No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 is a joke, just a load of youtubers and social media kernts buzzing round a big mound of chod.

Comment

Could be that Sony is drip feeding info about the PS5 leading to the specs, the price and the release date. They could then start taking preorders before E3, and therefore before MS have shown their hand? Get a jump on the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        E3 is a joke, just a load of youtubers and social media kernts buzzing round a big mound of chod.
        The funny thing is -- if E3 were rebranded 'YouTube E3' and focused heavily on the YouTube gaming celebs, then it would probably be a much bigger event. I wouldn't watch it, but it would appeal to millions of people who love YouTube gaming stars.

The only gaming-related celeb that I ever liked was Dominik Diamond because he was intelligent, irreverent, and made me laugh.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-01-2020, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I don't really get attending hundreds of events and not doing E3. If they later announce a Nintendo E3 timed seperate thing sure but skipping it when it attracts a huge amount of attention regardless of being past its prime seems like a missed opportunity.
          Attending dozens if not more of small shows is probably cheaper than 1 E3. Those types of big shows would charge millions to platform holders, then said company still has to pay for the stand, wages, hotels, food etc. Ends up as a small fortune in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Could be that Sony is drip feeding info about the PS5 leading to the specs, the price and the release date. They could then start taking preorders before E3, and therefore before MS have shown their hand? Get a jump on the competition.
            That's the opposite of what they did with the PS4, seeing MS's hand then gazumping them at every turn.

Comment

I'm getting the impression that the PS5 will not be as powerful as xboxsx (I actually have a dodgy x button on this keyboard lol), but will be cheaper. MS will put out a more expensive console, but with more more powah. Is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                I'm getting the impression that the PS5 will not be as powerful as xboxsx (I actually have a dodgy x button on this keyboard lol), but will be cheaper. MS will put out a more expensive console, but with more more powah. Is this right?
                Thats the rumor. Next box around 12flops and ps5 around 10. However again this wont mean a thing without games to show off nextbox, vs ps5 thats going to have exclusives from the off.

Also Sony have been working on some real interesting SSD tech to use the ssd drive as extra ram (slow ram compared to regular ram obviously), but still, it could be a game changer if its as good as the rumours say.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-01-2020, 21:29.

Comment

hmm. I hope it's not a case of the PS3 era where third party games use MS as lead platform and then the PS5 port has a Bayonetta PS3 effect.

Comment

Reading around it seems like if Sony don't make a change to the rumoured spec then the 10flops vs 12flops the difference to users will be negligable given the way the tech works. Add to that how MS won't be designing games to fully utilise those 12flops (having to keep the 1.31flops of the XBO the key target) for the next few years then it looks pretty much locked in that PS5 will quickly become the next-gen target base for most developers given how easily scaled and ported it will be as well as likely having a hugely larger userbase.

Comment

I'm intrigued by the idea of it being less powerful but cheaper.

XBO was less powerful than PS4 but Kinect bumped the price up considerably(429 vs 349).

hmm. I hope it's not a case of the PS3 era where third party games use MS as lead platform and then the PS5 port has a Bayonetta PS3 effect.
                      At least the systems are very similar this time around, so even a lazy port won't be as bad as PS3 Bayonetta.

Comment

Since both new consoles are essentially the same being set top pcs this is a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Oh boy, I’m now incredibly curious to hear what is classed as a “arrogant yank executive” decision?
                          I mean, you can't seriously defend the range of dissonant names the recent (and upcoming) Xbox consoles have had.

Apple's devices achieve in spite of it, not because of it. What the hell even is a "Series X"? What's the series? Is there a range of devices?

Comment

X is used as a placeholder too. Mwaaah

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I mean, you can't seriously defend the range of dissonant names the recent (and upcoming) Xbox consoles have had.

Apple's devices achieve in spite of it, not because of it. What the hell even is a "Series X"? What's the series? Is there a range of devices?
                              So it's arrogant to reveal your own console and choose what to name it if you"re an America corp .But quite ok to reveal a console and call it what you want, as along as you're Japanese...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                So it's arrogant to reveal your own console and choose what to name it if you"re an America corp .But quite ok to reveal a console and call it what you want, as along as you're Japanese...
                                Basically. Everything the xbox division is so disjointed its a joke. Typical of US firms where execs come in, try to put their stamp on everything for the sake of screwing it all up and are then sacked or move on.

The exact same thing happened in the early days of Sony and PlayStation, the US exec in charge Sony USA said PlayStation was stupid and he went off on his own tangent trying to rebrand the console under his ideas and name for the US, then he got stomped on by Japan head office, rightly so.

Comment

Working...
                                X