No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony have been suspiciously silent. Makes you wonder if they have some problems.

Comment

I wonder if Corona Virus has had a part to play?

Comment

It absolutely is.

PAX East and GDC were cancelled, E3 probably going the same way. We just don't know the impact on their supply chain/manufacturing yet but given the impact on virtually every other company out there from the virus, it would be surprising if there isn't some kind of re-planning going on behind the scenes.
        Last edited by Digfox; 10-03-2020, 16:54.

Comment

Though today's news has me 100% convinced now that Horizon II is a launch game

Comment

Possible but I don't really see the point. Silent Hill is popular but not a mega-franchise and PT was never more than a corridor with some jump scares. I could get Sony making a horror game but only one they had full ownership of.

Comment

Kojima and his team have been teasing Silent Hill, or trolling people, for a while now. There have been tweets with the word "silent" in it, people holding pyramid branded pencils, pictures of monitors with nothing but a hill on it etc. I hope it's true.

Comment

I'd love it if Silent Hill 2 got something like the Resi 2 remake treatment.

Comment

On the flip side, if Kojima patches things up with Konami then Sony can commission a proper Metal Gear Solid VI

Comment

Sony product announcement on April 20th.

Comment

And now the rumour is that Sony is after buying the IP from Konami for Silent Hill, Castlevania and Metal Gear with Kojima set to work on Silent Hill and Metal Gear. I'm strongly calling BS on this one because it just makes no sense and it's hard to believe that Kojima, who no longer wanted to make MGS, would then be okay with Sony buying it and making him work on it once again. Whilst there's always the chance of it being true it just feels like fan made nonsense to kill time because of a lack of real PS5 info

Comment

On one hand I'll be happy to see those franchises in the hands of someone who will use them, on the other I really doubt Konami will sign their death certificate...or maybe they will retain the rights to everything but videogames.

Comment

Playstation have just put up on Twitter Mark Cerny will be doing a livestream tomorrow on the ps5. Things are heating up! haha

Comment

I like to imagine that Cerny saw the Microsoft footage yesterday and just went "hold my goddamn beer!".

Comment

Yea it definitely gives off a confident vibe. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X