No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's the official PS3 Navigation controller which worked as the nunchuk to the Move controller.

Comment

Spider-Man: Miles Morales will feature a Performance Mode optimising settings to deliver 4K/60fps

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://twitter.com/insomniacgames?r...25145909620736
        Spider-Man: Miles Morales will feature a Performance Mode optimising settings to deliver 4K/60fps
        Is that 4K or 60fps?

Comment

I guess maybe both and it shuts off some effects?

Comment

I think its clear they mean 4k @ 60fps. But maybe they should have written '4k & 60fps'.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://twitter.com/insomniacgames?r...25145909620736
              Surely an update of a PS4 game can run at 4k and 60fps on a substantially more powerful system without needing to add a specific mode? Welcome to another generation of 30fps Sony first party games...

Comment

Isn't it always going to be the case with newer improved graphics vs performance vs cost thingy stuff?

They make something for the next gen, having it look like something consoles have never seen before with poor old frame rate being the first thing to take a hit. I dunno, I'm guessing.

Comment

30fps in a cinematic third person adventure game is fine for me.

60 in FPS or racing games is lovely though.

Comment

I kind of want to get one for that new Spiderman game. My son loves Spiderman, but he's only turning three in August. A PS5 is a bit too much of an outlay on him at the moment.

4K/60fps (I guess without any ray-tracing) will make it look phenomenal.

Last edited by dataDave; 20-07-2020, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post

4K/60fps (I guess without any ray-tracing) will make it look phenomenal.
                      That first scene where Spider-Man is on top of the falling chopper, when the camera reverse sweeps through the street, the world looks like a real model or something. So beautiful.

Comment

I'm hoping that keeping to 1080p will mean my PS5 won't have to work so hard. I'm not getting into 4K any time soon.

Comment

I know, and people and PS5 are talking 8K. Slow down guys. Happy on 1080p here lol

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            4K/60fps (I guess without any ray-tracing) will make it look phenomenal
                            Its Insomniac, they don't make bad looking games.

You should try Ratchet and Clank remake on ps4 Dave, native 1080p, pixar level environments and 60fps, phenomenal on a technical level and a fantastic game to boot.

Ive no doubt the new Ratchet is going to be an special visual treat.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Its Insomniac, they don't make bad looking games.

You should try Ratchet and Clank remake on ps4 Dave, native 1080p, pixar level environments and 60fps, phenomenal on a technical level and a fantastic game to boot.

Ive no doubt the new Ratchet is going to be an special visual treat.
                              Hate to be the one to break it to you but Ratchet PS4 remake is 30fps, an unstable one at that when it gets busy.

Comment

Seems your right. However I've been through the game 5 times over the years and never seen a dip in performance or a hitch in the frame rate, its so smooth i assumed it was 60fps.

Comment

Working...
                                X