Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    I kind of want to get one for that new Spiderman game. My son loves Spiderman, but he's only turning three in August. A PS5 is a bit too much of an outlay on him at the moment.

4K/60fps (I guess without any ray-tracing) will make it look phenomenal.

The new stuff is just an expansion pack for the PS4 game. If you really just want to play Spider-Man, watch out for PS4s getting discounted and pick up the game on that.

Comment

Its not an expansion pack Wakka, its a full game. Given though, their going to use the city and re use assets from the ps4 version, but thats only natural given the time frame they’ve developed this title in for PS5 launch.

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]

It's only on PS5.

Think Uncharted Lost Legacy or inFamous First Light. 8 - 12 hours instead of mainline entries 15 - 20 hours.

Comment

I'm quite tempted by a launch PS5 for myself, to be honest. I skipped the PS3 and PS4 and now I find myself craving for some Gran Turismo. There are never that many games I'm interested in, although there are at least one or two a year, and that's all I need as long as I can get 100+hrs out of them.

I need something for under the TV as I don't want to be spending 20hrs each day in my attic. That said, I'm going to need to work my arse off to be able to afford one. My income is still crippled.

No big loss if I don't make it. Cyberpunk will still run best on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            @wakka

It's only on PS5.

Think Uncharted Lost Legacy or inFamous First Light. 8 - 12 hours instead of mainline entries 15 - 20 hours.
            Yeah, I know the expansion is only on PS5, but if you are just looking to play Spider-Man, the main chunk of the game can be had a lot more cheaply on PS4, is what I meant.

@fishbowlhead I guess it depends on how you would define expansion pack? To me it's an expansion pack. A set of additional levels for an existing game that follows a new story. Like Blood and Wine for Witcher 3.
            Last edited by wakka; 21-07-2020, 08:27.

Comment

Except thats its not and is a stand alone title on a new platform?

Comment

It's coming on its own disc, but it's not a full sequel though, is it? It's a halfway house. Half the length, and reusing lots of assets.

At the end of the day it's just semantics, but to me Lost Legacy and First Light were expansion packs, not full games.

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it - it looks fun! But it is what it is, something they could get out quickly for launch to tide people over.

Comment

Ubisofts launch next gen games will be priced the same as current gen ones. Nice but as it should be given they're the same games running at the same performance for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-x-this-autumn

Ubisofts launch next gen games will be priced the same as current gen ones. Nice but as it should be given they're the same games running at the same performance for the most part.
                    Yea, it seems the flood of more expensive 'entry' pricing for next-gen games hasn't materialised yet.

Although Yves Guillemot and Ubisoft has far, far bigger issues: Eurogamer - After weeks of devastating sexual harassment allegations, Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot is asked how much he knew

In an extraordinary exchange during last night's company results call, Guillemot was asked by financial analyst Ken Rumph exactly how much he had - or had not - been aware of.

"I could present the question on what's happened recently as three options," Rumph began. "Either as CEO you didn't know this was happening which was not great.

"Or you perhaps didn't know enough and should have asked more, maybe that's the answer.

"Or you knew, which of course would not be good.
                    Those are my possibilities - you may answer the question differently. But I'd like to ask what would be the answer to your question of responsibility as CEO?"

Guillemot replied:

"Each time we have been made aware of this conduct we have made, actually, tough decisions and we made sure those decisions had a clear and positive impact. So that's very important.

"It has now become clear that certain individuals betrayed the trust I placed in them and did not live up to Ubisoft's shared values.
                    I'd argue that he should really be gone at this point, which won't happen given his family's 18% ownership of the organisation.

Comment

Let's break his quote down here:
                      'Each time we have been made aware...' so he was made aware multiple times.
                      'we have made tough decisions...'
                      Plural. So he was made aware multiple times and each time made a decision that obviously has not worked because its still happening.

Comment

Leaked capture from Guillemot's Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace Training Presentation

Comment

Leaked images seem to show that the white panels are swappable. I said they might be.

New leaked images show that the white plates of PS5 are indeed swappable. Learn everything we know about it here in this news article.

Comment

Ooh, I will dip mine into Marmite or something else black for a cool finish. Or leave them off so it will fit under the TV.

Comment

Thank jebus i can change the colour.

Comment

Wonder if they'll do special edition games with a matching panel

Comment

Working...
                                X