Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I wouldn't agree that there's zero incentive to upgrade from a One S or X. Clearly that's not true - the Series X is significantly more powerful and will offer a better experience.

But I would say that the incentive is lessened compared to the PS5, where you'll get titles that are completely exclusive to that platform.
    I see your point on this and you're right about that piece but one of the reasons against upgrading as an early adopter is price and this is potentially where the XSX has an advantage because with the PS5 you're buying it for the exclusives and the only way to get those is to purchase them at RRP.

With the XSX you have game pass covering a lot of the major titles coming at launch so you're only really talking about hardware cost and I am sure some will trade in their current Xbox One to do that. All your titles carry over, smart delivery for some you've already bought etc...

Of course the real incentive to upgrading is if there is something you must have that's not available elsewhere. That used to be AAA titles day one exclusive but I think at least for me I really want to play Halo Infinite in the best possible form available and I already "own" it so why wouldn't I upgrade?!

It's a slightly different appeal and I'm sure some will be quite content with just an Xbox One X... That's fine. I'm quite sure MS won't care either.

Of course we will don't know what Lockhart is or will offer yet. Or whether that's coming in 2020.

The biggest major factor for any of the consoles right but is price. The world is a very different market now compared to last year...

Comment

There'll definitely be those who want to experience Halo in the best way possible and so will get a Series X but MS has to be careful as those people will most commonly be the ones who thought the same when the Xbox One X launched and as it turned out it wasn't that great a number who were sold on purely better res of stuff they could already play.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        I see your point on this and you're right about that piece but one of the reasons against upgrading as an early adopter is price and this is potentially where the XSX has an advantage because with the PS5 you're buying it for the exclusives and the only way to get those is to purchase them at RRP.

With the XSX you have game pass covering a lot of the major titles coming at launch so you're only really talking about hardware cost and I am sure some will trade in their current Xbox One to do that. All your titles carry over, smart delivery for some you've already bought etc...

Of course the real incentive to upgrading is if there is something you must have that's not available elsewhere. That used to be AAA titles day one exclusive but I think at least for me I really want to play Halo Infinite in the best possible form available and I already "own" it so why wouldn't I upgrade?!

It's a slightly different appeal and I'm sure some will be quite content with just an Xbox One X... That's fine. I'm quite sure MS won't care either.

Of course we will don't know what Lockhart is or will offer yet. Or whether that's coming in 2020.

The biggest major factor for any of the consoles right but is price. The world is a very different market now compared to last year...
        Sounds like we are agreeing bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          I got a 3DFX card back in the day just to play Half-Life, even though I could play it in software. I loved the Master System, but I rather the Mega Drive versions of the same games for better graphics and sound, even if Mickey Mouse plays better. I thought the MD version made a bigger impact. I don't see serious gamers being happy with Halo on a base Xbox, rather than getting a Series X
          There are serious gamers on here who didn’t get a one x or a PS4 pro. Those are the folk you miss out on. And there’s a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            There are serious gamers on here who didn’t get a one x or a PS4 pro. Those are the folk you miss out on. And there’s a lot of them.

That is slightly different as those were upgrades to existing consoles. That's not quite the case here, its about a true follow up console and a new generation of consoles.

Comment

Oh lord this is going in circles.

Any predictions for the July event people?

Comment

Microsoft will have the:
                XBOX One
                XBOX one s
                Xbox one x
                Xbox seriesX
                Xbox seriesS
                All on the shelves at once.

I do wonder if mother of four, Karen, will know which one to buy her son. Or if she'll just plug for the PlayStation 5, because her son already has a 4 and 5 is bigger than 4.

I just don't know if MS have really thought that name through.

Comment

July Event Predictions:

-Halo Infinite
                  -Forza Motorsport 8
                  -Fable 4
                  -Hellblade 2
                  -Microsoft Flight Simulator
                  And then two or three slightly smallet scale games as MS continues to burn off the already in development stuff they picked up during the acquisitions.

Comment

I've been looking at the PS5 and wondering what the design choice was for putting a USB and a USB C on the front. Why not just 2 USBs? It feels to me that there is a reason for it. It offers the option to charge two controllers, but I think the USB C is for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I've been looking at the PS5 and wondering what the design choice was for putting a USB and a USB C on the front. Why not just 2 USBs? It feels to me that there is a reason for it. It offers the option to charge two controllers, but I think the USB C is for something else.
                      DualShock 4 charging for back compatibility couch co-op?

Better not be for the camera. All that crap needs to be round the back.

Comment

I can tell you the fighting game community aren't happy with the USB slot configuration. Every arcade stick at the moment is standard USB, so only 1 player can plug into the PS5

Comment

We know the DualSense controller is USB-C powered so that's one port down. It'd be surprising if there were none on the rear though especially with the PSVR support.

Comment

My guess is that the controller will have fast charging delivered through either the USB or USB C. But perhaps it also has wireless charging? Maybe a wireless Dock will be plugged in to the USB C? Or the USB C will deliver data to the PSVR breakout boxes mini USB up until the PSVR 2 is released.
                            It has a reason to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                              I can tell you the fighting game community aren't happy with the USB slot configuration. Every arcade stick at the moment is standard USB, so only 1 player can plug into the PS5
                              Well then the FGC are a bunch of morons, because:

1) they can buy USB-A to USB-C adapters for next to nothing
                              2) they can buy USB-C hubs with USB-A ports on them, like I did for my phone
                              2) their sticks might not even work on PS5 games, just like PS3 sticks don't work on PS4 games without built-in support(like SFV)

Comment

My guess:

Forza Motorsport 8
                                Halo Infinite
                                Fable (a full reboot, just called Fable)
                                Hellblade 2
                                Gears Tactics (out on PC launching on XBO XSX in game pass launch day)
                                Smaller titles from double fine, possibly remakes with Series X upgrades.

Sizzle reel of games Series X enhanced:

MC Collection (4K120)
                                Forza Horizon 3-4 (4K120)
                                Gears 5 (4K120)
                                Halo Wars 1&2
                                Ori 1&2
                                The Outer World's
                                Minecraft
                                Minecraft Dungeons
                                Sea of Thieves
                                Etc...

3rd party titles Series X enhanced, quick rundown of all coming with enhancements such as Doom Eternal, Control, Witcher 3...

Finishing on a glimpse of what the Initiative are working on... Possibly Perfect Dark.

What I really want, Splinter Cell. One can hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X