definitely doesn't look like a toy. This looks like a toy:

It may not be true but a while back there were posts from teasing Bluepoint staffers on Era which suggested the project they were working on was their biggest yet because it involved the creation of the most original content etc of any project they'd done so far. Hopefully that suggests Demon's Souls isn't a straight remake.

Comment

I’m wondering about the camera peripheral being shown at launch. I guess this means the PSVR2 will still need one for tracking? What else does the PS4 camera get used for?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I've never liked the PS2 design, but the PS5 has also managed to make that console look quite chic in comparison. .
                            And the OG Xbox; Guess this will mean the PS5 will flop in Japan as the unit is so BIG

Comment

I'm pretty stoked about there being an official charge dock, hope it performs better than the licensed one for the PS4. The media remote looked very nice too.

Comment

The reveal worked:

Introducing the new Xbox Series X*. Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020. Learn more at: https://www.xbox.com/consoles/xbox-series-xFOLLOW XBOX:Youtube: ht...

Xbox Series X reveal has 12m views after 6 months

Introducing the new Xbox Series X*. Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020. Learn more at: https://www.xbox.com/consoles/xbox-series-xFOLLOW XBOX:Youtube: ht...

PlayStation 5 reveal has 9m views after 15 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X