No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah late 2020. Pessimistically I think the new machines won't be really worth owning until 2022 (depending on your appetite for buying one for slightly improved cross gen titles).

I'll probably end up buying one for Bethesda's next RPG as they'll both be next gen exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Yeah late 2020. Pessimistically I think the new machines won't be really worth owning until 2022 (depending on your appetite for buying one for slightly improved cross gen titles).

I'll probably end up buying one for Bethesda's next RPG as they'll both be next gen exclusive.
      Yeah I agree, I wont be jumping in like I did with the PS4. Besides there are still leads of great games i haven't played yet, and when the PS5 comes out I could sweep them up at a low price. Elder Scrolls 6 will probably be the reason I get one.

Comment

Yep I'm with you - that or Starfield, whichever is sooner. Really anything next gen only that looks suitably megaton will do the job. With PS4 I had a launch machine preordered months in advance, then cancelled as I wasn't personally arsed about playing stuff like COD Ghosts on my PS3 anyway, so realised the lunacy of forking out £350 on top to play a slightly enhanced version. Witcher 3 (with bonus Mortal Kombat X icing) was what got me to jump into PS4. It was a great intro to the machine, it felt way more advanced than a PS3 game.

Comment

Another PS5 rumour

Comment

It's not really- it's about a 2-year-old patent on technology Sony is using now for emulation. Nowt to do with PS5.

Comment

I doubt it will have a touchscreen. The touchpad is woefully under used as it is.

Comment

No hardware maker revealing a new console should be evoking memories of the WiiU. Sony just needs to cut the touchpad and tighten the QC of the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Sony just needs to cut the touchpad and tighten the QC of the controller.
                  They what do what to me, now?!

Comment

Sony Interactive Entertainment won't be hosting its annual press conference or showing up at all during next year's massive E3 expo.

Just being reported now is that Sony will be skipping E3 2019 completely with no official tie in with the show in any manner be it from the venue of hosting their own show

Comment

Maybe they will do a Direct instead.

Comment

Seems the thinking is they won't be doing anything. They should. They really should.

Comment

Its an odd one this.
                          Sony could be going quiet to simply drip feed some games through the year and then E3 2020 unveil the PS5. But then that gives MS another year to have a console to show. Plus ramping down development on ps4 games as a run up to the ps5 just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.
                          The other thing could be that Sony go quiet to build expectations and in Q3/Q4 2019 unveil the PS5 with undivided attention, also getting the hop on MS. But I'm not sure that will happen either.
                          The third option could simply be that they have nothing to show at all...

Comment

I enjoyed the suggestion on Era that Sony felt so bad for Ms this gen that they decided not to E3 next year as it's the only way Xbox could 'win' and E3 for once

Comment

Certainly makes E3 less relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                Certainly makes E3 less relevant.
                                Speaking as a watcher of the industry side of the games media, this isn't particularly unexpected. I don't know how much Sony/MS spend on E3 but I do know that it's a lot. This won't surprise anyone here, of course. The important bit is the cost/benefit analysis; i.e. how much each company gains from that expenditure. It has led to something of an arms race where each has spent more and more over the years, to the point where it's hard to justify that expenditure.

Nintendo have actually done really well out of this, much as it's always a shame that they don't do a live show. Their Direct approach (coupled with their presence on-the-floor at the event) is significantly cheaper to put together.

Sony have probably looked at it and wondered if they could get away with that; I mean they do all of that as well every year anyway.

Plus, the live show is a bit of a gamble. Every year, we see stuff go really right and really wrong. Personally I love it; I watch E3 live and I guess it's like how "normal" people feel when they watch celebrity talent shows. The point is that Sony's, in 2018, had a very mixed reception; their whole "site-to-site" gimmick didn't really work, especially for the audience at home - and let's face it, the at-home audience has grown enormously in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X