No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I'm almost out of the console thing, maybe old age, so I didn't see any of the reveals but I'm coming in here to say I like how it looks. It's not that this system looks wrong. It's that everything in our houses didn't get scifi enough to match. Everything should be black with a clean white and needless plastic curves. EVERYTHING.

This is one of the most interesting-looking systems in years. Maybe ever.

Comment

I want to replay the series now

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

I want to replay the series now
        That does look great. Look at the lighting and all the particle effects. There is a lot going on.

Comment

The stream quality for me was absolutely dire last night. Need to re watch the trailers at a decent quality.

Still hate the console, im going to resent that monstrosity being in my house, will have to hide it behind the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            What the EGS stand for?
            Epic Game Store, basically it’s on PC but only available on that store.
            Which I can 100% understand for devs, Epic come at you with a cheque/support AND Sony come at you with a cheque/support you take both cheques.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              That does look great. Look at the lighting and all the particle effects. There is a lot going on.
              Jokes aside . That looks awesome and so does RE 8.

Comment

I was most impressed with Rachet and Clank particle affects shown above, Little Devil Inside with aesthetics, Gran Turismo 7 showing Home screen upgrades and used cars, as well as original tracks from old games(Some in separate vid Sony posted). and Village: REVIII bet werewolves will be intense.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  It is quite long isn’t it. Will be flat for me too.

Comment

Love gaming but i cannot get excited about console and game reveals now days some of the games chances are will not get released....some are years out...and some will be multiformat and the "reveals" often just CGI and all they are good for is telling you a game exists

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      It looks worse than I could have imagined...

BUT

If it's quiet running stuff like R&C or Horizon 2 it doesn't matter what it looks like to me.

It'll be in a unit under the TV.

There'll be a design reason it looks like it does.

The white sides will be weird cooling fins or something.
                      Yeah, you would hope they have learned from the noise PS4 makes.

Problem is with the units. It won't fit in mine. OG PS3 wouldn't fit either so maybe I bought the wrong cabinet, but still!

Comment

It’s going to an expensive jump this generation. Hope Shopto and Klarna can help me out

Comment

Digital Foundry have their analysis of the PS5 presentation up, as they usually do with these sorts of events. Which is quite interesting if you're into that website/channel.

However at the end Richard Leadbetter makes the point that a UHD Blu-Ray drive is an extremely low cost, something like $20 for Sony to add to the console. Therefore given it clearly wouldn't make sense to have such a small price difference between the sku's he is wondering whether Sony really subsidise the cost of the Digital PS5 to further incentivise the consumer to spend more money on PSN.

So building on what he said, maybe something like £449.99 for the Digital Edition and £549.99 for the UHD Disk Drive version. Will be interesting to see.

Comment

I'm not in camp Playstation, currently have an Xbox One X - there seems to be plenty of buzz around this and complete confusion over series x. I mean whats coming out for that (genuinley no idea), and seems like its just an Xbox X pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              and seems like its just an Xbox X pro?
                              From what I've seen -- the Series X will be faster than the PS5. The design of the console is really clever, so you have a big heatsink, a 2 layer motherboard that helps with cooling, and the huge fan delivers great airflow. Microsoft have done a lot to make sure the CPU & GPU can run at maximum performance.

Go on the MS website to see how impressive the design of the tech is. I didn't like the actual case design much, but it's grown on me. I much prefer it over the style of the PS5.

I'll end up buying a PS5 because there will be exclusive games that I want. It will also be interesting to see how they improve VR. Astro Bot 2 will be a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                So building on what he said, maybe something like £449.99 for the Digital Edition and £549.99 for the UHD Disk Drive version. Will be interesting to see.
                                I hope for £400/450. No way I'm going to get a digital-only console, and if it's really £550...no matter how tempting Demon's Souls is, it can wait till the console drops below 500.

Comment

Working...
                                X