Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    There are loads of games I can't wait for and I simply can't wait to see the new systems too. But the days of me setting the Alarm, to see all the late shows at E3 are gone. It's not just for gaming; I don't get up early for the F1 like I used too and while I love football and more so the away days....I've cut back on them big time, just becase I'm older and it's takes me like 3 days to get over a big drinking day out lol

I do agree with you on SEGA though. I so wish SEGA would use their Arcade games far more and also port their Light gun games to Sony's VR.
    3 days to get over a night out. Man, you should join me on my 8pm to 5am sessions. You'll probably be dead for a week. I don't get home till 7am. Take a shower then off to bed. Normally wake up around 12:30 pm feeling okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      3 days to get over a night out. Man, you should join me on my 8pm to 5am sessions. You'll probably be dead for a week. I don't get home till 7am. Take a shower then off to bed. Normally wake up around 12:30 pm feeling okay.
      LOL, I really love you when you came back home for a couple over Christmas Ect; since you're a fellow SEGA and Saturn nut and she loves Liverpool I love drinking the good stuff, but now suffer from the 3day hangover (after a heavy weekend) Also sadly these days I'm also finding myself more and more falling asleep in the pub at around 22:00pm on just a normal night out, which pee's off my partner but always gives my mates a good laugh

I'm on annual leave this week and looking forward to a swift half later on

Comment

Just for you Yak's

Comment

Just for you Yak's
          NICE! I'm out this coming Saturday night. May take some video.
          Oh, keeping on topic. Err, ps5 yeah ��

Comment

Seems to be some beer spilt in the ps5 thread, someone get some bleach please.

Comment

Sony announced free beer with every PS5!

Comment

but I do feel a RR 8 could push over a million copies if Namco really tried with it.
                They just need to look at RR7 and deliver a similar game with improved graphics in 4K. With lots of people preferring digital copies, it would probably help with sales. Namco wouldn't have to rely on just physical copies selling loads.

When it comes to arcade racers being viable in the modern market, you can certainly find examples of them doing well. Mario Kart 8 has done brilliantly, Fast Neo Racing has appeared on the Wii U and Switch, and Horizon Chase Turbo managed to grab people's attention. The Forza Horizon series is a big thing that really shows people don't always want sim-style gameplay.

Can't wait for E3 when we start to see a little of what we can expect for the next gen too
                My big wish for the next gen is to see the big publishers support the indie scene. I think we'd see lots more -- and better quality -- indie games if big publishers helped out with development.

I think there's quite a big market for more niche(arcade-style, shoot 'em ups, abstract etc) games away from all the AAA franchises. We sometimes get a few indie games that become big things, but we'd probably see far more if the games industry helped support indie developers. It's not easy creating a professional game, so smaller devs could probably do with some help making sure their games feel polished.

I'd love to see loads of top quality shoot 'em ups, arcade-style games, arcade racers, and more old school style games in general. There's certainly a significant amount of gamers that are interested in more retro-inspired experiences. Digital marketplaces make delivering them far more financially viable. I hope the big publishers embrace that side of things more with the next generation.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-04-2019, 06:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  They just need to look at RR7 and deliver a similar game with improved graphics in 4K. With lots of people preferring digital copies, it would probably help with sales. Namco wouldn't have to rely on just physical copies selling loads.
                  I think Namco may make another one myself. I really think SONY messed up with Evolution Studios, they were an awesome group and I really would have liked them to make a new Motorstorm game for the PS4. MotorStorm: Apocalypse just took the series in the wrong direction and woulld have loved to see a new one, return to its routes. It's a perfect fun Arcade Racer and one of the best game on the PS3

Comment

Tarmarin has been announced for PS4 & PC from a lot of golden era Rare devs (Chameleon Games). Full announcement below.

Comment

It's a perfect fun Arcade Racer and one of the best game on the PS3
                      I was hoping for the series to return to its roots and also deliver 60fps on the PS4. Even just a remaster of the first game in 1080p and 60fps would have been great.

