No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this posturing over specs seems stupid when i have yet to see a game for either of the new gen, till i see one i like i won't be picking one up. I do find it amusing that some people online just blindly buy a console just because it's new and then have it sit there gathering dust till something comes along to play. VR for me was the dealbreaker while it's not perfect the quality is good enough that i was happy to jump in. Looking forward to seeing Sony develop the hardware for next gen VR with finally some decent controllers as once they are in place then it's going to change a lot. No more fumbling around trying to learn the move controller workarounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      I don't dream about Mark at 1:AM
      No, just teraflops.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        No, just teraflops.
        Just 10?, Poor child

Comment

Does Xbox One X have Demon's Souls? No. I rest my case.

(PS5 doesn't have it yet either.)

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
            Does Xbox One X have Demon's Souls?
            Neither does PS5 and given the patchy BC it's not looking for the PS5

Comment

It was a bit dry that presentation. Quite interesting, but dry. I think people will be hung up on the 10 vs 12TF. There seems to be alot of custom stuff going on with the PS5. The price could be interesting. If XBox is priced the same for more power it could push the balance. Ultimately I'll still be getting a PS5 because I want more VR and games like Last of us and God of war.

Comment

As [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] said, this was supposed to be the tech industry facing presentation which should have happened at GDC so was always going to be dry.

Even though he said "later this year" I'm still thinking neither console will be out until 2021 with the way things are going in the real world at the moment.

Comment

Hope there's a hepa filter on the fan at the back, it can double as a virus scrubber for the room as it's in sucking in airflow and trapping dat china jank.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    LOL specs mean **** in the real world, i don't buy a machine to brag about it's power i buy it for the games. And thats why i never bothered with xbox this time as theres nothing to entice me to it, cuphead went to pc and in doing so it lost the one reason i'd get one. Doubt i'll go with another xbox as PS5 will have vr so it's where i'll eventually end up.
                    I still MP on Xbox because of Xbox Live and I can use a pad (yeah I know, M&K but my reactions are now well past their prime); the online services offered on Xbox still give MS an advantage. It's not one thing, it's the whole package.

Really though, you need all of them consoles for the full experince

Comment

Interesting. Less raw grunt but PS5 can move everything around twice as fast due to those ludicrous read/write speeds of the ssd.

Comment

I can't wait for the completion videos. I suspect PS5 might have the edge.

Comment

I've been trying to read up on this for hours. From how it's coming across it seems to be common thought that XSX is the more powerful in raw terms but to a lesser extent than PS3/360 or PS4Pro/XOX. In the long term multiplatforms should see a splinter in performance but we're likely past mid-gen refreshes by then so it matters less to tech fans. Exclusives will look better on PS5 because of the usual reasons meaning the big battle will come down to rrp and software.

It was definitely a terrible method of unveiling information. Sony mishandled this one and that seems to be the biggest damage done.

Comment

It's a warzone on neogaf lol, i have tried to catch up on stuff but the trolling is insane. Have any games actually been announced for any of these new gen consoles?

Comment

Nothing really, certainly nothing that is reliable to reflect what they can do

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                It's a warzone on neogaf lol, i have tried to catch up on stuff but the trolling is insane. Have any games actually been announced for any of these new gen consoles?
                                Nothing games wise.

MS have even said theres not going to be a single seriesX exclusive at launch either which writes that off instantly for myself, ill just buy anything I really want to play on pc from MS studios.

PS5 will replace my ps4 pro, but, im not too fussed if thats not until next year now due to the back catalogue i have.

Comment

Working...
                                X