A few indie devs have tried to copy MotorStorm but didn't come close to delivering something as well made. It's still quite an impressive game, despite being so old. Evolution really knew how to create stunning graphics.

I also wish Criterion would create a brand new Burnout that takes full advantage of modern hardware. Just imagine what they could do with PS5 sort of tech.

When it comes to arcade-style racers, they don't have to be severely lacking when it comes to content. Lots of people act like "arcade-style" means very limited content, but that was only the case in the 90s. Modern arcade-style racers have usually had quite a lot of content.

I'd love to see lots more top quality arcade-style racers that feel really polished and have lots to offer. I hope we get some with the PS5 and the next gen in general. Maybe Sony will deliver a brand new Wipeout that's really fun to play. Hope so.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-04-2019, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        I was hoping for the series to return to its roots and also deliver 60fps on the PS4. Even just a remaster of the first game in 1080p and 60fps would have been great..
                        I'm amazed we never got a remaster or even a new game that could closer deliver on the PS4 to the fake E3 trailer of the original

I also wish Criterion would create a brand new Burnout that takes full advantage of modern hardware. Just imagine what they could do with PS5 sort of tech.
                        The trouble is, it would no doubt take part in a Huge Open world map, that's always online. I rather see an old school racer and with some good old fashioned replay modes (something totally lacking with Forza Horizon) I don't get EA I thought Need for Speed Rivals was so good and then they had Ghost take the series in a terrible direction.

Maybe one day SEGA will port SEGA World Drivers Championship to LIVE or PSN

Comment

I'm amazed we never got a remaster or even a new game that could closer deliver on the PS4 to the fake E3 trailer of the original
                          What Evolution did with PS3 tech is astonishing, so they could have delivered an amazing 60fps MotorStorm game with the PS4.

The trouble is, it would no doubt take part in a Huge Open world map, that's always online. I rather see an old school racer and with some good old fashioned replay modes (something totally lacking with Forza Horizon) I don't get EA I thought Need for Speed Rivals was so good and then they had Ghost take the series in a terrible direction.
                          Well, EA could take advantage of the 'retro scene' and deliver an old school Burnout experience with modern graphics. It could be a digital-only release and I'd be happy.

Maybe one day SEGA will port SEGA World Drivers Championship to LIVE or PSN
                          I didn't know about this game. Looks like Gran Turismo 3 but with modern graphics. Seeing GT3 is still my favourite in the series because it plays so well and has fantasy tracks, I think I'd like Sega's game. I'd also like Polyphony to deliver a more arcadey Gran Turismo with all the classic tracks from the first three games -- plus maybe some new fantasy tracks to enjoy.

I appreciate that lots of people love the sim racers, but I don't like real world tracks and sim style gameplay. I always get bored after a few weeks of playing them. I like arcade-style racing with larger than life race tracks.

Comment

Paradise Remastered seemed to do well enough to tell EA the Burnout franchise still held sway but EA being EA they'll likely do nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Paradise Remastered seemed to do well enough to tell EA the Burnout franchise still held sway but EA being EA they'll likely do nothing about it.
                              Well, it at least gives us a bit of hope. When it comes to open-world racers, I wish developers would put simple 'quick race' options with preset courses in as well, so you don't always have to get involved with the open-world aspect.

I personally don't like wandering around a map and challenging people to races; I prefer everything to be preset so I can learn courses and improve my times. Giving people both options would make everyone happy.

Comment

Whilst I'd be happy to see a Paradise sequel it'd make a lot of sense for Burnout 6 to return to track based, Paradise worked only after its updates and years of Criterion perfecting their craft. NFS suggests EA's racer making skills are way off pulling off a worthy Paradise sequel but a Burnout 3 inspired visual showcase could be wonderful

Comment

Working...
                                X